[ROM] Foxstar v1.4.0 | 2.3.6 | WiFi Calling |Speed | Battery | Customization |03/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

marcos600rr

Aug 13, 2011
san juan
Please report usage reviews and any bugs. I'd really appreciate the feedback

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Only thing noticing is that performance decrese after 1 or 2 days of using it after that everything is working great
Edit.. In call volume using speaker phone is poor compare to others

daring_guy

Please report usage reviews and any bugs. I'd really appreciate the feedback

I flashed this ROM after trying and playing with a bunch of other ones for the past 4 months or so...love the speed and stability of this one.

However, it for some reason does not find my music files stored on the ext sdcard. It comes back saying No Sd card found. I have tried a couple of different music players. Even my custom ringtone is not showing up in the sound settings screen. I know the card is in place since I can see the music files using a file manager and can even play them individually from there...beats me!

Any suggestions? This question may be already asked and answered in this thread... I am doing this from my phone and did not spend enough time researching :-(

Thanks and keep up the good work!

titaneds73

Sep 22, 2011
yakima
first off this rom is great ,as for the music my phone is picking up all my music files from external and internal.,i did d/l to my computer and then to my phone dont know if that makes a difference,
the only thing i did see is that i cant sync my fb contacts to my phone contacts .when enabling animod it did work after initial reboot but after othere reboots reverted back to stock.tried installing wifi tether from addons, it worked but had to reboot to turn tether off.other than that works fast and speed amazing thank you for your work,
p.s. modded the battery to honeycomb and the wifi and signal bars as well so kitchen works great .

daring_guy

I flashed this ROM after trying and playing with a bunch of other ones for the past 4 months or so...love the speed and stability of this one.

However, it for some reason does not find my music files stored on the ext sdcard. It comes back saying No Sd card found. I have tried a couple of different music players. Even my custom ringtone is not showing up in the sound settings screen. I know the card is in place since I can see the music files using a file manager and can even play them individually from there...beats me!

Any suggestions? This question may be already asked and answered in this thread... I am doing this from my phone and did not spend enough time researching :-(

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Wiped and flashed the ROM again and it fixed the problem ... life is good now :)

starskyrob

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 5, 2011
the internet
first off this rom is great ,as for the music my phone is picking up all my music files from external and internal.,i did d/l to my computer and then to my phone dont know if that makes a difference,
the only thing i did see is that i cant sync my fb contacts to my phone contacts .when enabling animod it did work after initial reboot but after othere reboots reverted back to stock.tried installing wifi tether from addons, it worked but had to reboot to turn tether off.other than that works fast and speed amazing thank you for your work,
p.s. modded the battery to honeycomb and the wifi and signal bars as well so kitchen works great .

I'm gonna work on that Facebook sync issue.. Actually I already know the problem lol

Postraumatik

Sep 6, 2010
Los Angeles
This ROM is quick and the has given me the best battery life out of all the other ROMs so far, however, when I play music, i can hear the beats audio working but then when i lock the phone, the sound immediately goes down.

is anyone else noticing this or should i re-flash?

Wolf Haley

Dec 5, 2011
Los Angeles
Damn if this were to have WiFi Calling and SMS over WiFi I'd use this as my daily, but sadly i need it when I'm working >_<

Good job on it though I love it!

starskyrob

Feb 5, 2011
the internet
this wifi calling thing seems uber important to everyone.

im starting a poll in the thread.

wifi calling will necessitate me rebuilding this from scratch.
i'm totally willing to do this if it is deemed important by the majority of the community. however please realize this might take me a week or so of thorough recoding in some of these tweaks [toggles, framework edits, animation speeds].

so i leave it up to you guys. community based rom gets community decision-making. :] please vote.

also, do me a favor and spread the word about this rom. its sort of hidden under juggs and macnut lol

ozzie1p

Jun 17, 2010
Anyone know how to change the default home screen? I've been trying to edit the default.prop and some other tricks but can't seem to get it done. Thanks

Micronads

Oct 4, 2010
Kansas City
I like having it, helps out allot at home for me. Still a great ROM. Thanks for asking for input towards your ROM.

bigimac78

Apr 29, 2011
This is a little premature for me but I cant wait to try your rom out brozilla. I get my new phone later this week and this will be the 1st choice for me. Im coming from the epic 4g so its nice to see a familiar dev here. I would like to vote for an ICS theme also as I'm going to miss my cm9 goodness.

Reactions: starskyrob

titaneds73

Sep 22, 2011
yakima
This ROM is quick and the has given me the best battery life out of all the other ROMs so far, however, when I play music, i can hear the beats audio working but then when i lock the phone, the sound immediately goes down.

is anyone else noticing this or should i re-flash?

i tried this out with the music and sound seems to be the same when locked and unlocked.

starskyrob

Feb 5, 2011
the internet
This is a little premature for me but I cant wait to try your rom out brozilla. I get my new phone later this week and this will be the 1st choice for me. Im coming from the epic 4g so its nice to see a familiar dev here. I would like to vote for an ICS theme also as I'm going to miss my cm9 goodness.

