Any Good Anime Suggestions??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AAccount

Sep 8, 2010
Hi there.

For those who don't know who I am, I'm from the galaxy tab 1 10.1 section. I mean the original galaxy tab 10.1, the tegra 2 one. I managed to get android 4.3 (cm10.2) and android 4.4 (omni 4.4) working on the device after cyanogenmod discontinued it. I really don't agree with their decision that "no neon" = sh*t device but that's another discussion for another off topic thread.

Despite the fact that I am a university student, I still like to watch cartoons. However, I have to say the new batch of cartoons coming from Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network are sh*t. I'm talking about titles like "bread winners", "sanjay and craig", "regular show", "world of gumball" etc which appear to feature mentally challenged characters committing acts of stupidity for stupidity's sake. Please don't bash my off topic thread if you like these shows. That debate is also another topic for another off topic thread. I have nothing against you or your taste, but for my entertainment tastes, these shows won't cut it for me.

I stumbled across a website that featured random recent cartoon suggestions. Of those, I saw 3 recent-ish anime suggestions. I thought they were pretty decent. Unfortunately, they also tend to recommend some of the titles I mentioned above. It's really a random selection that I don't think is based on any ratings chart. The first series I saw was Death Note. I really liked that one. It was very exciting with so many twists and turns that you just couldn't put it down that easily. In between I caught Infinite Stratos. While there was a bit too much "butts and breasts" for my taste I thought the story was decent enough. The fighting was nice and the characters for for the most part likeable. Lastly I saw Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. It thought it such a sweet story that left you with a nice warm and fuzzy feeling. I also thought the characters were fairly likeable.

If you guys know anything like those 3 I'd really like suggestions for what else I should watch in my spare time. Preferably dubs over subs but I don't mind a bit of quick reading if it's a good show. Feel free to critique each others's suggestions too. There's only so much I can get out of a quick wikipedia summary.

Thank you in advanced for your suggestions to keep me from getting bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.