[SAMSUNG/HTC/LG]On-Device ProvXML TOOL[MANGO] - v0.9 - UPDATED WITH INTERNET SHARING

Search This thread

Marvin_S

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2010
Thanks. But i know about the codes. I just made a typo, thats why rename does not work. All others work.

Indeed if 3g does not work, add new APN settings, look them up on your providers webpage.

Reactions: snickler

Marvin_S

Dec 8, 2010
New version is in testing.

It will be posted once its ready and fully tested.

contable

Oct 25, 2009
Here some more informations about the updated version:

1. Copy PDF/Move PDF

Make sure you have installed the Adope Reader on your device.

=> With these functions you can copy/move .pdf files to \My Documents\ folder

You will find the copied/moved files in your Office Hub under locations => phone.

This will give you the following new possibilities by long pressing on the file name:

- send the file as email attachment
- upload the file to SkyDrive
- delete the file from Office Hub (\My Documents folder)

2. Copy/Move files from/to IsoStore

How to use/enable these functions you can read in my initial provxml thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1226030

Cheers

contable

Last edited:
Reactions: poloche

contable

Oct 25, 2009

Marvin_S

Dec 8, 2010
Hi guys,

I have tested the rename file operation... but you have not correct code and this command does't work !

type="\provxml\" ... BAD DIR !! ... correct dir is type="\provxml" ... not the "\" in the end of path ! :)

confer ---> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17157619&postcount=33

ALL feature confirmed NOT working :)

You running the latest version? The trailing \ does not matter. If copy works, move works etc. than the code is valid. Do these commands work for you? Since they use exactly the name structure now.

The reason why Rename did not work is since I typed "Rename" as the action instead of "Move" this is corrected now and this was the reason why it did not work. Not the path.

Last edited:

poloche

Jul 17, 2009
Sorry, i have just show that path have "\" and i have not tested the fileoperation... Now i just have tested and that's work perfectly ;)

Thanks !!

Marvin_S

Dec 8, 2010
Sorry, i have just show that path have "\" and i have not tested the fileoperation... Now i just have tested and that's work perfectly ;)

Thanks !!

No problem. Glad it works!

We have made some good progress today. The app is still the same however we implemented samsung dll's which will do the provisioning (big thanks to snickler for finding this out).
We will now focus on making the app better and adding more features. Ill upload the next version soon (which contains the auto applying of the provxmls).

contable

Oct 25, 2009
Yes, the auto-apply function has been successfully implemented today !
With the upcoming version we don´t have to run the gprs manager anymore for applying the .xml files.

It was a hard day for Marvin_S and me but finally we got it working.

Also from my side a big "Thanks" to snickler who has figured out that !!!

Stay tuned !

contable

poloche

Jul 17, 2009
Very good new to active xml just with the app ;)

We are only 4 in this post... it's a great shame !

Thankx all

contable

Oct 25, 2009
im glad I can be of help. I have some new functionality im going to work on that may be of some more interest. It will be a pretty nice implementation. =)

Thanks again, my friend.

I don´t know how many hours we have spent on this project the last week so we´re very thankful for any kind of support.

The result is that no other device than the OMNIA 7/Focus has such a comfortable provxml solution !

If you find out something else just pm marvin or me.

Reactions: rbrsddn

Marvin_S

Dec 8, 2010
Finally a nice breaktrough!

I managed to get regedits trough provxml working on a Samsung without preinstalling any provxmls on NoDo.

What does this mean? Simple, if you are unlocked and on mango, you can do whatever you want with your phone which is possible trough provxml.

As this hurdle is now out of the way, we can continue to focus on getting everything possible out of provxmls. GoodDayToDie already has some tricks to list the registry trough provxml, this could lead to better registry editor.

Lets hope it works for other here as well.

Link is in the first post

snickler

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
Finally a nice breaktrough!

I managed to get regedits trough provxml working on a Samsung without preinstalling any provxmls on NoDo.

What does this mean? Simple, if you are unlocked and on mango, you can do whatever you want with your phone which is possible trough provxml.

As this hurdle is now out of the way, we can continue to focus on getting everything possible out of provxmls. GoodDayToDie already has some tricks to list the registry trough provxml, this could lead to better registry editor.

Lets hope it works for other here as well.

Link is in the first post

Hell yeah! You rock man. I knew you'd be able to find that trick :).

contable

Oct 25, 2009
I knew that the provxml is the key to "freedom"...

Sad is, that only a few people understood, how important this feature is.
But Hopefully this will change now...

Congrats, Marvin...

