northmendo

Dec 4, 2007
California
i have the following phones at my disposal:

T-mobile G2 (HTC Desire Z PC10100)
Rooted CM7

T-mobile G2X (LG Optimus 2X P999)
Rooted

Verizon Xperia Play (Sony Ericsson Zeus R800i)
Stock

T-mobile G1 (HTC Dream DREA100)
Rooted CM6

T-mobile MyTouch 4G (HTC Glacier PD15100)
Rooted CM7

T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide (HTC Espresso)
Latest Stock

how can i help, i am willing to unroot devices if necessary (im just hoping there's a big chance that they will be easily rootable after :D )

I will take you up on that for sure. I am going to fix the Galaxy Nexus. Then lets see about adding one of your other phones.

acetkbez

Apr 3, 2011
Boulder
Nice work! I had actually made my own automated script for mac for the OS X terminal to root my nexus but I reformatted my computer and never got around to making a new one:D Good to see someone making it easier for people here!

5noc

Aug 3, 2010
Before leaving, I've noticed that the recovery that downloads it's the LTE version though I flashed it in a GSM phone and everything seems OK but in a future you may want to do some kind of menu from where the user can select if the phone it's GSM or LTE so it can download the correct recovery.

Last edited:

northmendo

Dec 4, 2007
California
Before leaving, I've noticed that the recovery that downloads it's the CDMA version though I flashed it in a GSM phone and everything seems OK but in a future you may want to do some kind of menu from where the user can select if the phone it's GSM or CDMA so it can download the correct recovery.

Will do. Thanks

saniol

Apr 30, 2011
Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE

I'd like to try this on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE. Should I just give it a try?

AnyMal

Apr 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I can not see a download link in your page. Maybe it's because I am on public network (Sbux) but I will give it a whirl when I get home. I have a Note N7000 that recently lost root due to OTA update. I still have SU app installed, should I remove it first?

Edit: Suggestion to OP - ask people to post firmware builts and kernel versions along with success/fail results. Many latest kernels are not directly rootable and require a downgrade. A full list is available in Dr. Ketan's post in Note development forum.

Last edited:

northmendo

Dec 4, 2007
California
I can not see a download link in your page. Maybe it's because I am on public network (Sbux) but I will give it a whirl when I get home. I have a Note N7000 that recently lost root due to OTA update. I still have SU app installed, should I remove it first?

Edit: Suggestion to OP - ask people to post firmware builts and kernel versions along with success/fail results. Many latest kernels are not directly rootable and require a downgrade. A full list is available in Dr. Ketan's post in Note development forum.

The link its there. I made the link stand out more. Let me know if there are any problems.

northmendo

Dec 4, 2007
California
No dice on Note with LA2 kernel. I was 99% sure it won't work but wanted to try anyway :D People should check this thread to see if their Note kernel is rootable.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1424997

So no dice on the note. I will see if there is anything I can do about it. I am going to try and add more devices tomorrow night. If anyone can test please let me know. I can only add devices people are willing to test.

Basically if you will test I will try to add your device.

bonefan03

Jun 30, 2010
post in the note forums

I went ahead and posted this in the AT&T Galaxy NOte forums, hopefully we'll have some more testers.

Reactions: iquanyin

Ceasare

Dec 17, 2010
Fort Worth
Just for clarity, was this written for the international note or the AT&T version

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

nystreak

Nov 28, 2011
Vestal, NY
I tried this on my att note, but i dont think it worked. It ran through the scripts and put superuser on my phone. When i checked for root access with the Root Checker app it said the phone wasnt rooted. I also installed setcpu and it said it was not granted access. Superuser did not ask if i wanted to allow it either. On the bright side nothing happened to my phone either. Anyone else try on an att note?

northmendo

Dec 4, 2007
California
I tried this on my att note, but i dont think it worked. It ran through the scripts and put superuser on my phone. When i checked for root access with the Root Checker app it said the phone wasnt rooted. I also installed setcpu and it said it was not granted access. Superuser did not ask if i wanted to allow it either. On the bright side nothing happened to my phone either. Anyone else try on an att note?

