Tab 8.9 Att won't charge

Search This thread

pitmansm

Feb 8, 2009
Shows mtp initialization then mtp connected. And the battery shows an x it does seem to charge when shutdown. But never shows fully charged. Anyone have this problem? And sorry if you can't see the x I tried. It shows the same in an original dock and straight connected to usb in computer and charger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335382571009.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335382571009.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 272

orlandoxpolice

Mar 6, 2007
Doesn't support USB charging... only using original charger from a wall outlet.

Kernel modifications can enable USB charging but idk how to do it.

pitmansm

Feb 8, 2009
That's what I'm using. The little cube that came with it and the black charger. Any other ideas? What kernels can I use? The part numbers are interesting on this thing.not the same as the p7500 etc..

orlandoxpolice

Mar 6, 2007
I'm stumped man. Try different chargers or outlets

pitmansm

Feb 8, 2009
Just did a reset held power and volume and selected factory reset and wiped partition still mtp initialization and mtp connected.

hotdogster

Sep 5, 2012
Any update on this? I'm having the same problem, stock kernal. Don't really want to start flashing things.

orlandoxpolice

Mar 6, 2007
sammobile.com has your firmware.

something with the tab or the charger is making it think that it is plugged into the usb and not the wall charger, and since USB charging is disabled in the kernel, you are out of luck there.

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
Im having this issue on i957 on latest Rogers rom. Using a generic cable as my used tab didnt come with stock one. It doesnt indicate its charging but it does verrrry slowly.

Simple answer is likely to get a stock cable but im just waiting for my 7.7 to get here and ill try that stock cable.

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
Im pretty sure my issue is a combo of something i installed and removed/still have or the fact none of my wall plugs for the generic usb cable put out more than 1.0A. I say it could be something i installed or an issue with the rom because when i hold the power button a few short seconds i get no power menu but it restarts.

May try that app tomorrow though so thanks for that. Really just wasting time since ill have to wipe everything to start fresh for cm10. :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Im having this issue on i957 on latest Rogers rom. Using a generic cable as my used tab didnt come with stock one. It doesnt indicate its charging but it does verrrry slowly.

Simple answer is likely to get a stock cable but im just waiting for my 7.7 to get here and ill try that stock cable.

One does need to use the stock cable, or grab one from an att store / Verizon store.

Any "official" cable will have the correct resistance or signal / whatever it is that tells the tablet you have the correct cable.

Verizon or T-mobile car charger for the original tab / 10.1 works too.

Samsung took a cue from Crapple here and requires a resistance value in a certain range or some such thing to recognize the cable as official.