Welcome to GS2 Tmobile goodness dude. Nice to see some epic converts here :). You're going to love this phone.

bigimac78

Apr 29, 2011
Welcome to GS2 Tmobile goodness dude. Nice to see some epic converts here . You're going to love this phone.

Yeah I'm sure I will once I get it in my hands I wont miss my epic so much lol..That bad boy was bullet proof and such a great community of developers. I'm still feeling my way around here but I'm sure I will make myself at home once I can get to flashing. I am looking forward to the devs here getting there hands on some ICS goodness as these phones should handle it nicely.
TTYL and keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    33vdu36.png

◙ Based on UVKL1 2.3.6 **NEW**
    ◙ Wifi Calling **NEW**
    ◙ Super Fast Animations
    ◙ Smooth Scrolling
    ◙ Modified Version of Anim Mod
    -Customize what transition animations you want
    -Modded so that "Stock Android" Option will not flash Stock Android, but Foxstar's default animations [which are sped up] !
    - Modded to match color scheme
    ◙ Rooted
    ◙ Bravia Engine
    ◙ BEATS + XLOUD AUDIO ** NEW **
    ◙ Zipaligned on boot
    ◙ Extended Power Menu
    ◙ 16 Customizable Notification Toggles
    ◙ 1% Battery Mod
    ◙ Debloated [bloater app included to rebloat if you choose]
    ◙ Very minimally themed
    ◙ build.prop tweaks
    ◙ Synergy Kernel [BLN,OTG,OC/UV,Autogrouping]
    ◙ bootanimation.zip support
    ◙ CRT-OFF Animation
    ◙ Int'l GS2 Shutdown Animation
    ◙ init.d tweaks
    ◙ Bloater.apk included to rebloat [if you so choose]
    ◙ System Tuner To Adjust Voltages / Overclock
    ◙ Wifi + Wired Tether apps!

Download:
    Foxstar 1.4.0 RC 1

updated 3/11

Previous Versions:
    Foxstar 1.3.2

Foxstar 1.3.1

Foxstar Beta v1.0.2 02/12/2012

1.0.2 Icon Hotfix

Foxstar Beta v 1.0.0

This Rom is Available Through ROM Manager. With Rom Manager Premium You Will Recieve OTA Updates!

I am a very very very community oriented developer. My work is always oriented towards community suggestions, ideas and testing. Please leave your ideas and comments here!

I RECOMMEND USING THE LAGFREE GOVERNOR

Installation Instructions:
    A)
    Download To SD Card
    Boot into CWM Recovery
    Install zip from SD Card!
    Choose this Zip.
    Wait a minute or so.
    Reboot.

or
    B)
    Use Rom Manager.

TODO List:
    Swipe to dismiss notifications
    Your suggestions

Changelog:

03/11/2012 - Rebuilt from KL1 .tar from the ground up. Wifi Calling now works. Android Version 2.3.6. Animations sped up more. Delicious update was delicious.

03/07/2012 - Added Beats+Xloud Audio. Fixed Bravia. Updated Market to Google Play Store.

03/02/2012 - Removed DSP. WifiTether and Wired located @ /sdcards/FOXSTAR ADDONS.

03/01/2012 - Modded AnimMOD, Removed AT&T Contacts, System Tuner Added, System Apps Updated to latest version, WifiTether and WiredTether Added, Minor Framework Edits

02/12/2012 - Extended Power Menu, Boot Animation Change, UI Tweaks, Easter Egg Added, Default Wallpaper Change, Default Lockscreen Wallpaper Change, Rom Manager OTA Compatability.

For Updates on Progress :

Thanks to:
    , MrX, Samsung, lidroid, G1ForFun, syngergeticink Cyanogenmod and you...the community.

Special thanks:
    To all who have donated, I am truly thankful. I never expect, or ask for donations, but man is it flattering to recieve one. I do this because I love to, and to be recognized in such a generous way is truly amazing. thank you.

Note:
    I don't require or expect donations, but if you do choose to donate, know that it is very appreciated and will go to caffeine, hardware, and more caffeine. thank you!
    foxstar is skipping 2.0
    sorry.

we're also skipping 3.0 in honor of the late honeycomb.

however a very early build of 4.0 is in the works.

ice cream is delishuz.
    Just an update for those who aren't following me on twitter.

Foxstar has switched goals, and priorities. I'll now be working on a fully functional , performanxe oriented, vanilla AOSP build for the t989. While this is my goal, it is a huge undertaking on my part as this will be my first true AOSP build from scratch. I've got some preliminary things set up, my new build environment is set up, and despite a complete lack of efficient hardware, I've begun work on this.

Please be patient with me on this. With my ancient hardware at home, each build takes hours to compile, meaning each error takes literally hours to test, debug and fix .

I hope you see this change as good news, and I look forward to the future of this ROM and this community

Please no ETAs. I'm a one man team who works Crazy hours. It'll be ready as soon as it can be, and not until it's bugfree