[MOD - ICS] V2 HTC Vivid Advanced Power Menu - 3/22/12

Search This thread

tanner4137

Dec 8, 2011
Texas
I've always wondered, what exactly would happen if you flashed a deo mod on a no deo Rom? Just a soft brick?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

ismoore

Where are the recovery and bootloader options?

I flashed this and it works great with the latest WCX rom. Thank you!

I am curious to know how to get the options shown in the second screenshot of the OP. The option to reboot into recover and bootloader would be great. I can always use clockwork to boot straight to recovery but would be easier to have it built into the APM.

Let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATED 03/22/2012

*This is a tweak for ICS ONLY!

This has been tested on AT&T ICS Vivid based rom only! Flash to Velocity or Raider based roms at your own risk. You must be using a Deodexed rom, or know how to remove the odex files from OTA standard stock roms.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AS I WANT YOU TO UNDERSTAND THE TERMS OF THIS POST & CONTINUED WORK ON COOL ITEMS FOR THE HOLIDAY DEVICE LINE!

The items posted here are not to be cooked into any rom at this time. This is for device end users. I am not trying to start any issues, but I have been working with other developers & with Chef's on this project & there will be a release that is available soon for cooks to use in other public roms. As you know, I have been working on a few projects, the biggest of which is getting more developers involved with the Holiday line of devices as well as to bring back developers that have left the XDA community because of issues & frustrations. My better judgement was to NOT post this or any preview of it until it was complete, but I want this forum to thrive & so I have to go out on a limb & have faith that the forum members & developers can be honest & follow simple rules in regards to permission. Respect is going to be key in making the Vivid forum a success & you can't have respect without trust. So I am entrusting you with this first of many tweaks either done or very close to done that will be available if everyone is honest & respectful. I believe in this community, please do not let me down.

This project is not mine alone. I have had a hand in making it happen for the Vivid but the hardest parts were from j4n87 & his great attitude towards helping build the Vivid section. He does not own a Vivid, but he took the time to really help & has taught me quite a lot. This is the smallest part of some very cool things to come.

Again, this is a taste of several development items we have coming to the HTC Vivid very soon.

So now, I present you the much anticipated Advanced Power Menu V2 for the HTC Vivid. I have been working on getting this going on the Vivid for some time & once again, thanks to the great developer J4n87 (a true Smali-Monster), I was able to bypass my standard version for this nice V2 that you will find in many of the Sensation & Rezound Roms & threads. This is just one part of a suite of tweaks known by many names including "LeeDroid Tweaks" as well as many other names & it will take HTC Vivid customization to a new level when complete.

The file is a CWM flashable zip file. Just place it on your SD Card, Boot into Bootloader, Boot into your recovery & select flash zip menu (depends on your recovery version). Then select the Vivid_APM_V2.zip & flash just like you would a a rom or any other CWM flashable zip.

Remember, if you like this mod, please click thanks & look up member j4n87 & thank him even more.

Zip is too big for XDA, so it can be found here:
    03/19/2012
    Grey Slider
    HTC_Vivid_APM_V2 (Grey Slider

3/21/2012
    Stock Black Slider
    HTC_Vivid_APM_V2 (Black Slider

APM Video Here:
    Click HERE for Youtube video preview.

Pics:
    C6tQk.jpg

7RE08.jpg

Once done this app will allow you to change ON THE FLY: APM, EQS (my Version, prob. gonna add Jan's as final which includes ability to remove or re-position eqs toggle items, go straight to EQS if you have no notifications), Hide Wifi Config (saves space when wifi is not active), Hide notification Icons, Show/Disable recent apps in QS drop down, Enable/Disable EQS Transparency, Notification Bar Caption (add custom text to notificaton bar), Hide specific notification icons, Enable/Disable unlock animations, Standard/Super/Ultra Smooth Rosie, Clock L/R/C, the power saving Capacitive Backlight settings (dim button backlight between 3x levels: Standard/Dim/Off), operator name displayed (Customize or remove), Use/remove paginated app drawer function, change between 4 or 5 column app drawer, Use of AOSP lockscreen, Unlock options (use of Menu button), Up/Down Volume wake (wake device with volume rocker), Access the HTC Diagnotic App & hidden Diag screens, Change or remove the Overscroll Glow Color, MMS Wake up (lights screen when MMS message is received) & APM tweaks including ability to add or remove Screenshot, Airplane Mode, Mobile Data & the Sound Toggle buttons from the APM menu.

Today you are getting a glimpse into this great development with the APM mod.
    I'd love to help for Telestra users & could probably build a version for you guys fairly easy, but I haven't talked to Pirate yet & so far I am only providing fixes for roms that are on XDA or chef's that have agreed to come back & help me square things away. I haven't talked to PG yet, mostly because I am taking it one chef at a time & while I used Bananacakes rom when they both left, I decided to reach out to Wild Child first since he is hard headed like me. :p

I don't really want to be a Mod, been there done that, but I want the developers that left to know that I am willing to make the sacrifice and be there for them. I want them to know that there is an actual Vivid die hard dedicated Mod they can talk to about issues. Most know I have been around awhile & that I don't play favorites. I am definitely not a power hungry ban you now mod. I think that XDA is broken & many Dev's & cooks have learned & benefited from XDA owe it more than just packing up & going away to another site. At the very least XDA members (All, top to bottom) owe it to the spirit of XDA & guys like Buzz & itsme to work to make XDA a positive place. I understand frustration, believe you me, but quitting instead of working things through bothers me.

Some of you use PG's rom & thats great. You can actually probably use this version if you do a few things with adb. If you are willing to try, let me know & I will walk you thru it or post directions. ADB is your best friend when it comes to manually adding things.
    Here's APM with Black Slider on default HTC Skin, same functionality:

http://www.mediafire.com/?94lc2po77py1aoc
    Add to Home, Display, Sound buttons?

The background or actual button color?
    That whole Bottom Bar, buttons, background, everything.
    Has anyone upgraded to beta 4? Can't seem to get this (or the EQS) to work with it.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

Don't think it will work as beta 4 is not deodexed, so pretty much most of the mods won't work with it at the moment.