[HOWTO MAY16]UNLOCK BOOTLOADER, FLASH RECOVERY, INSTALL ROM Atrix 4G Bell/int'l + ATT

Search This thread

damt86

Mar 28, 2011
Hello everyone, I have a Bell atrix, which until yesterday was running stock Froyo from the box.
I updated to gingerbread, and then ran this one click root:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1255548&highlight=bell

Afterwards, I installed Titanium backup, backed up all my system and app data.
I also downloaded rom manager, but was not able to flash Clockwork Touch Mod, I think because I hadn't unlocked the bootloader.
I proceeded to unlock the bootloader using the procedure listed in this thread.

At the end I forgot to delete the install_recovery.sh file.

I restored my phone using titanium backup, and flashed clockwork touch, it wasn't until I tried to backup my rom in Rom manager that I realized I forgot to delete the .sh file.

I have two questions:
1. will renaming or deleting the .sh file in system/etc and etc/ using RootExplorer solve my problem with backing up my rom and using clockworkmod/rommanager?

2. Since I updated to gingerbread, rooted, and unlocked bootloader, my phone has been super slow and laggy. Apps are closing on their own when I go to my homescreen like my browser or music player. It seems like my RAM is 80% in use even when nothing is open/running, so I think they may be getting closed to free up ram?
Also my lock screen which I can disable using elixir is enabling on its own randomly.
When I restored using titanium backup, my lock screen woudlnt' accept fingerprint input, and I had to go into /data/data/com.motorola.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db and delete lock_timer lock_fingerprint and lock_type according to a fix posted on xda.

Does anyone know why my phone is so slow and laggy? Will changing the install_recover.sh, backing up with clockwork, and flashing a new rom with rom manager solve my problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I found out I just needed to allow myself read/write permissions in Rom Manager to delete the file.
And I found the thread about using a Faux kernel to fix the ram issues for INTL atrix's which have been unlocked using pudding.
But now when I try to backup using rom manager, it gives me the exclamationmakr android guy. I deleted install_recovery.sh in both system/etc and etc/

Help!

jstrayy

Mar 5, 2011
unlocked bootloader and several different roms later... att atrix keeps rebooting

Hello, I got a warranty replacement atrix. Unlocked it using the step by step, flashed cwm, and flashed nottachtrix first. I then realized that my phone would restart itself at different times and I kept wiping to see if maybe that was it but nothing. So I moved on to about 3 different Roms and finally I'm running 2.3.6 stock deodexed and rooted and the same thing keeps happening. Should I relock and ask for a replacement? I can't finger the cause of this issue :(

BigRed06

Nov 23, 2007
Atlanta
I'm in need of some assistance with my Atrix4g. I've successfully rooted and Unlocked the BL however i'm unable to get any ROMS (Including this one) to work on the device other then the FruitCake 234-sb-release. All other ROMS will not go past the Boot screen. I've read every thread in this forum it seems and there is no other reports of this that i've found. I have CWM 4.0 and even the backup that I created will not run. It remains in a boot loop. Any assistance that can be provided would be great.

zcucurullo

Apr 14, 2009
Santo Domingo
Hi, i have a bell mobility atrix, the phone is carrier unlocked by code. Do i need to follow all this steps or do i have to skip some since my phone is already carrier unlocked.

rocket420

Feb 26, 2010
Thank you very much

I was looking for clarified instructions on how to for bell atrix...... you smplified everything. also i did have trouble with recovery after as to it was stuck at the android guy. but renamed the files and am using rom manager cwm recovery i think that's the same you refer to in the instructions.

Hi all,

Due to confusion and scared people I have decided to post simple instructions on how to unlock the bootloader on GB 2.3.4. I just received my Bell Atrix 4G, unlocked it for rogers and then rooted and unlocked the bootloader. I was confused by the pudding instructions, so I decided to recreate them In my own wording.

