[ROM][Flash-aholic'ed][AOSP] HYDRAOSP

Should add-ons for this ROM be posted here or in the Themes/Apps section?

• Yes

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Simba501

Feb 2, 2010
i tried to get this working....but can't. i get stuck at the boot image and thats it. is it possible for someone to port it? or tell me what needs to be edited in build prop

I'm not familiar with the Flashaholic tool, but CM7/AOSP based roms can't be hellraised (per the hellraiser OP), that's why it doesn't work. That came to mind when I first saw it posted, but assumed the poster knew something I didn't know. There is a modified version of hellraiser that states that it works with those bases. I hadn't tried it though.

K Rich

Aug 2, 2011
SoCal
I'm not familiar with the Flashaholic tool, but CM7/AOSP based roms can't be hellraised (per the hellraiser OP), that's why it doesn't work. That came to mind when I first saw it posted, but assumed the poster knew something I didn't know. There is a modified version of hellraiser that states that it works with those bases. I hadn't tried it though.

Well apparently with Flashaholic, your able to flash i9100 AOSP, but I've had no luck.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Simba501

Feb 2, 2010
Well apparently with Flashaholic, your able to flash i9100 AOSP, but I've had no luck.

Well, the OP is running it. I had the same result with both methods (the one posted and using Flashaholic).

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Last edited:

xcentrik05

Nov 3, 2010
I think i found a way to do this. see below for the steps I took

*I had ICScrewed initially installed on the device*

1. Select Rom
2. Change Kernel to Siyah 2.6.12 ( this was a guess because i know the Siyah kernel normally works CM/MIUI roms)
3. CM7/MIUI Based Modem (KK6)
4. Check "Hellraise"
5. For kicks I changed device name to i777

Steps
1. Factory Reset
2. Wipe Cache
3. Wipe Dalvik
4. Flash ROM 1
5. Reboot

Last edited:

itchy5

Jan 6, 2012
Denton
I have this working on my phone.

What i did:
CM7 stock kernel
CM7 KH7 modem
check hellraise the rom box
check the box to strip out all the I9100 script calls
and check change the device name to i777 box.
I also deleted the boot animation zip so its running vanilla android boot animation (awesome).

I didn't add any addons because its already ultra fast stock.

I don't have a file hosting account otherwise i'd put the zip online. Hope this helps.

itchy5

Jan 6, 2012
Denton
hmm... I may still have to try this...

problems i found: all browsers (stock, maxthon, etc) can't open external links so chrome to phone wont work. and you cant push system apps unless they are .odex'd.

Also, how did you get CM7 with stock launcher?? i tried to flash the frank mod from cm7 forums that replaces ADW with stock and deletes various cm7 apps but the launcher force closes constantly. maybe fix permissions or something?

K Rich

Aug 2, 2011
SoCal
Also, how did you get CM7 with stock launcher?? i tried to flash the frank mod from cm7 forums that replaces ADW with stock and deletes various cm7 apps but the launcher force closes constantly. maybe fix permissions or something?

Just search market for "gingerbread launcher free". It says "doesn't work with GS2 but it does with CM7 :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I hellraised this ROM, and have posted a download link below.
    All credit goes to the original developer *Paradoxxx*, Flashaholic' by ktoonsez, and Entropy512's original Hellraiser script.
    Here's a link to the original thread HydraAOSP by Paradoxxx
    The reason this is here is for anyone clicking on this thread that actually WANTED A DOWNLOAD link for a rom =D I have PM'd Paradoxxx to let him know I'm putting this link here. If requested, it will be taken down, or at the moderator's wishes. This is built with Siyah kernel 2.1.2, no init.d changes or build.prop changes done by me. It will not flash a modem, so whatever modem you have flashed will still be there upon boot of this ROM.
    I'm not a developer, nor do I want any credit for anything. Please donate or thank the original developer, and those making this possible. God bless, here's the download link.
    Hellraised Hydra AOSP by Paradoxxx
    EDIT: I didn't modify the build.prop so coming from a stock ROM (non hellraised) you may have to modify it yourself, or just flash a hellraised rom like ICSCREWED before flashing this to make it work properly.
    10100464012584_s2_hydra_home.png

HYDRAOSP

This is not my ROM. This ROM is the work of netchip and Paradoxxx and was originally developed for the i9100. I simply toyed around with settings to find a flash-aholics configuration that works.

Pure, Stock, AOSP derived from source code and built specifically for the Galaxy SII. This is not a derivative of CM7, although it uses certain CM7 modules for things like drivers... that are AOSP to begin with. Android 2.3.7.

It's around Sixty Megabytes. It IS Odex'ed, but that makes it extremely fast.

Please READ the original thread before asking any questions. If you DO have questions, post in the i9100 forum if it's a general question about the ROM, and post here if it's a question specific to our device.

Siyah Kernel does not work (extract the latest CM7 kernel and use that if the one Flash-aholicsTool provides isn't to your liking)

ORIGINAL ROM:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1485411
    FLASH-AHOLICSTOOL:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1484223

Directions
    1. Open the ROM file in Flash-aholicsTool
    2. Change the Kernel to "CM7 11-16-2011"
    3. Change the Modem to the CM7/MIUI based KK6 (may be unnecessary but it's what I did)
    4. Hellraise the ROM
    5. Build the ROM
    6. Reboot into Recovery mode
    7. Factory Reset, Wipe Dalvik, Format /system
    8. Flash ROM
    9. Flash GoogleApps package whenever (you can use the CM7 one if you want)

My experience with the ROM:

The fastest ROM I've ever used. The battery life is outstanding. 70% after 11+hours of average usage. It comes with the bare necessities, but the market is there for everything else you want and need. I will most probably stick with this ROM until ICS is stable enough for usage.
    Why would you start a new thread for this bro???
    I hellraised this ROM, and have posted a download link below.
    All credit goes to the original developer *Paradoxxx*, Flashaholic' by ktoonsez, and Entropy512's original Hellraiser script.
    Here's a link to the original thread HydraAOSP by Paradoxxx
    The reason this is here is for anyone clicking on this thread that actually WANTED A DOWNLOAD link for a rom =D I have PM'd Paradoxxx to let him know I'm putting this link here. If requested, it will be taken down, or at the moderator's wishes. This is built with Siyah kernel 2.1.2, no init.d changes or build.prop changes done by me. It will not flash a modem, so whatever modem you have flashed will still be there upon boot of this ROM.
    I'm not a developer, nor do I want any credit for anything. Please donate or thank the original developer, and those making this possible. God bless, here's the download link.
    Hellraised Hydra AOSP by Paradoxxx
    EDIT: I didn't modify the build.prop so coming from a stock ROM (non hellraised) you may have to modify it yourself, or just flash a hellraised rom like ICSCREWED before flashing this to make it work properly.

Good Job, Keep it up.