[ROM][4.2.2] CyanAOSP

Search This thread

anwarkhan25

Oct 25, 2012
Toronto
CyanAOSP
All the hard work was done by ts1506, Spam his thanks button! I just ported this amazing ROM to our Cappy!
As with any ROM, I am not responsible for any bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

This ROM will come in two versions, one will be based on CM10.1, and the other will be based on Supernexus. Both versions will come with the Devil Kernel. I am by no means a developer and I will only update the ROM when and if ts1506 updates the i9000 thread.

Features!

Fast, stable and intended for gamers
Built from CM10.1 source with GCC 4.6 with O3 optimizations, heavily debloated , almost no 3rd party apps pre-installed
Version with SuperNexus Source is also available.
CyanCore Kernel included.
Additional tweaks ( vary from version to version )
For those people who love ROMs with lots of themes , customizations , apps etc , please leave now , you will be disappointed , this ROM is not for you.

Known Issues
For the SuperNexus version, sometimes the background of pop up dialogs are transparent. (FIX: Reboot your phone)

Installation
Back up the EFS folder.
Reboot into Recovery
Wipe data/Factory reset
Wipe cache
Advanced -> Wipe dalvik cache
Mounts and Storage -> format system
Flash Cyan-AOSP ROM
Flash Cyan-AOSP Gapps
Flash Cyancore Kernel
Reboot.
First boot may take some time, be patient.
Set up the ROM and leave it alone for 10-15 mins.
Reboot again and enjoy.

ts1506 (For Original ROM
Pawitp (For CM10.1 Base)
DerTeufel1980 (For Devil Kernel)
Mortal Eternity (For testing)
fishears
Lenarox
mnazim
SlimTeam
DerTeufel1980
kasper_h
zeppellinrox
slaid480
alberto96
darkargon
atomixxx
If i'm missing anyone, PM me asap!

Last edited:

Val D.

Jun 19, 2012
Toronto
I was playing with this ROM for couple of days, running all kind of benchmarks and some games that show FPS. I don't know what "For Gaming" means, but the results I got are the same with CM 10.1.2, with very small variations. Included Devil kernel is very old (from Feb 2013), I was using extracted Devil (from Jul 2013). CyanCore kernel (modified Semaphore) from the same dev makes no difference in benchmark results.

anwarkhan25

Oct 25, 2012
Toronto
I was playing with this ROM for couple of days, running all kind of benchmarks and some games that show FPS. I don't know what "For Gaming" means, but the results I got are the same with CM 10.1.2, with very small variations. Included Devil kernel is very old (from Feb 2013), I was using extracted Devil (from Jul 2013). CyanCore kernel (modified Semaphore) from the same dev makes no difference in benchmark results.

this rom is based on 4.2.2...

Reactions: captivatelover

andy_android

Sep 10, 2011
e1 i tried to fiddle around some benchmarks and fps but there aint any increase in them.....
let me know if you hv achieved high benchmarks n in which config

ethereal_mist

May 15, 2014
New Delhi
I am using the SuperNexus based ROM of CyanAOSP and it gives me number not verified error(then asks to enter my number again instead of verifying it by sending SMS or call verification) on whatsapp. I get that error only with this ROM no matter what ROM I come to this from. Tried flashing the ROM twice, clearing cache dalvik cache, uninstalling, reinstalling whatsapp, deleting data, almost everything. I haven't even installed xposed framework, no modules, nothing. No mod.

I have used this ROM in past and never had any problem.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanAOSP
    All the hard work was done by ts1506, Spam his thanks button! I just ported this amazing ROM to our Cappy!
    As with any ROM, I am not responsible for any bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

This ROM will come in two versions, one will be based on CM10.1, and the other will be based on Supernexus. Both versions will come with the Devil Kernel. I am by no means a developer and I will only update the ROM when and if ts1506 updates the i9000 thread.

Features!

Fast, stable and intended for gamers
    Built from CM10.1 source with GCC 4.6 with O3 optimizations, heavily debloated , almost no 3rd party apps pre-installed
    Version with SuperNexus Source is also available.
    CyanCore Kernel included.
    Additional tweaks ( vary from version to version )
    For those people who love ROMs with lots of themes , customizations , apps etc , please leave now , you will be disappointed , this ROM is not for you.

Known Issues
    For the SuperNexus version, sometimes the background of pop up dialogs are transparent. (FIX: Reboot your phone)

Installation
    Back up the EFS folder.
    Reboot into Recovery
    Wipe data/Factory reset
    Wipe cache
    Advanced -> Wipe dalvik cache
    Mounts and Storage -> format system
    Flash Cyan-AOSP ROM
    Flash Cyan-AOSP Gapps
    Flash Cyancore Kernel
    Reboot.
    First boot may take some time, be patient.
    Set up the ROM and leave it alone for 10-15 mins.
    Reboot again and enjoy.

ts1506 (For Original ROM
    Pawitp (For CM10.1 Base)
    DerTeufel1980 (For Devil Kernel)
    Mortal Eternity (For testing)
    fishears
    Lenarox
    mnazim
    SlimTeam
    DerTeufel1980
    kasper_h
    zeppellinrox
    slaid480
    alberto96
    darkargon
    atomixxx
    If i'm missing anyone, PM me asap!
    No issues noticed with this ROM, it's like light version of CM10.1, very good. :good:

this rom is based on 4.2.2...
    I know. CM 10.1.2 is Android 4.2.2 too.

ahhh! my bad! sorrry! and to get best results use cyan core kernel as it's been optimized for it.