Yeah from what I understand some versions are not rootable yet.

D

DinoSoup

Failed to install Android SDK on mine, this is the error:

sh: /Volumes/BreakDroid/BreakDroid/.files/update_sdk.sh: No such file or directory

Anything to fix?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please do not hot link to my download. Link to the post and please don't use my work without asking.

Version 0.6.7 is up for download (no new root options)

Added general android tools:

Rebooting the device

Rebooting in to Recovery

Backing up your photos to your Mac

Fixing File permissions

Version 0.6.5 is available at the website.

- Updated the Recovery to TWRP 2.2.2.1 for the Kindle Fire

Version 0.6.4 changes

- Changed Kindle Fire recovery to TWRP.

- Updated Kindle Fire bootloader to FireFireFire 1.4a

- Added Kindle Fire recovery and bootloader updater for user who just want to update to the latest versions.

BreakDroid is a work in progress. My goal is to make a tool for Mac users that will root several different android phones and tablets as well as install the android sdk (adb).

It is very important to note that I only made the tools to automate these processes. All the developers of the root exploits and recoveries are listed below.

Current supported Devices-
    Kindle Fire - Tested Version 6.2.2., 6.3 & 6.3.1
    Galaxy Nexus - Seems to work. Tested with version 0.4.2+
    Galaxy Note - Needs more testers - Will only work on some notes.
    Droid Razr - Should also work on other Droid branded phones

All phones that can be rooted by GingerBreak
    All phones that can be rooted by psneuter
    All phones that can be rooted by zergRush - has been tested and works on many devices. vCheck the comments on the download page.

The Website

Screenshot
    BreakDroid.png

Credits -
    This app and all the scripts were made by @northmendo

jcase was great support for questions and he is the reason we have root on the Kindle Fire thanks to burritoroot.

-Doomlord on xda built the Kindle Fire recovery.

Dan Rosenberg for the motofail exploit - @djrbliss

Revolutionary Team for zergRush http://revolutionary.io/

I think credit for psneuter goes to scotty2

c-skills for GingerBreak

Pokey9000 for fbmode - used to root Kindle Fire 6.3

Bootloader Credits go to
    - Pokey9000: For the original build. Hard to dev at all w/o a way of getting to recovery.
    - eldarerathis: Menu code was used from the Extended FIREFIREFIRE github
    - Icemank121: All splash/menu screens
    - Hashcode: For this build

There is a list of devices that can be rooted by zergRush in the ReadMe

If this helped you please hit the thanks button
    Thanks so much! I am going to install on my ATT note ASAP. Is there a noob step by step install guide?
    Thanks!

Not needed. Just open the app from the disk image and follow the instructions. Let me know if it works for you.
    i wanna im just worried about damaging the a i just bought it

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

just wnna let you know i cant download 0.3 version of BreakDroid

The download is fixed, thanks for the heads up.

I'm almost positive it can't ruin your device. I ran the Galaxy note app on a different phone about 10 times yesterday to see if it would work with no adverse effects. I can't guarantee anything but I'm pretty sure you'll be okay.
    Gonna test it on a GSM Galaxy Nexus :D

--- edit ---

Done, everything works fine except one thing.

Install Android SDK installs the Android SDK in /home/ folder OK
    Galaxy Nexus Tools starts OK
    X Unlock Galaxy Nexus gives these errors before halting:
    /Volumes/BreakDroid/.files/galaxynexus/unlock.sh: line 16: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
    /Volumes/BreakDroid/.files/galaxynexus/unlock.sh: line 24: syntax error: unexpected end of file
    Done that manually to test the other options.

Install recovery downloads and installs 5.5.0.4 recovery just fine and reboots to it right away.
    Install root files does what it says, easy and painless.

And... I think that's all, I think it's kinda anoying that everytime you perform one of the steps a new browser window opens with the Paypal donation site, you may want to do that only when quitting the script or something.

Just my 2 cents. I've followed you on Twitter (@migatohacemiau), send me a PM if you need more testing on the bootloader issue :)
    post in the note forums

I went ahead and posted this in the AT&T Galaxy NOte forums, hopefully we'll have some more testers.