Review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver headphones w/lots of pics!!!

Search This thread

d.casper.b

Jan 7, 2009
Cape Town
Xiaomi Poco F1
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s

How are these holding up? Still working well and no signs of "falling apart"?

I recently received a pair of UE700 from eBay, but the left earphone was much lower in volume than the right.. I received a refund, and have not been asked to return them (although I am waiting on a response from eBay to hear if they must be returned - in which case I will do so). I was hoping to see if I can't get them repaired at my own expense. But I do stay far away (and I won't be able to get them repaired in my country) and the cost (if they will even consider helping me) will probably make it not worth it at all (shipping it off..blah, blah, blah). So the UE700's are out of the picture. Can't find any good deals at the moment either.

My brother has the Triple.Fi 10's and they are quite awesome, but I like the UE900s more. I can get a used pair from Amazon for like $200 (still expensive, but possible), but I'm just not sure. I've read awful stories on the UE900 and it didn't sound like the UE900s faired very much better.

What can you tell me, is your experience still all good. Sound isn't an issue as they will be an upgrade for me none-the-less.

vectron

Apr 23, 2011

I recently received a pair of UE700 from eBay, but the left earphone was much lower in volume than the right.. I received a refund, and have not been asked to return them (although I am waiting on a response from eBay to hear if they must be returned - in which case I will do so). I was hoping to see if I can't get them repaired at my own expense. But I do stay far away (and I won't be able to get them repaired in my country) and the cost (if they will even consider helping me) will probably make it not worth it at all (shipping it off..blah, blah, blah). So the UE700's are out of the picture. Can't find any good deals at the moment either.

My brother has the Triple.Fi 10's and they are quite awesome, but I like the UE900s more. I can get a used pair from Amazon for like $200 (still expensive, but possible), but I'm just not sure. I've read awful stories on the UE900 and it didn't sound like the UE900s faired very much better.

What can you tell me, is your experience still all good. Sound isn't an issue as they will be an upgrade for me none-the-less.

The problem with UE900 was due to their early production batch with non-gold plated connectors that were loosing a contact. They fixed it later with gold plated connector. I have no other complaints, these are solid performers, though I moved on to other IEMs. Actually my favorite ones right now are A83 hybrids and CKR10 dual-dynamics.

Reactions: d.casper.b

d.casper.b

Jan 7, 2009
Cape Town
Xiaomi Poco F1
Well, I ended up getting the Dunu DN-1000 as well as the Dunu DN-2000 earphones.
Both very good. DN-2000 is a good improvement. The fit is a little funny, but you can play around with the different tips and spacers (and the fins) to get a good fit. Once you've got that you're golden.
Think I'm done with Ultimate Ears now.

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Well, I ended up getting the Dunu DN-1000 as well as the Dunu DN-2000 earphones.
Both very good. DN-2000 is a good improvement. The fit is a little funny, but you can play around with the different tips and spacers (and the fins) to get a good fit. Once you've got that you're golden.

Good choice! Those are excellent 3-way hybrids with a nice bass and bright/analytical upper mids/treble. Btw, DUNU is about ready to introduce DN-2000J version. It's going to be smaller and more compact in comparison to DN-2k. Not sure about sound sig, but I assume it will be tuned the same.

Reactions: d.casper.b

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The problem with UE900 was due to their early production batch with non-gold plated connectors that were loosing a contact. They fixed it later with gold plated connector. I have no other complaints, these are solid performers, though I moved on to other IEMs. Actually my favorite ones right now are A83 hybrids and CKR10 dual-dynamics.

Good choice! Those are excellent 3-way hybrids with a nice bass and bright/analytical upper mids/treble. Btw, DUNU is about ready to introduce DN-2000J version. It's going to be smaller and more compact in comparison to DN-2k. Not sure about sound sig, but I assume it will be tuned the same.