Reactions: snickler

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After the discovery of Contable of how to copy ProvXML files in Mango, we decided to make an application which will allow you to make registry edits and ProvXML files on the device.

We continued researching and analysing the provxml behaviour on Samsung Devices. After Snickler came up with a solution of bypassing the GPRS app, I continued investigating using provxml files from outside of the /provxml/ folder, and with some creative string codes I made it work on my device (tested it with reg edits, still need more people to confirm).

We added support for HTC and LG devices, LG is untested so Im not sure if it works, test at your own risk. If it does not work, could somebody explain me how provisioning on LGs works and volunteer as a tester.
    HTC is tested but not very thoroughly, some things might (not) work.

If you have lost 3g connection after using: Go to settings --> cellular --> edit apn and fill in your providers apn. Add APN Manually before use.

Please follow these steps:
    Phone should be fully unlocked: Devunlocked + MaxApps + Prevent Relock!!

Untitled-2.jpgUntitled-1.jpgUntitled-3.jpg

This version has limited LG support!! We are still investigating better support for LG devices. Any help is highly appreciated.

New icons/artwork thanks to MarysFetus!

Here some more informations about the updated version:

1. Copy PDF/Move PDF

Make sure you have installed the Adope Reader on your device.

=> With these functions you can copy/move .pdf files to \My Documents\ folder

You will find the copied/moved files in your Office Hub under locations => phone.

This will give you the following new possibilities by long pressing on the file name:

- send the file as email attachment
    - upload the file to SkyDrive
    - delete the file from Office Hub (\My Documents folder)

2. Copy/Move files from/to IsoStore

1. Download the attached "Ise_GUI_1.1.zip" file

2. Make sure you have the WP SDK 7.1 RC installed on your device, if not install it with the "vm_web2.exe" file from my package

3. Start the Isolated Storage Explorer (Ise_GUI_1.1 file from the package)

4. At the top type in the GUID of the app you want to access the Isolated Storage (e.g.: GUID DiagProvXML app: {566814df-f6b6-4154-8be5-9e65dce907c0})

4a. Press "Get Data" Button

5. Press "Download Data to my computer", create a new folder where the data from your device should be stored and download the data to your desktop

6. Inside the before created folder you will find a "IsolatedStore" folder, browse to this folder and add the files of your choice

7. Press "Upload folder to Isolated Storage", choose the "IsolatedStore" folder where you have added your files and upload them to your device

To add a custom Alert (will overwrite default sounds, so make sure you backup):
    1. Make sure you have a ringtone stored in Iso Storage according to the method above (it needs to be in the iso storage root!).
    2. Select the option Move (from Iso Storage) or Copy (from Iso Storage)
    3. Type the destination path '\Windows\' and the filename should be Alert-XX.wma with XX: 01 - 10

Now you can your own custom alert sound will be available.

We plan to bake in more know registry tweaks and we need your help for this. If you want to have registry tweaks added, please post them in this form so we can directly add them to the app:
    Code:
    LineOne = "Enable 3G Toggle", LineTwo = "Display 3G Toggle in settings", Path = @"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Connectivity\CellularCPL", Name = "DehydrateOnPause", Value = "1", DataType = "integer"

Where LineOne is the title, LineTwo is the subtitle both obligatory. All the others are optional. If they are filled in the user will not be able to edit them. If the user has to select a certain value than do this:
    Code:
    LineOne = "3G Toggle", LineTwo = "Disable or Enable 3G Toggle", Path = @"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Connectivity\CellularCPL", Name = "DehydrateOnPause", Value = "", DataType = "integer"
    Note that value now is empty, this will unlock the value field and the user can add a custom value now (1 to enable, 0 to disable).

A custom key would look like this
    Code:
    LineOne = "Custom", LineTwo = "Add custom key", Path = @"", Name = "", Value = "", DataType = ""
    The user has to fill in all fields now.

So if you would like us to add certain keys, please type them in this form and we can quickly add them.

Thank you for donations:
    rbrsddn confirmation number 0BD5899347870703A
    BigwaveMx confirmation number 8CP346899B634894S

Marvin_S & Contable & Snickler

Update 0.91:
    Added xml to quickly activate internet sharing (currently tested on omnia7 only, might work on other devices)
    You can find it in the tab iso storage "Tap and Hold" Internet Sharing, click "execute" to apply.
    Thanks again for the very good cooperation ! I hope we can extend it step by step...

Best regards, my friend

contable
    For users who don´t know: ...also this thread has a "Thanks button"...

