[ROM] [25/3] ★★ CleanROM Inheritance 4.1 | JB 4.2.2 | ODEX/DEODEX | 6 Kernels ★★

Search This thread

joe2262

Jan 30, 2011
Re: [ROM][7/2] ★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.3 | JB 4.2.1 STOCK | ODEX/DEODEX | 5 Kernels

What's the status of this ROM?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

zekemo

Mar 27, 2012
Re: [ROM][7/2] ★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.3 | JB 4.2.1 STOCK | ODEX/DEODEX | 5 Kernels

Still here. Still working on it. Hopefully I'll have test version by the weekend. I build and support 3 roms so it takes time to build a full release.

We will need the new hboot first though, correct?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

jatipton

Aug 3, 2008
Northern California
You will need the new bootloader.

If I can find 100% guaranteed way of including it I will but I see too many people talking of bricks when trying to flash it via recovery.

Thanks for the update. Appreciate your work man. So looks like I should go back to stock and take the update from Google, which would put me on the new bootloader and be the safest route for upgrading? Then head back to your rom when you release it?

Thanks again for all the work you put into this rom!

zekemo

Mar 27, 2012

You will need the new bootloader.

If I can find 100% guaranteed way of including it I will but I see too many people talking of bricks when trying to flash it via recovery.

I'm thinking of just doing a solid nandroid, installing the factory image, restoring and then upgrading to CRI with 4.2.2

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

hcu721

Sep 30, 2010
need help. n7 might have installed new ota update on its own. now can't see bootloader screen. any suggestions?

koooowweeee

Feb 7, 2011
Hi

I flashed 3.2 a few weeks ago the my nexus was taking ages to charge, around 12 hours for 100%, so good swapped the battery with my other nexus with a broken screen and it's still the same. I've tried using different chargers but it's still the same. I've wiped cache and dalvik still the same, do you think it's the rom or is my nexus faulty?

jtrosky

May 8, 2008

Hi

I flashed 3.2 a few weeks ago the my nexus was taking ages to charge, around 12 hours for 100%, so good swapped the battery with my other nexus with a broken screen and it's still the same. I've tried using different chargers but it's still the same. I've wiped cache and dalvik still the same, do you think it's the rom or is my nexus faulty?

I highly doubt that the ROM could cause the device to take longer to fully charge. I would suspect either the charger itself, the battery (which you've already ruled out) or the tablet itself.

Obviously, the easiest one to troubleshoot first is the charger - do you have access to another charger? Also, are you using the charger that came with the device?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

koooowweeee

Feb 7, 2011
I highly doubt that the ROM could cause the device to take longer to fully charge. I would suspect either the charger itself, the battery (which you've already ruled out) or the tablet itself.

Obviously, the easiest one to troubleshoot first is the charger - do you have access to another charger? Also, are you using the charger that came with the device?

No I'm not using the stock charger think someone has borrowed it.

I've tried two different Samsung charger's and a blackberry one and they all seem to take just as long to charge. I've only noticed it since flashing this rom but it could of been happening before I flashed it.

jtrosky

May 8, 2008

No I'm not using the stock charger think someone has borrowed it.

I've tried two different Samsung charger's and a blackberry one and they all seem to take just as long to charge. I've only noticed it since flashing this rom but it could of been happening before I flashed it.

Ahh... I bet that's it - each charger is capable of providing a certain amount of power - if you are using a charger from a phone, for example, it will not provide as many amps as the N7 charger does, which means it will take longer to charge... The original N7 charger is listed as providing 2.0A, which is much higher than a normal phone charger (my HTC EVO 3D only supplies 1.0A, for example).

Reactions: okantomi

koooowweeee

Feb 7, 2011
Yes, I've been looking into the amps and the charger I'm using now is 1a, so I no it's going to take longer to charge but it's also loosing power while browsing and charging surly that can't be right.

I've download gsam battery monitor and nothing is using the power.

Think I'll have to either get a new 2a charger or flash a stock rom,

I'll try the stock rom first and see how it goes

Letitride

Yes, I've been looking into the amps and the charger I'm using now is 1a, so I no it's going to take longer to charge but it's also loosing power while browsing and charging surly that can't be right. I'll try the stock rom first and see how it goes

This is sort of OT on charging issuess, if you are using an OEM smartphone charger for the N7, the sticker/label on it should stated its output in amps and they typically are 0.5A to 0.7A for non-smart and older smartphone. HTC devices that we owned for past 3 or 4 years charged at 1A at a relatively fast rate. Car chargers typically toward the lower ranges unless they are specifically designed and sold as hi-amp ones, 1A for iPhones are the ones that other folks in our extended households are using.