I take no responsibility for anything that happens to your phone or your heart stopping while you wait for your phone to reboot or if it is stuck on moto screen etc...

Credit for original tutorials go to the2dcour, romracer, Nottach, Faux123 and the others for all of their hard work.

Requirements:

1.Create a folder on your desktop named motounlock

2.Go here: xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1136261

Scroll down to where it says "RSDLite/Windows Drivers/Sbf_flash"

UPDATE: Download RSDLite from here : http://www.multiupload.com/T6NOEBKKLO . If you need x64 bit Drivers use the other link. thanks AnguishedEnd!

download the first two files for windows (RSDLite 5.5 link, x64 Windows drivers)

download the third file for linux/mac

3.Scroll until you see the big word "Unlock"

where it says "Unlocker only SBFs" download the second file UNLESS you are on ATT.

4. Scroll down to the word "Root" and download 'Fastboot' for your OS

5.unzip all of the files you just downloaded into the motounlock folder on your desktop

6. open the folder, install RSDLite, and afterwards install the Drivers.

Then follow these instructions

1. Power Down your atrix
  2. Take out your microSD card and SIM card for the flashing process
  3. While turning the phone on, hold the Volume Up button until it acknowledges RSD. Your device will say “Starting RSD protocol support”
  4. Run “RSD Lite” on your computer
  5. Press the “. . .” button next to the box labeled “Filename”
  6. Navigate to your desktop and open the motounlock folder and select the file named intl-fix-try1.sbf ( IT WILL BE DIFFERENT IF U ARE DOING THIS FOR ATT)
  7. Plug your device into your computer. RSD Lite should recognize your device and say “Model: NS Flash Olympus” and “Connected…” The acronym 'NS' may be different for your device people!!
  8. Press the “Start” button. The Flash actually failed for me, wait for it to complete to 100% it may FAIL or PASS! just make sure it gets to 100% leave your phone sitting for about 10 minutes AFTER RSD SAYS FAIL/SUCCESS.
  9. If nothing is happening after 10mins, perform a battery pull. Power the phone on while pressing vol-down. “Fastboot” Will show up on screen. DONT PLUG IT IN YET. Press volume up and let your phone sit. You will see “Starting Fastboot protocol support" LEAVE IT UNPLUGGED

10. press the windows key + R on your computer, type cmd and press enter
  11. command prompt will open. type cd C:\users\YOURNAME\desktop\motounlock press 'enter'
  12. Plug your device back into usb now
  13. back in your command prompt window type "fastboot oem unlock" no quotes

14. You will now receive a warning along with a unique device ID
  15. Type the following commands using your unique device ID (the numbers in the command prompt) in place of the ####
    • fastboot oem unlock ####
    • fastboot reboot
  16. your moto will reboot. UNLCOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proper Recovery:

1. After your bootloader unlocked go to this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1204500

2. Scroll down to where it says "ALL USERS" and download your favourite colour. (NOT THE ZIP VERSION) Place it in the motounlock folder that you have on your desktop.

3. Press the windows key + R on your computer, type cmd and press enter

4. A Command prompt will open. type cd C:\users\YOURNAME\desktop\motounlock press 'enter'

5. type "fastboot devices" Press Enter.
5b. type "fastboot erase recovery" Press Enter.
5c. type "fastboot flash recovery recovery-atrix5.img" Press Enter.

Wait for the command prompt to say : "writing 'recovery'... OKAY ['The amount of seconds it took here']"

5d.type "fastboot reboot"

DO NOT FORGET TO DO THIS PART: After the install of RomRacers recovery boot up your phone. Open up your favourite file browser (I used Astro file manager to do this ) and navigate to /system/etc/ and delete the file called 'install-recovery.sh'

You will be set 100% !

Installing a custom ROM (Any custom rom will work as long as it has unified kernel/Faux Kernel)
I will be using Nottach's Darkside ROM as an example, because Cyanogenmod does not have features included with original moto rom (this one is way more NOOB friendly) But this is COMMON PROCEDURE for almost every rom so be sure to follow this for whatever ROM you want to use.

1. Go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1222108

2. Scroll down to where it says 'DOWNLOADS' and download the most current version.

3. When it is finished downloading you will have a ZIP file named something like "TheDarkSidev2.8.0-Wipe.zip"

4. Plug your phone in to your computer and transfer that file to your INTERNAL MEMORY.

5. MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE HAS DECENT CHARGE! I would say at least 50 percent. 70+ is recommended, I have done it with 40 + though.

6. Power Down your Phone.

7. Hold The POWER Button + VOL DOWN. DONT PRESS VOLUME UP WHEN YOU SEE FASTBOOT! Instead...

8. After fastboot shows up click volume down until " Android Recovery " shows up, about 7 down clicks. THEN press volume up.

***FIRST TIME ROM FLASHERS ONLY!!!!!!***
WE ARE GOING TO BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL ROM SO THAT IF YOU EVER DERP YOU WIL ALLWAYS HAVE A SOLID BACKUP
Press VOLUME DOWN and go to backup and restore. Press the POWER BUTTON
Press the POWER button on backup
Select where you want to put your backup (internal or external memory)
Backup INCLUDING WEBTOP! (if you ever think you will use it)
Wait for it to finish.
10. Ok now that you are in android recovery you have to do a few things before flash.
a. Scroll down to "wipe data/factory reset" PRESS POWER. say yes to EVERYTHING until it goes back to the main screen.
b. scroll down to "wipe cache partition" PRESS POWER. say YES. Wait for return to main menu
c. Scroll down to"advanced", click "wipe dalvik cache" Go back to "advanced", "wipe battery stats

11. At the main menu, Scroll to "install Zip from SDcard" Press POWER.
12.scroll down to "choose zip from internal sdcard"
13. select the ZIP file that you saved to your INTERNAL memory. If you're using darkside the file name is "TheDarkSidev2.8.0-Wipe.zip"
14. Scroll down to "YES - install TheDarkSidev2.8.0-Wipe.zip" Press POWER
15. Let your phone work its magic!
16. When it is finished installing, you will be returned to the recovery main menu.
17. click "reboot system now"
18. Let it boot! This can take anywhere from 10 seconds to 5+ MINUTES! if you dont see it move from the "unlocked" screen after 10 minutes Perform a battery pull and power on again. If it hangs then all you have to do is go into recvoery click "backup and restore" and restore your original ROM. Or like me, have one of every kind of ROM on your storage in case I feel the need to change it on the go! :p

19. YOUR PHONE HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY TURNED INTO A FULLY OPEN DROID :) Pat yourself on the back and have a drink to your accomplishments . We on XDA knew you could do it!

Some solutions to issues:

As ar31791 said,

Anyone having issues not being able to boot into CWM recovery after flashing it (such as seeing android guy with exclamation mark):

Delete or rename /system/etc/install-recovery.sh AND /etc/install-recovery.sh I renamed mine to bkup.install-recovery.sh in case i ever wanted to use them again for some reason.

/etc/install-recovery.sh will automatically be placed in /system/etc if /system/etc/install-recovery.sh is not found on boot.
So, you must delete or rename both, THEN INSTALL CWM recovery.

rename the files using ROM Toolbox's root explorer as some file explorers will not give you the proper access levels to delete or rename the files correctly.c

Hope this helps it worked for me. I was afraid of a brick because nobody clarified the steps that were involved in RSDLite. It may be nerve racking, but it does work!! Enjoy and thanks again to the2dcour, romracer, Nottach, Faux123 and anybody else who has helped in the scene that I didnt have a chance to mention. PM me if I forgot you!

Reactions: miji2

GnexMatic

Apr 7, 2012
Works for 2.3.6 (bell)

Hi I just like to say thanks. This "how to" worked perfectly for my bell atrix running gingerbread 2.3.6

ChanBeiBei

Mar 6, 2012
Hi, i have a bell mobility atrix, the phone is carrier unlocked by code. Do i need to follow all this steps or do i have to skip some since my phone is already carrier unlocked.

carrier unlock and bootloader unlock are two different things. this guide is talking about bootloader unlock such that you can install custom roms to your atrix

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

GnexMatic

Apr 7, 2012
what was the easy method?

Thank you for the reply.

The other file browsers weren't letting me delete/rename the file so I downloaded ROM Toolbox that you mentioned. When I tried to load it up it told me I wasn't rooted and closed. I found and used a root method which was very easy (would link but apparently I'm not allowed to yet)

After that I was able to rename the files and I've gone through the recovery steps again. I should be good to try new roms now!

Thanks to the OP for an awesome guide and ar31791 for the tip about using rom toolbox. I'd never be able to to do this on my own so I really appreciate that people like you help out.

Hi what was the easy method b/c i need to root my phone again for some strange reason?

GnexMatic

Apr 7, 2012
I lost my root after unlocking the bootloader?

Hi I used this to successfully root my bell 2.3.6 Atrix.

But I lost it after unlocking the boot loader.

Long story short; I tried to root again and ran into a problem when I enter my ADB commands. " error there is more than one device and emulator". I deleted the ROM manager but couldn't find the super user recovery icon to uninstall that. So I can't get around this message what should I do?

Here is my specs.

system version
45.21.78.MB860.BellMobility.en.CA

Model Number
MB860

Android Version

Baseband version
N_01.07.05P

Build number
4.5.2A-51_OLL-17.8

digicom1

Dec 25, 2010
Seraching new UNLOCK.SBF

Hello,

i am trying to unlock my atrix, but all alltemps failed.

1. root; flashing unlock.sbf ->Failed to boot 1
2. flashing "1FF-olympus_emara-user-2.3.4-4.5.2A-74_OLE-31.20-release-keys-signed-NonEFIGSRetail-EU" the only that works -> not unlockable with the unlock.sbf
3. flashing "1FF-olympus_emara-user-2.3.4-4.5.2A-74_OLE-31-release-keys-signed-rtdach.sbf" -> installation aborted

--------------
German ATRIX (1 week with original vodafone 2.3.4)
System 45.31.20.MB8600.NonEFIGSRetail.en.EU (now, sorry i dont know the original vodafone befor flashing)
Model MB8600
Android 2.3.4
Baseband N_01.100.00R
Webtop WT-1.2.0-133_38
Kernel 2.6.32.9 e13392@zch68Inxdroid46#2
Build 4.5.2A-74_OLE-31.20
APflex
GAS_EMEA_USAOLYPGBRTCEE_P026
GAS_EMEA_USAOLYPGBRTCEE_A006
GAS_EMEA_USAOLYMPRTEU_M001
--------------

Think i need an other UNLOCK.SBF because the original vodafone 2.3.4 is to new. Everyone an idea ???

THX

mimicuk

Aug 13, 2009
installing recovery problem :(

Ive tried to install the recovery file and typed all the comands in the command promp window, i get to the part were you type in fastboot erase recovery but all it says is waiting for devices :(

Please help

mymoto

Mar 4, 2012
installing recovery

Hi, thanks for all the good tips how to unlock etc.
I think I have managed to unlock my device (at least that displayed in the top left corner) and then tried the recovery part (with fastboot and moto-fastboot). However, when in Android recovery mode I only get the guy and !. I was able to rename the install recovery in systems/etc/install.. but not in etc/install (no permission). Thanks for your support.

My phone: (45.31.2 MB860.T-Mobile en GB), Android 2.3.4, Kernel 2.6.32.9, Build4.5.2A-74_OLE-31.2

aar0nsky

Aug 20, 2011
Detroit
Hi, thanks for all the good tips how to unlock etc.
I think I have managed to unlock my device (at least that displayed in the top left corner) and then tried the recovery part (with fastboot and moto-fastboot). However, when in Android recovery mode I only get the guy and !. I was able to rename the install recovery in systems/etc/install.. but not in etc/install (no permission). Thanks for your support.

My phone: (45.31.2 MB860.T-Mobile en GB), Android 2.3.4, Kernel 2.6.32.9, Build4.5.2A-74_OLE-31.2

You need to delete them with a file manager that has root access. The phone must be rooted and then you can use the file manager as root user to delete them.

I was having the same issue.
Delete those files with root access and then flash over CWM again and it should work fine.

Cryingmoose

Aug 30, 2011
Worked perfectly for me on my fully updated Bell stock 2.3.6.

Just wanted to point out a few FYI's that may help those of us that are skittish

8. Press the “Start” button. The Flash actually failed for me, wait for it to complete to 100% it may FAIL or PASS! just make sure it gets to 100% leave your phone sitting for about 10 minutes AFTER RSD SAYS FAIL/SUCCESS.
9. If nothing is happening after 10mins, perform a battery pull. Power the phone on while pressing vol-down. “Fastboot” Will show up on screen. DONT PLUG IT IN YET. Press volume up and let your phone sit. You will see “Starting Fastboot protocol support" LEAVE IT UNPLUGGED

I used RSDLite 5.6.4, and got a little confused when it sat at 100% executed with the message "please reboot manually". I let it sit there for a few mins before I worked up the nerve to do a battery pull, it didn't show the SUCCESS message until after I rebooted the phone into step 9.

DO NOT FORGET TO DO THIS PART: After the install of RomRacers recovery boot up your phone. Open up your favourite file browser (I used Astro file manager to do this ) and navigate to /system/etc/ and delete the file called 'install-recovery.sh'

You'll need to get root again and a root file manager (I'd recommend having the .apk already, or at least know which one you are using ahead of time). I used the manual fastboot method to gain root.
http://briefmobile.com/motorola-atrix-4g-root

Also

WE ARE GOING TO BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL ROM SO THAT IF YOU EVER DERP YOU WIL ALLWAYS HAVE A SOLID BACKUP
Wait for it to finish.

Takes pretty long (I think it was like 45 mins+), and you need like 1-2 gigs of free space.

And for the Intl ram fix? Yeah I dunno, I just installed Cyanogen 7 rc1 and it fixed it. (don't forget to go into Cyanogen settings> Application settings > check Use Internal storage if your apps keep giving a "can't access/read/etc sd-card" error).

Those were the only issues that I ran into. So don't worry about doing it. I was as newb as they come, and it was fine. Following the guide, my only scary moment was when installing the rom, I didn't realize I choose "external sd-card" instead of "internal" and started freaking out because my rom.zip & backups weren't there.

toddkp

Mar 15, 2011
Just waiting for CWM to finish backing up my stock 2.3.6.

Instructions were great. Similar to my experience with Nexus S (although this guy is oem lockable.)

For me, fumbled around the RSD protocol connection... connecting phone to 32bit windows came up with unknown hardware. Newest RSD-Lite doesn't come with motorola USB drivers. (From RSD-Lite release notes) So I just searched for motorola drivers -> ended up on their site for latest USB drivers. Installed driver set, RSD protocol worked just fine... continued with unlocking procedure.

octahedron

Apr 24, 2012
Question: if I have ATT Atrix which sbf file should I download? The instructions weren't clear on that part.

windozeanti

Apr 14, 2012

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Edited May 16 2012

Hi all,

Due to confusion and scared people I have decided to post simple instructions on how to unlock the bootloader on GB 2.3.4. I just received my Bell Atrix 4G, unlocked it for rogers and then rooted and unlocked the bootloader. I was confused by the pudding instructions, so I decided to recreate them In my own wording.

I take no responsibility for anything that happens to your phone or your heart stopping while you wait for your phone to reboot or if it is stuck on moto screen etc...

Credit for original tutorials go to the2dcour, romracer, Nottach, Faux123 and the others for all of their hard work.

Requirements:

1.Create a folder on your desktop named motounlock

2.Go here: xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1136261

Scroll down to where it says "RSDLite/Windows Drivers/Sbf_flash"

UPDATE: Download RSDLite from here : http://www.multiupload.com/T6NOEBKKLO . If you need x64 bit Drivers use the other link. thanks AnguishedEnd!

download the first two files for windows (RSDLite 5.5 link, x64 Windows drivers)

download the third file for linux/mac

3.Scroll until you see the big word "Unlock"

where it says "Unlocker only SBFs" download the second file UNLESS you are on ATT.

4. Scroll down to the word "Root" and download 'Fastboot' for your OS

5.unzip all of the files you just downloaded into the motounlock folder on your desktop

6. open the folder, install RSDLite, and afterwards install the Drivers.

Then follow these instructions

1. Power Down your atrix
    2. Take out your microSD card and SIM card for the flashing process
    3. While turning the phone on, hold the Volume Up button until it acknowledges RSD. Your device will say “Starting RSD protocol support”
    4. Run “RSD Lite” on your computer
    5. Press the “. . .” button next to the box labeled “Filename”
    6. Navigate to your desktop and open the motounlock folder and select the file named intl-fix-try1.sbf ( IT WILL BE DIFFERENT IF U ARE DOING THIS FOR ATT)
    7. Plug your device into your computer. RSD Lite should recognize your device and say “Model: NS Flash Olympus” and “Connected…” The acronym 'NS' may be different for your device people!!

10. press the windows key + R on your computer, type cmd and press enter
    11. command prompt will open. type cd C:\users\YOURNAME\desktop\motounlock press 'enter'
    12. Plug your device back into usb now
    13. back in your command prompt window type "fastboot oem unlock" no quotes

14. You will now receive a warning along with a unique device ID
    15. Type the following commands using your unique device ID (the numbers in the command prompt) in place of the ####
      • fastboot oem unlock ####
      • fastboot reboot
    16. your moto will reboot. UNLCOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proper Recovery:

1. After your bootloader unlocked go to this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1204500

2. Scroll down to where it says "ALL USERS" and download your favourite colour. (NOT THE ZIP VERSION) Place it in the motounlock folder that you have on your desktop.

3. Press the windows key + R on your computer, type cmd and press enter

4. A Command prompt will open. type cd C:\users\YOURNAME\desktop\motounlock press 'enter'

5. type "fastboot devices" Press Enter.
    5b. type "fastboot erase recovery" Press Enter.
    5c. type "fastboot flash recovery recovery-atrix5.img" Press Enter.

Wait for the command prompt to say : "writing 'recovery'... OKAY ['The amount of seconds it took here']"

5d.type "fastboot reboot"

You will be set 100% !

Installing a custom ROM (Any custom rom will work as long as it has unified kernel/Faux Kernel)
    MOST ROMS WILL COME PRE-ROOTED! Just saying, to avoid confusion.
    I will be using Nottach's Darkside ROM as an example, because Cyanogenmod does not have features included with original moto rom (this one is way more NOOB friendly) But this is COMMON PROCEDURE for almost every rom so be sure to follow this for whatever ROM you want to use.

1. Go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1222108

2. Scroll down to where it says 'DOWNLOADS' and download the most current version.

3. When it is finished downloading you will have a ZIP file named something like "TheDarkSidev2.8.0-Wipe.zip"

4. Plug your phone in to your computer and transfer that file to your INTERNAL MEMORY.

5. MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE HAS DECENT CHARGE! I would say at least 50 percent. 70+ is recommended, I have done it with 40 + though.