Creating such an app takes a lot of time...
    Another test version: (all file ops "should" work)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16993355/DiagProvXML.xap

I also implemented a mode to edit the added operations (by tap and hold in the provxml tab on one of the entries).

There can be some bugs for sure. I might have fixed some, since this is not the most recent build.

Im now working on saving and loading of provxml's and Ill add some more registry tweaks (changing theme colors/adding notification sounds)

Our goal is to do everything as effortless as possible, so this will come with small steps
    Ok i have edited the line registry ...

Mobile Operator :

Code:
    LineOne = "Mobile Operator", LineTwo = "Change Mobile Operator", Path = @"HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo", Name = "MobileOperator", Value = "", DataType = "string"

OEM Name :

Code:
    LineOne = "OEM Name", LineTwo = "Change OEM Name", Path = @"HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo", Name = "OemName", Value = "", DataType = "string"

Background Color Theme Dark (1) :

Code:
    LineOne = "Background Color-key1 (Dark)", LineTwo = "Change BaseThemeColor", Path = @"HKLM\ControlPanel\Themes\1", Name = "BaseThemeColor", Value = "", DataType = "string"

LineOne = "Background Color-key2 (Dark)", LineTwo = "Change PageBackgroundColor", Path = @"HKLM\ControlPanel\Themes\1", Name = "PageBackgroundColor", Value = "", DataType = "string"

LineOne = "Background Color-key3 (Dark)", LineTwo = "Change SysTrayBackgroundColor", Path = @"HKLM\ControlPanel\Themes\1", Name = "SysTrayBackgroundColor", Value = "", DataType = "string"

LineOne = "Background Color-key4 (Dark)", LineTwo = "Change TextHighContrast", Path = @"HKLM\ControlPanel\Themes\1", Name = "TextHighContrast", Value = "", DataType = "string"

LineOne = "Background Color-key5 (Dark)", LineTwo = "Change TextBackGround", Path = @"HKLM\ControlPanel\Themes\1", Name = "TextBackGround", Value = "", DataType = "string"

Text Color Theme Dark (1) :

Code:
    LineOne = "Text Color-key1 (Dark)", LineTwo = "Change ContrastColor", Path = @"HKLM\ControlPanel\Themes\1", Name = "ContrastColor", Value = "", DataType = "string"

LineOne = "Text Color-key2 (Dark)", LineTwo = "Change ListPickerBackgroundPressed", Path = @"HKLM\ControlPanel\Themes\1", Name = "ListPickerBackgroundPressed", Value = "", DataType = "string"

LineOne = "Text Color-key3 (Dark)", LineTwo = "Change TextNeutralColor", Path = @"HKLM\ControlPanel\Themes\1", Name = "TextNeutralColor", Value = "", DataType = "string"

Background Color Theme Light (0) :

Code:
    LineOne = "Background Color-key1 (Light)", LineTwo = "Change BaseThemeColor", Path = @"HKLM\ControlPanel\Themes\0", Name = "BaseThemeColor", Value = "", DataType = "string"

LineOne = "Background Color-key2 (Light)", LineTwo = "Change PageBackgroundColor", Path = @"HKLM\ControlPanel\Themes\0", Name = "PageBackgroundColor", Value = "", DataType = "string"

LineOne = "Background Color-key3 (Light)", LineTwo = "Change SysTrayBackgroundColor", Path = @"HKLM\ControlPanel\Themes\0", Name = "SysTrayBackgroundColor", Value = "", DataType = "string"

LineOne = "Background Color-key4 (Light)", LineTwo = "Change TextHighContrast", Path = @"HKLM\ControlPanel\Themes\0", Name = "TextHighContrast", Value = "", DataType = "string"

LineOne = "Background Color-key5 (Light)", LineTwo = "Change TextBackGround", Path = @"HKLM\ControlPanel\Themes\0", Name = "TextBackGround", Value = "", DataType = "string"

Text Color Theme Light (0) :

Code:
    LineOne = "Text Color-key1 (Light)", LineTwo = "Change ContrastColor", Path = @"HKLM\ControlPanel\Themes\0", Name = "ContrastColor", Value = "", DataType = "string"

LineOne = "Text Color-key2 (Light)", LineTwo = "Change ListPickerBackgroundPressed", Path = @"HKLM\ControlPanel\Themes\0", Name = "ListPickerBackgroundPressed", Value = "", DataType = "string"

LineOne = "Text Color-key3 (Light)", LineTwo = "Change TextNeutralColor", Path = @"HKLM\ControlPanel\Themes\0", Name = "TextNeutralColor", Value = "", DataType = "string"

It's OK ? :D