Whether on 4.1.2 or 4.2.1 for the N7, stock rom or custom rom (most recently on PA 3.x) with both stock kernel and popular custom kernel, including the M and Lean kernels, I haven't experienced any slower charging rates - and that's on the stock Asus 2.0A charger or when I'm using the iPad2's OEM stock charger, also rated at 2.0A - using the micro-USB cables (oem or HTC/Motorola's)

If you are running the N7 in the car or mobile environment with multiple Apps and widgets running, especially Maps or Nav running, most car charger will not provide enough amp to keep up with it, resulting in discharge as it's draining faster - that happens on our HTC's on out-of-town trips running NAVigation - expect the same to happen with the N7 - unless you are using a high amp car charger with compatible IC on it (generic ones and even 1A ones will NOT be adequate) The current drain is relatively high when the screen is ON ...

Dean1650

Dec 11, 2012
Webster

Hey Everyone,

So, I'm on the latest version of this ROM and was surprised to receive a notification to install the 4.2.2 OTA update a few minutes ago. I'm on the east coast of the U.S. I wasn't sure what to do, but I had done a recent back up today, so I figured what the hell and tried to install it. Anyway, sure enough, something went wrong and it came up saying that the file or whatever was unverified or something to like that. It gave me the option to go ahead and install, but I decided to bail. So, I backed out of it and restarted without any issues. This happen to anyone else? Should I have gone ahead? I was surprised to get the notification since I'm on a custom ROM.

Thanks,

Mebborne

I got the same thing after a few minutes running the rom. The ota had already downloaded. I bailed. Don't like it when rooted running custom rom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 AM ----------

I tried your rom. There is no doubt this is smooth and fast. I guess I'm just not a fan of pure stock ui. Too many things missing with stock and just need more. I'll keep an eye for mods that would work, but not going to hold my breath. Great job on speed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

stonebear

Sep 26, 2011

Thanks for the update. Appreciate your work man. So looks like I should go back to stock and take the update from Google, which would put me on the new bootloader and be the safest route for upgrading? Then head back to your rom when you release it?

Thanks again for all the work you put into this rom!

if you are not used to adb etc you can use one of the toolkits to flash the new bootloader, I think I used wugs. the option is under "advanced". dead easy. :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

jatipton

Aug 3, 2008
Northern California
if you are not used to adb etc you can use one of the toolkits to flash the new bootloader, I think I used wugs. the option is under "advanced". dead easy. :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I have the paid version of the Toolkit. I ended up Google Stock image 4.2.1, received notification for 4.2.2, and updated. Safe and easy. :)

Thanks for the reply/info though! :highfive:

Reactions: stonebear

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] [25/3] ★★ CleanROM Inheritance 4.1 | JB 4.2.2 | ODEX/DEODEX | 6 Kernels ★★

CleanROM Inheritance for Nexus 7 | ODEX | DEODEX | Performance Tuned | App & Mod Aroma Installer | Multi-Kernels – You must be on JB 4.2.2 bootloader to use this ROM

Don't forget to do a Nandroid Backup first and give the ROM 5 mins to stabilise!

CleanROMInheritanceDeskTop_zps41e662a0.jpg

about-tablet_zps90dfb7ee.png

CleanROMInheritancePerformance_zps9651fe23.jpg

ABOUT
    • CleanROM Inheritance is a JellyBean 4.2.2 stock based ROM based and designed from the original CleanROM by scrosler. Thanks Scott for letting me pick up the project.
    • CleanROM Inheritance includes further enhancements, tweaks and updated apps to give a superior zippy user experience.
    • CleanROM Inheritance is targeted to towards the user that wants a ROM with the ability to pick and choose the options they want!
    • CleanROM Inheritance is tuned for performance and built for stability! • CleanROM Inheritance is true to stock in looks!
    • Thanks to scrosler (Scott!)
    • Thanks all the testers! Stonebear, jtrosky, Glasairmell

FEATURES
    • ODEXed & DEODEXed version available! :D Most users prefer Odex as it offers a smoother experience.
    • Aroma Installer with the following options:
    • Kernels: CROMI Stock, Motley Kernel, M-Kernel, LeanKernel, Franco Kernel , Trinity Seven Kernel
    - Thanks to Motley, Metalice, Franco, morfic and azoller1!
    • Launchers: Stock, Apex , Nova, ADW, Go Launcher HD
    • Google Apps : Play Store, News and Weather Genie (transparent), Gmail, Google Now and Voice Search, Google Wallet, You Tube, GTalk, Google Music, , Google Maps , Street View for Maps, Google Books, Currents, Google Earth, Google Magazines, Google +, Google Movies & TV
    • Misc Apps: ES File Explorer, Rebooter (Power Menu Options), Adobe Flash, AdAway, Titanium Backup, DropBox, Browser 2 Ram.
    • Performance tweaks!
    • Init.d support!
    • Zip align on boot!
    • Fsync Disabled option for extreme speed!
    • CrossBreeder Patch option offered for testing
    • LagFix app included to give further performance improvements
    • Continued Best Support of any ROM!

CHANGE LOG
    Version 4.1 Full Rom – 25 March 2013
    o Added Option to reinstall TabletUI! Note: It only works if no security is used on lock screen
    o M-Kernel updated to mr1 (milestone release 1)
    o Franco Kernel updated to r48
    o Lean Kernel updated to 1.5.4
    o Added Trinity Seven Kernel 4.2.2 - alpha 1 to install options
    o Updated SuperUser to version 1.2.5 + latest su binary
    o Updated Apex Launcher to version 1.4.4
    o Updated Nova Launcher to version 2.0.1
    o Updated Titanium Backup to version 6.4
    o Updated Google Maps to version 6.14.3
    o Updated You Tube to version 4.3.9
    o Updated Google Music to version 4.5.914I.590354
    o Updated DropBox to version 2.3.4 - Moved to data as not compatible as a system app
    o Updated LagFix to version 1.5.1
    o Crossbreeder 3.15.13v2 Patch added to options
    o Removed Seeder Patch as superseded by Crossbreeder

Version 4.0 Full Rom – 28 February 2013
    o Updated to Android 4.2.2
    o Updated Adobe Flash to version 11.11.1.115.47
    o Updated AOSP Browser to latest version 4.2.2 -eng.d4rkn3ssys.20130215.011710
    o Updated Apex Launcher to version 1.4.3
    o Updated Titanium Backup to version 6.0.2
    o Updated SuperSU to latest version 1.04 + latest su binary
    o Updated DropBox to 2.3.1
    o Updated Lag fix to version 1.5
    o All 4 addon kernels and stock updated to latest 4.2.2 versions
    o Franco Kernel updated to r47
    o M-Kernel updated to a37
    o Motley’s Kernel updated to build 249
    o Lean Kernel updated to 1.5
    o CIFs support removed until confirmed working solution for 4.2.2 found
    o Build.Prop edits; Fling Velocity increased, Force GPU Rendering on by default

Older Versions:
    Code:
    [B] Version 3.3 Full Rom – 07 February 2013[/B]
    o	Odex version created by me!  :)
    o	Reworked dalvik optimizations in build.prop
    dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y,o=v,u=n
    mapping the dalvik cache = yes , optimize with verification, uniprocessor = no 
    o	Added Browser2Ram as an option
    o	Changed Seeder from an App to an Init.d script
    o	Updated Adaway to version 2.1
    o	Updated Titanium Backup to version 6.0.2
    o	Updated SuperSU to latest version 1.04 + latest su binary
    o	Updated Google Music to version 4.5.910l.560208
    o	Franco Kernel updated to r42
    o	M-Kernel updated to a35

[B] Version 3.2 Full Rom – 27 January 2013[/B]
    Updated AOSP Browser to 4.2.1-eng.d4rkn3ssys.20130125.014756
    Updated Apex Launcher to version 1.4.2
    Added GoLauncher HD v1.19
    Added ADW Launcher
    Updated ESFile Explorer to version 1.6.2.5
    Updated DropBox to version 2.3
    Updated Titanium Backup to version 6.0.0
    Franco Kernel updated to r41
    M-Kernel updated to a33
    Changed Seeder Entropy Mod from init.d script to apk as this offers user more flexibility - you need to run the apk manually now to enable it
    Added LagFix app which appears to offer snappier transitions, app loading. YMMV - you need to run the apk to enable it. Let it do its thing and give it 2 mins to finish, then reboot (may have to boot manually)

[B] Version 3.1.1 Patch – 11 January 2013[/B]
    Fixed missing Adobe Flash
    Removed Fast Reboot as Rebooter also includes an option to kill all apps

[B] Version 3.1 Full ROM Initial Inheritance Release – 10 January 2013[/B]
    Choice of 5 kernels now included in the Aroma installer:
    1.    CROMI Stock
    2.    Motley a28
    3.    M-Kernel a28
    4.    LeanKernel 1.2
    5.    Franco.kernel r38
    Added option to enable the contentious Seeder Entropy Generator patch which supposedly fixes lagging in games and apps.
    Added the option to disable fsync which speeds up database commits at the risk of data corruption. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    Updated Google Maps to 6.14.2
    Updated Google Play Store to 3.10.10
    Updated Google Mail to 4.2.1
    Updated Google Magazines to 1.2.0
    Updated Google Plus to 3.3.1.40177215
    Updated Google Now to 2.2.10.546669
    Updated Google Videos to 2.3.7
    Updated Google Currents to 2.0.0
    Updated Google Earth to 7.0.2.8421
    Updated Google Books to 2.7.25
    Updated YouTube to 4.2.16
    Updated ESFileExplorer to 1.6.4
    Updated SuperUser to version 0.99
    Updated Nova Launcher to 2.0
    Updated Apex Launcher to 1.4.0
    Updated AOSP Browser to latest version – thanks dskies!
    Added News and Weather transparent genie version 13.0.4
    Added FlashPlayer latest version 11.1.11.1.115.36
    Added Titanium Backup version 5.8.0.1
    Added most performance tweaks from CROMI 3.1 on the Asus Infinity :)
    Removed Terminal Emulator – can be downloaded from the market
    Removed QuickBoot – replaced by Rebooter
    Removed ThinkFree

INSTALLATION
    • Bootloader: Official Google Jellybean 4.2.2 bootloader
    • Recovery: Latest TWRP or ClockworkMod
    • Copy ROM to storage
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • OPTIONAL: Wipe data / Factory Reset in Recovery if coming from a non-Stock Rom
    • Install ROM
    • Choose kernel & Options
    • Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
    • Reboot to System
    • Let the ROM stabilise
    • Inherit!

How to upgrade to the 4.2.2 Bootloader using the Fastboot method
    Since i cant seem to make a flashable zip right now im just going to tell how to install it using Fastboot
    But if i ever do find a way to make it flashable i will post it here right away

1. Download The ADB and Fastboot Tools: HERE
    2. Download The 4.18 Image File: HERE
    2a. Rename The File To "4.18.img" so take off a .img
    2b. Put The IMG File In Where Your Fastboot Files Are
    3. Reboot To Your Bootloader On You Nexus 7 (Power off power button and volume down until you see bootloader screen)
    4. Connect Your Nexus 7 To Your Computer
    5. Open Up Command Prompt
    6. CD to where your fastboot tools were downloaded
    maybe: C:\Users\Alex\Downloads\platform-tools
    7. Then type:
    fastboot devices (to see if its connected correctly)
    fastboot flash bootloader 4.18.img
    fastboot reboot
    8. Then Reboot Back To Your Bootloader And See If It Installed Correctly

Dont Forgot To Press Thanks! Enjoy!

IF FASTBOOT DIDNT WORK FOR YOU DOWNLOAD THESE FILES: HERE
    THEN FOLLOW THESE INSTUCTIONS: HERE

DEODEX VERSION DOWNLOAD

CleanROM Inheritance 4.1 Full Mirror 1

CleanROM Inheritance 4.1 Full Mirror 2

CleanROM Inheritance 4.1 Full Mirror 3

MD5: 981f8a20a46098f2649333058514205f

ODEX VERSION DOWNLOAD

CleanROM Inheritance 4.1 Full Mirror 1

CleanROM Inheritance 4.1 Full Mirror 2

CleanROM Inheritance 4.1 Full Mirror 3

MD5: 03a884d746959479d5490d7c3914ed82

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars
    Please donate if you enjoy using CleanROM Inheritance
    CROMI 3.3 Released including ODEX

Long awaited ODEX version released ;)

CHANGE LOG
    Version 3.3 Full Rom – 07 February 2013
    o Odex version created by me! :)
    o Reworked dalvik optimizations in build.prop
    dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y,o=v,u=n
    mapping the dalvik cache = yes , optimize with verification, uniprocessor = no
    o Added Browser2Ram as an option
    o Changed Seeder from an App to an Init.d script
    o Updated Adaway to version 2.1
    o Updated Titanium Backup to version 6.0.2
    o Updated SuperSU to latest version 1.04 + latest su binary
    o Updated Google Music to version 4.5.910l.560208
    o Franco Kernel updated to r42
    o M-Kernel updated to a35
    Still here. Still working on it. Hopefully I'll have test version by the weekend. I build and support 3 roms so it takes time to build a full release.
    CROMI 3.2 Released!

I have updated this to version 3.2. If I get time I will try to do the ODEX version this week :)

Version 3.2 Full Rom – 27 January 2013
    Updated AOSP Browser to 4.2.1-eng.d4rkn3ssys.20130125.014756
    Updated Apex Launcher to version 1.4.2
    Added GoLauncher HD v1.19
    Added ADW Launcher
    Updated ESFile Explorer to version 1.6.2.5
    Updated DropBox to version 2.3
    Updated Titanium Backup to version 6.0.0
    Franco Kernel updated to r41
    M-Kernel updated to a33
    Changed Seeder Entropy Mod from init.d script to apk as this offers user more flexibility - you need to run the apk manually now to enable it
    Added LagFix app which appears to offer snappier transitions, app loading. YMMV - you need to run the apk to enable it. Let it do its thing and give it 2 mins to finish, then reboot (may have to boot manually)