[CSC features] * 10 Jan'13 * Enable secret CSC features

Search This thread

kkoolpatz

Jan 29, 2011
Pune
Interesting, turns out if I just download the US laguage then I get the symbols - but I lose the option for handwriting recognition next to the spacebar. Hmmm....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

You should not loose that button or option. i have both en_GB (English UK) and en_US (English US) enabled and i see the sub symbols as well as the handwriting options next to the space bar.

htc-rocks

May 20, 2010
Ok, got it sorted sort of.

If I change the order of en_US and en_GB so that GB is first than it's the UK keyboard that has the symbol keys. I copied the original txt from the feature file you posted above.

I can also now confirm that putting the txt in the "other.xml" file also works.

And yes, it keeps the handwriting shortcut on the UK keyboard - not there on the US keyboard but I've no need for that keyboard now...

Good work!

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Dont supose you've found anything to enable auto correction on the stock keyboard? My spelling is terrible!

Sep 19, 2012
I wanna ask you guys if there is any way to get a "my word list" option for stock keyboard like on the S3? Obviously no keyboard comes with every single word you want to use, and I would like to be able to add my own. Is there a way to do this?

xcxa23

Oct 10, 2010
The problem is the settings menu force closes, so I can't get as far as setting the language!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

i think because omega rom alr included its own pre-included feature code.
i uploaded a new file here which solely included the keyboard code only. hope its helps

Attachments

• feature.rar
    668 bytes · Views: 236

amg009

May 4, 2012
Kochin
Ok, got it sorted sort of.

If I change the order of en_US and en_GB so that GB is first than it's the UK keyboard that has the symbol keys. I copied the original txt from the feature file you posted above.

I can also now confirm that putting the txt in the "other.xml" file also works.

And yes, it keeps the handwriting shortcut on the UK keyboard - not there on the US keyboard but I've no need for that keyboard now...

Can you attached your other.xml file here...???

Sent from GT-N7100 Note II

htc-rocks

May 20, 2010
Can you attached your other.xml file here...???

Cant work out how to upload a file on the xda app, but my others.xmk file now reads like this...

>
>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<SamsungMobileFeauture>
<Version>ED001</Version>
<Country>GERMANY</Country>
<CountryISO>DE</CountryISO>
<SalesCode>DBT</SalesCode>
<FeatureSet>
<CscFeature_Framework_InvalidateFlag4SplitTouch>FALSE</CscFeature_Framework_InvalidateFlag4SplitTouch>
<CscFeature_Sip_DisableMultiInputLanuage>FALSE</CscFeature_Sip_DisableMultiInputLanuage>

<!-- SIP -->
<CscFeature_Sip_UseSymbolInCMKey>true</CscFeature_Sip_UseSymbolInCMKey>
<CscFeature_Sip_EnableSymbolInSecondary>de;en_GB;en_US</CscFeature_Sip_EnableSymbolInSecondary>
<CscFeature_Web_EnableAutoSimHomeUrlInProfile>TRUE</CscFeature_Web_EnableAutoSimHomeUrlInProfile>
<CscFeature_RIL_EnableBIP>TRUE</CscFeature_RIL_EnableBIP>
</FeatureSet>
</SamsungMobileFeauture>

>
>

It also works if you just add the feature.xml file posted above alongside the others.xml file.

The problem I first had is that when I copied the txt from the above feature.xml file it inserted a space between the "e" and the "n" in "en_GB" - not sure if it's there in the original or just an artifact caused by cut/paste in root explorer?

amg009

May 4, 2012
Kochin
It also works if you just add the feature.xml file posted above alongside the others.xml file.

The problem I first had is that when I copied the txt from the above feature.xml file it inserted a space between the "e" and the "n" in "en_GB" - not sure if it's there in the original or just an artifact caused by cut/paste in root explorer?

Hmmm I have tried that now I'l try adding tye feature file next to the others.xml
Below is how my others.xml looks like now, not working though...

<?xml version=\1.0\ encoding=\UTF-8\ ?>
<SamsungMobileFeauture>
<Version>ED005</Version>
<Country>INDIA</Country>
<CountryISO>IN</CountryISO>
<SalesCode>INU</SalesCode>
<FeatureSet>
<CscFeature_Common_DisablePhoneNumberFormatting>TRUE</CscFeature_Common_DisablePhoneNumberFormatting>
<CscFeature_Framework_EnableHarfbuzz>TRUE</CscFeature_Framework_EnableHarfbuzz>
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_TunnigCallWaitingToneAs>60</CscFeature_VoiceCall_TunnigCallWaitingToneAs>
<CscFeature_FMRadio_SetLocalTunning>3,3,1</CscFeature_FMRadio_SetLocalTunning>
<CscFeature_FMRadio_RecordingVolumeAs>11</CscFeature_FMRadio_RecordingVolumeAs>
<CscFeature_Web_EnableAutoSimHomeUrlInProfile>TRUE</CscFeature_Web_EnableAutoSimHomeUrlInProfile>
<CscFeature_RIL_SupportUssdWithSharpChar>TRUE</CscFeature_RIL_SupportUssdWithSharpChar>
<CscFeature_RIL_EnableRoamingIcon4NationalRoaming>TRUE</CscFeature_RIL_EnableRoamingIcon4NationalRoaming>
<CscFeature_RIL_IgnoreNitzNetworkName>TRUE</CscFeature_RIL_IgnoreNitzNetworkName>

<CscFeature_Sip_EnableSymbolInSecondary>de;en_US;e n_GB</CscFeature_Sip_EnableSymbolInSecondary>
</FeatureSet>
</SamsungMobileFeauture>

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Think some more features can be enabled as seen in my others.xml. ...:rolleyes:

htc-rocks

May 20, 2010
I can see the problem. You have got "e n_GB" instead of "en_GB"

Its wrong in the files posted above by xcxa23 so the extra space has to be deleted.

Last edited:
Reactions: amg009

amg009

May 4, 2012
Kochin
I can see the problem. You have got "e n_GB" instead of "en_GB"

Its wrong in the file posted above so the extra apace has to be deleted.

Thanks for correcting. ..:)
I got it working for the en_us by adding features.xml to the csc folder.
This should be enabled for all the languages right..?
Atleast for us and uk...;)
Now I'l try the other way by correcting the space, lets see how it turns out...
Edit:not working for me and now the feature.xml doesnt work too...
Btw which editor are you guys using...?
Edit2: I got It back working on the us language by just adding the feature.xml and fixing the permissions 644.. it didn't work if I corrected the space between e n_GB, so I guess it can be enabled for one language at a time, so that may be the reason when you swapped en_US with en_GB, it worked for the uk language....
restored the others.xml to default...

Last edited:
Reactions: k3v0

htc-rocks

May 20, 2010
Hi,

Just checked and I have now got the symbols on UK and US keyboards by editing my "others.xml" file as above.

I had to reboot and also delete the "features.xml" file that I had created though.

Going forward though, if I'm going to do a few mods like this I might create a features.xml file so that I can keep my others.xml file stock. ..

htc-rocks

May 20, 2010
I've been using the txt editor in "root explorer"

Just out of interest, do you keep handwriting recognition if you switch to US keyboard? I don't :(

kkoolpatz

Jan 29, 2011
Pune
Sadly this doesnt work for me, happy with us keyboard though...
Btw which editor did you use...?

There was a rendering problem in my OP which showed a space between en and _GB when there was not one in the actual code.perhaps because its a one big word. I have now placed the code in the code tags to work around the rendering issue. Please try copying both lines again.

Also make sure you dont paste these lines at the bottom of the file. These must adhere to the format of the file. All codes must go before the </FeatureSet> and </SamsungMobileFeature> ending tags.

htc-rocks

May 20, 2010
There was a rendering problem in my OP which showed a space between en and _GB when there was not one in the actual code.

There is also a similar error in the feature.rar file posted by xcxa23 above where there is a space between "e" and "n_GB" which I think could be confusing things further (it did for me!).

amg009

May 4, 2012
Kochin
I've been using the txt editor in "root explorer"

Just out of interest, do you keep handwriting recognition if you switch to US keyboard? I don't :(

Thanks just to check if there was problems with the saved format..
And I do have handwriting recognition on both keyboards while the symbols are only in the us one..

There was a rendering problem in my OP which showed a space between en and _GB when there was not one in the actual code.perhaps because its a one big word. I have now placed the code in the code tags to work around the rendering issue. Please try copying both lines again.

Also make sure you dont paste these lines at the bottom of the file. These must adhere to the format of the file. All codes must go before the and ending tags.
I didnt have it working when I edited the others.xml file with the above removing the spaces but it does work for me when adding the feature.xml added in this thread. It has the languages stated like this en_US;e n_GB
Then the us keyboard has symbols and the uk one dont...
When I removed that space the symbols were gone from both these keyboards...
I retained handwriting recognition all through this without problems...

Edit: now I have symbols working in all the keyboards, this time I used feature.xml file and removed the space between e and n in e n_GB
Also handwriting recognition works fine on both.. @htc-rocks you should try this... and it worked for me only when I used the root explorer to edit files...

Last edited:

amg009

May 4, 2012
Kochin
Did u originally have the feature.xml file or did you create one?

No I used the one xcxa23 uploaded. ...:)
Edited it to remove the space, copied to csc folder and set permissions to 644...
For these purposes I used root explorer, earlier it did not work when I used solid explorer and es file managers build in editors...

Last edited:

jauhari

May 24, 2010
Ponjong, Gunungkidul
www.jauhari.net
I tried this on my EE UK N7105 running 4.1.2, but no sub characters on the keyboard after reboot. Also causes the Samsung keyboard to force close when you click on the keyboard settings unfortunately. I guess they've changed the code in 4.1.2.
Add This to add Sub Character

<CscFeature_Sip_EnableSymbolInSecondary>id;en_US<CscFeature_Sip_EnableSymbolInSecondary>

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can enable some features that Sammy decided to disable for your country by default.

These features can be found in /system/csc/feature.xml
    Some users have reported on being on a rom that does not have feature.xml. If you are one of these you may try adding the code to /system/csc/others.xml (same directory).

########## Frequently Asked Questions ##########
    • I did everything, but It not working.

Make sure you add the CSC features between <FeatureSet> and </FeatureSet> (See Below)
      Code:
      <FeatureSet>
          <!-- This is a comment. You may write anything between these tags -->
          <CscFeature_XXX>TRUE</CscFeature_XXX>
        </FeatureSet>

After adding these lines to your existing file using any root explorer or vi, sometime permissions are reset for some users. Please verify / reset file permissions to allow read access to all.

• I do not have /system/csc/feature.xml
      Some users have reported on being on a rom that does not have feature.xml. If you are one of these you may try adding the code to others.xml in the same directory.

• There are many more out there.
      I know :silly:. For a complete list see my second post.

• I know one that works, but its not listed here.
      Please feel free to post it in this thread or PM me. I'll be glad to test it and add to OP.

• I rebooted to recovery and all features are gone..
      If you enter stock recovery (3e), your csc may be re-applied and all your modifications may be removed. If your csc is modified don't enter stock recovery (3e).

Add the following lines to your existing file using any root explorer or vi. (be sure to backup the file before you experiment)
    IF YOU HAVE FAT FINGERS, SEE MY FILE IN THE SECOND POST :cyclops:

Enter Key = New Line in stock sms // Only if not supported already
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Message_ReplaceCRToNewLine>true</CscFeature_Message_ReplaceCRToNewLine>

Enable scheduled message
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMessage>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMessage>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMsgBox>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMsgBox>

Enable sub Symbols on Stock Samsung keyboardShow Content for Screenshot
    Screenshot_2012-12-07-08-08-12-1.png

Code:
    <CscFeature_Sip_EnableSymbolInSecondary>de;en_US;en_GB</CscFeature_Sip_EnableSymbolInSecondary>
    Show Content to view Launguage codes UPDATED
    The Format is one of the two types. Either...
    • Lower case language code (ko) OR
    • Lower case language code_UPPERCASE COUNTRY CODE (en_US).
    You can find out which one applies to your language depending upon whether there is a country code mentioned in front of your language in the Keyboard settings.
    For example: There are two types of english language keyboards, US and GB (Great Britain) So the english keyboard codes are en_US and en_GB respectively.
    There is only one korean Keyboard, so it would only have the language code, not the country code. example : ko.

In below code i have mentioned all combinations of language and countries. please select whatever applies to you.
    If just language code does not work try adding "_COUNTRYCODE".
    Code:
    en_GB;en_US;en_AU;en_CA;en_PH;en_IE;en_NZ;en_ZA;
    ko_KR;de_AT;de_CH;de_DE;fr_FR;fr_CH;fr_BE;fr_CA; bg_BG;cs_CZ;da_DK;el_GR;es_ES;et_EE;fi_FI;
    ga_IE;hr_HR;hu_HU;is_IS;it_IT; lt_LT;lv_LV;mk_MK;ms_MY;nb_NO;nl_NL;nl_BE;pl_PL;pt_PT;pt-BR;ro_RO;sr_RS;sv_SE;tr_TR; ca_ES;eu_ES;gl_ES;kk_KZ;ru_RU;sk_SK;sl_SI;uk_UA;uz_UZ;az_AZ;hy_AM;ka_GE;
    pt_BR;in_ID;ja_JP;vi_VN;zh_CN;zh_TW;ar_AE;ar_IL;fa_FA;ur_PK;iw_IL;th_TH;zh_HK;zh_SG

Dialer search matches numbers in contacts and call logs along with contacts
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Dialer_PhonebookNdigitsMatching>true</CscFeature_Dialer_PhonebookNdigitsMatching>
    <CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>true</CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>
    No Limits on joining contacts together. # Removes the existing Limit of 5 contacts
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Contact_SetLinkCountMaxAs>999</CscFeature_Contact_SetLinkCountMaxAs>
    extend speed dials to 100
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Contact_ExtendSpeedDialTo100>true</CscFeature_Contact_ExtendSpeedDialTo100>
    Extend Contact name lenth Limit to 1280
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Contact_LimitNameLength>1280</CscFeature_Contact_LimitNameLength>

Add exit menu to stock web browser
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Web_AddOptionToTerminate>true</CscFeature_Web_AddOptionToTerminate>
    Confirm whether you want to exit the browser
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Web_EnablePromptToExit>true</CscFeature_Web_EnablePromptToExit>
    Stock browser requests Desktop site by default
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Web_EnableDesktopSiteAsDefault>true</CscFeature_Web_EnableDesktopSiteAsDefault>
    Show the current user agent in Internet->Settings->Advanced
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Web_ShowVersionInSetting>true</CscFeature_Web_ShowVersionInSetting>

Add shutter sound on/off menu to stock camera app
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>true</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>

Hide Software Update from Settings
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Setting_DisableMenuSoftwareUpdate>true</CscFeature_Setting_DisableMenuSoftwareUpdate>

Show your hardware revision in Settings->About (same as dialing *#12580*369#)
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Setting_EnableHwVersionDisplay>true</CscFeature_Setting_EnableHwVersionDisplay>

Enable infinite scrolling in TW home screens, app drawer, and widget drawer
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Launcher_DisablePageRotation>false</CscFeature_Launcher_DisablePageRotation>

Enables Rotation control icon in Gallery
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Gallery_AddAutoRotationIcon>true</CscFeature_Gallery_AddAutoRotationIcon>

Any Finally, if you know more, please leave me a pm or a comment and i'll add it to this post
    Would you like to help crack more CscFeatures?

Would you like to help crack more CscFeatures?

I have listed out about 700+ CscFeatures that may or may not apply to our devices. I do not have the time to confirm if they really work.
    If one of you would like to test these on your devices, please click Show Content. If they work please report to me and i'll add them to the OP.

Warning: Dragons Ahead

Please see this link to access the CscFeatures. Again. These are Samsung generic and not specifically for Note2.
    But may work for note2. Please backup your devices before you experiment.

CscFeatures

For those having problems

I have uploaded my feature.xml. please place this in the /system/csc/feature.xml See attachment.
    Please rename feature.txt to xml while copying.
    Inverted email to white like in tab

I dont know how many of you really like the inverted email which is hardly readable and just changing the CSC you will get the email app in white and just looks like in TAB!

To get in white:

<CscFeature_Email_UseFixedBgColorAsWhite>TRUE</CscFeature_Email_UseFixedBgColorAsWhite>

To get in inverted

<CscFeature_Email_UseFixedBgColorAsWhite>FALSE</CscFeature_Email_UseFixedBgColorAsWhite>

Attached screenshots!

2012-12-31-09-59-27.jpg2012-12-31-10-00-43.jpg2012-12-31-10-01-03.jpg2012-12-31-10-01-10.jpg

I am also trying to make messaging, contacts,settings in while like TAB..stay tuned!:p

Feel Helped, Press Thanks!
    Same for me. I'm running 4.1.2 and there is no framework.xml file in the folder. I'm using root explorer.

Why on earth did they disable the sub symbols on the international variants? Crazy!

I guess I cn make a flashable zip when I get home. Jz the file only.. push it in /system/csc
    But im on international variant.. so make a nandroid backup if wanna flash it

edit: seems like i wont be home anytime soon.. so i upload the file itself. extract the rar file. copy and paste the file to /system/csc
    gip rw-r-r permission and reboot.
    Please remember.. after you edit the file... change permission again into 644
    Sometimes your editor make it 611

Agreed, this is so important. For anyone struggling to do this here's how I do it.

*Please note* Firstly, I make changes to the XML file called 'others' as I do not have the file called 'features'. When I inserted someone else's 'features' XML it caused unforseen problems for me. Don't forget to backup your original XML file first.

I use the free app ES File Explorer to make all the necessary changes to the XML file, including adding the text to the file in the first place (ES File Explorer comes with a text editor) as well as changing permissions - the following is based on using this app.

To use it to change a file's permissions, browse to the features/others xml file, tap and hold it until the context menu pops up, scroll to the bottom and tap 'properties'. At the bottom of the window that opens you will see the permissions listed from left to right. After editing the XML file they may have changed to just 'rw'. If I've understood correctly the permissions should read 'rw-r--r--'. In order to do this tap 'change'. Under the 'read' column tick all three boxes, and under the 'write' column, just tick the top one (User). Press 'OK', then 'OK' then restart your phone.

As long as I insert the text in the XML file correctly and remember to change the permissions so that the phone can actually read those changes after I restart my phone, all is well. So far I've added the camera shutter sound menu to the camera app and enabled the symbols on the keyboard.