6. Power Down your Phone.

7. Hold The POWER Button + VOL DOWN. DONT PRESS VOLUME UP WHEN YOU SEE FASTBOOT! Instead...

8. After fastboot shows up click volume down until " Android Recovery " shows up, about 7 down clicks. THEN press volume up.

Wait for it to finish.
    10. Ok now that you are in android recovery you have to do a few things before flash.
    a. Scroll down to "wipe data/factory reset" PRESS POWER. say yes to EVERYTHING until it goes back to the main screen.
    b. scroll down to "wipe cache partition" PRESS POWER. say YES. Wait for return to main menu
    c. Scroll down to"advanced", click "wipe dalvik cache" Go back to "advanced", "wipe battery stats

11. At the main menu, Scroll to "install Zip from SDcard" Press POWER.
    12.scroll down to "choose zip from internal sdcard"
    13. select the ZIP file that you saved to your INTERNAL memory. If you're using darkside the file name is "TheDarkSidev2.8.0-Wipe.zip"
    14. Scroll down to "YES - install TheDarkSidev2.8.0-Wipe.zip" Press POWER
    15. Let your phone work its magic!
    16. When it is finished installing, you will be returned to the recovery main menu.
    17. click "reboot system now"
    18. Let it boot! This can take anywhere from 10 seconds to 5+ MINUTES! if you dont see it move from the "unlocked" screen after 10 minutes Perform a battery pull and power on again. If it hangs then all you have to do is go into recvoery click "backup and restore" and restore your original ROM. Or like me, have one of every kind of ROM on your storage in case I feel the need to change it on the go! :p

19. YOUR PHONE HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY TURNED INTO A FULLY OPEN DROID :) Pat yourself on the back and have a drink to your accomplishments . We on XDA knew you could do it!

Some solutions to issues:

As ar31791 said,

Anyone having issues not being able to boot into CWM recovery after flashing it (such as seeing android guy with exclamation mark):

Delete or rename /system/etc/install-recovery.sh AND /etc/install-recovery.sh I renamed mine to bkup.install-recovery.sh in case i ever wanted to use them again for some reason.

/etc/install-recovery.sh will automatically be placed in /system/etc if /system/etc/install-recovery.sh is not found on boot.
    So, you must delete or rename both, THEN INSTALL CWM recovery.

rename the files using ROM Toolbox's root explorer as some file explorers will not give you the proper access levels to delete or rename the files correctly.c

Hope this helps it worked for me. I was afraid of a brick because nobody clarified the steps that were involved in RSDLite. It may be nerve racking, but it does work!! Enjoy and thanks again to the2dcour, romracer, Nottach, Faux123 and anybody else who has helped in the scene that I didnt have a chance to mention. PM me if I forgot you!
    Oh, and just to let everybody know when your bootloader is successfully unlocked it will say unlocked at the top left of your screen everytime you turn it on. just wait, this is normal.
    OMG thank you so much tayshun!! I just spent 2 hours reading through that pudding post mess trying to figure out how to do this for a 2.3.4 bell atrix....
    I was very nervous about trying something without clear directions in case I brick my phone. You're a lifesaver :)

I understand your grief hahaha. Feel free to press the thank you button at the bottom of my post. I'm trying to get a good reputation around here as I am going to school for programming and I will probably be in these dev forums daily to get help cooking Roms!
    Hey all,

I'm glad that you guys like my tutorial!

I didnt realize that it had so many views lol :p

I tried to keep it as straight forward for the most part, but I will edit the post to clarify to people about most(if not all) custom roms being rooted.

I'll try to remain on the atrix scene, although I have parted and got the samsung I927r (Captivate Glide) although I preferred my Atrix .

But if I'm not around I'm sure that regular forum go-ers are more than happy to help you guys out!.

If anything just PM me.

Tayshun12
    worked

Fantastic summary.
    Worked like a charm.
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Bell Atrix with retail updates.
    Thanks a million!

...Damnit, still can't remove Kobo; wtf!