[ROM] [ICS] Android Open Kang Project - captivatemtd - Milestone 6

Search This thread

Wdustin1

Nov 19, 2010
Wichita, KS
crazy my IMIE changed to lol. i guess this is what we keep copies of the EFS folder around for. excellent job six seriously dude you are insane!

Mechapanda

Oct 3, 2010
Newbury Park
My dropbox and other apps lost their data, constantly fc

EDIT: after trying to flash build 29 again, it seems to be a problem on there too so looks like i get to build up more data for ALL my apps... at least i get to keep my stuff backed up with mybackup plus

Sent from Outer Space.

Last edited:

sinichi21

Oct 14, 2010
Los Angeles
Well that doesn't sound like a good idea. Replacing one file, especially an older file, from a different ROM on this ROM. If you run into issues, don't report them here.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Hehe i know how you roll six so no worry on my side i wont be posting any problems i get on b29 but so far no problem just edited my post to clarify it on other poeple who want to try it

shuyin1102

Jan 8, 2012
Thanks Six, this rom is really fast and smooth. One thing, the Fast Charge in Nstools was auto disable after reboot although i ticked "set on boot" option, is that normal? And the Call volumn hack script wasnt include in the rom zip, does this ability work if i copy this script to init.d folder?

Last edited:

drktigger

Jan 23, 2012
Madison
I've been having some issues with the camera not always opening on three or four other ics roms. So far I'm not experiencing any of that on this, strangely enough. Everything else is running real smooth as well. I guess I'm staying on this now. :) Thanks six, this is some great work.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

SirBrettrick

Jul 9, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Can anyone help with a clarification please? In the OP, step 3, I am told to flash Team Hacksung's latest build. Searching this thread reveals just the one reference to Hacksung (in the OP). Searching the forum provides 29 possible threads. This step is not referenced in the AOKP FAQs.

Am I supposed to flash the latest ROM from this thread:
"[ROM][ICS][IML74K] teamhacksung's CM9 ALPHA for Captivate (BUILD 17)" ?

Thanks,

AoN

Yeah, that's the one.

Sent from my Captivate

Reactions: anneoneamouse

sixstringsg

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
Thanks Six, this rom is really fast and smooth. One thing, the Fast Charge in Nstools was auto disable after reboot although i ticked "set on boot" option, is that normal? And the Call volumn hack script wasnt include in the rom zip, does this ability work if i copy this script to init.d folder?

Fast charge isn't supposed to stay enabled through reboots. USB storage doesn't work when fast charge is on, so you have to manually turn it on. Or do it through the ROM Control performance menu.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Reactions: mbc663

donclary

Nov 16, 2008
Salinas
Flashed AOKP M4 & Glitch V14 B6, Lost USB ADB

First of all, thank you SixStrings for making such a fast & stable setup for the cappy and for all the time you are putting in to make this happen. I have tried searching this thread and the AOPK site FAQ, but I found nothing related to the issue that I am having.

I have been running AOKP M4 & Glitch V14 B6 for about two weeks now and it has been great. Lots of tweaks to explore. I connected my phone to my PC via USB the other day to open a ADB connection and it would not find the phone. USB Mass Storage worked fine. I tried a different USB hub port, no dice. USB Debugging is on, I updated the Android SDK to v14 and reloaded the cappy drivers from Kies Mini, but still cannot connect to ADB over USB. I downloaded WiFi ADB from the Play Store and can connect to ADB that way.

What do I need to do to fix USB connection to ADB?

Thank you! :)

pizz0wn3d

Dec 27, 2010
Summerville, SC
First of all, thank you SixStrings for making such a fast & stable setup for the cappy and for all the time you are putting in to make this happen. I have tried searching this thread and the AOPK site FAQ, but I found nothing related to the issue that I am having.

I have been running AOKP M4 & Glitch V14 B6 for about two weeks now and it has been great. Lots of tweaks to explore. I connected my phone to my PC via USB the other day to open a ADB connection and it would not find the phone. USB Mass Storage worked fine. I tried a different USB hub port, no dice. USB Debugging is on, I updated the Android SDK to v14 and reloaded the cappy drivers from Kies Mini, but still cannot connect to ADB over USB. I downloaded WiFi ADB from the Play Store and can connect to ADB that way.

What do I need to do to fix USB connection to ADB?

Thank you! :)

I know it sounds stupid, but have you rebooted your PC since reinstalling the drivers?

Herp derp Captivate XDA Premium

rdnckreaper

Just a couple questions....

I have been on Doc's Master since v2 and thought it was the best one out there...last night after talking to six and a couple other people on the glitch thread, i decided to give aokp another try... I FREAKIN LOVE IT!!!! I DIDN'T KNOW MY PHONE COULD BE SO FAST!!!!
The only things that I am curious about is the fact that usb plugged into my computer no longer brings up my external sd?
And my dolphin browser has the words cut off on buttons? (see attached photo below)?

Other than those two things...I love this rom and think I will be making the swap to aokp (I need to make a new signature....)

Thanks six for your help yesterday and your suggestion to come over to AOKP!!!! Great job with this rom!!!!!

Attachments

• screen_20120408_1347.jpg
    screen_20120408_1347.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 273

rdnckreaper

Just curious

Is it possible to theme the rom control and settings menus? If so is there a download for it or is that something that I will need to do on my own? If I need to do it on my own, could you please point me in the direction to making that change.

mikel.canovas

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago
Is it possible to theme the rom control and settings menus? If so is there a download for it or is that something that I will need to do on my own? If I need to do it on my own, could you please point me in the direction to making that change.

You'd have to that on your own. I wouldn't recommend it. Unless you're skilled with decompiling, editing, and recompiling apks, go for it.

anishz

Nov 25, 2010
Mumbai

There are some themes for AOKP in I9000 themes and apps thread. Check there.

glwilliams4

Jan 16, 2011
I'm on Build 29 (freshly wiped beforehand) and I'm wanting to try out 30. So I went to backup before I flashed and the phone is hanging up on the data portion of the backup. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

Also for those of you that flash ROMs left and right are there any apps that y'all use to remember settings? I restore my apps with TiBu after flashes but then it takes me another 20 minutes restoring ring tones how they were. Any way to automate that process?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

TRusselo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
what kernel were you using with build 29? some kernels had borked backup/recovery a while back....

umm we use tibu. and 20 minutes to setup ringtones??? wtf? what? you have custom ring tone for each contact or something??

and data wipe was needed going from 28 to 29 (android 4.0.3 to android 4.0.4) but not 29 to 30 (4.0.4 to 4.0.4)

glwilliams4

Jan 16, 2011
Whoops! Typo...meant to hit a 1 instead of 2 but yeah I do like custom ringtones for certain people. I'm using Glitch 14 I think.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts