M7 root/unlock question

Search This thread

bhfd64

Feb 9, 2011
Hello anyone. I'm brand new to HTC. I got a M7 today that has the 4.4.2/Sense 6.0 update. I come from primarily all Samsung devices which are extraordinarily easy to hack. All of this S-Off and different bootloaders and whatnot is foreign to me. I gather that the 4.4.2 update has thrown some sort of a wrench in things root wise. What's the easiest way to get a custom ROM on this thing? I'm fairly proficient with ADB. Appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

abrego47

May 11, 2012
Hello anyone. I'm brand new to HTC. I got a M7 today that has the 4.4.2/Sense 6.0 update. I come from primarily all Samsung devices which are extraordinarily easy to hack. All of this S-Off and different bootloaders and whatnot is foreign to me. I gather that the 4.4.2 update has thrown some sort of a wrench in things root wise. What's the easiest way to get a custom ROM on this thing? I'm fairly proficient with ADB. Appreciate any advice.

Thanks!
a new root is almost done, the other methods won't work on the new update. Just be patient and it should be out soon

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
a new root is almost done, the other methods won't work on the new update. Just be patient and it should be out soon

New root it's done, but @jcase doesn't want to burn an exploit on just one device. Give it time for the Verizon m8 to get patched and he still most likely release the root exploit.

bhfd64

Feb 9, 2011
New root it's done, but @jcase doesn't want to burn an exploit on just one device. Give it time for the Verizon m8 to get patched and he still most likely release the root exploit.

Got it, thanks. Can I proceed with unlocking the bootloader or achieving S-off and whatever else needs done or were all of these things affected by the update?

Top Liked Posts