[Q] Need Help /Trouble/Advice/Suggestion

Search This thread

prabhjitsinghwalia

Dec 11, 2011
Bangalore , Delhi
Problem
I Brought A new Gpro on 21st Dec E988 India, it worked fine for a week , Then I rooted it using the Sticky thread By ballshanglow.
Next day I see my 2G n/w signals are gone totally , I switch to 3G/WCDMA and Bam it works both voice data , but switching back to 2G still doesnt work.

What i tried
Factory reset using Power + Vol Down button : Problem still persists
Flashed original KDZ E988 10e India with Flash Tool : Problem Still persists
Flashed stick rom via Lg support tool : Problem Still Perists , still only 3G no 2G

Then
I thought Maybe it's a BB issue , but doesnt flashing stock KDZ as i did before restore the original BB ?
Anyways
1) I rooted my phone using the same method as above
2) Installed Latest Freegee
3) Installed CWM from there
4) Flashed a certain E988 10a(India) BB and Rebooted from CWM

Bam a bootloop , Now what should I do , I am stuck with no 2G network at all?

Request/Advice/ Suggestion
  • There is an awesome Thread which keeps track of all Stock KDZ
    there should be a similar thread that keeps track of all latest BB too , Currently I see individual Devs have BB for somemodels or just a few BB in their own cloud and all of them are scattered .I would request some Senior Member here to create one thread as sticky so as to help every newbie.
  • Many people on different models of Gpro are having problems with CWM installed with freegee , some have touch problems on TWRP , i had them too , it would be good if the sticky threads could recommend which one to use.
  • Sticky threads should also explain the what all models our phone has , Concept of Recovery , BB , Modem , firmware as only people who have flashed a rom earlier would be aware of these terms , for others it might be rocket science :D

Personal Help
1) after a lot of searching I found E988 10a BB (India) , Does anyone know a newer version ?
2) Since CWM from freegee gave me Bootloop , can someone tell me which Recovery should i use CWM,TWRP or Philz touch and if cwm or Twrp how to install them aside from freegee?

Thanks Everyone who has took the pains of reading my Post and also to the one who try to help.

prabhjitsinghwalia

Dec 11, 2011
Bangalore , Delhi
If you want to go for stock only and if you have rooted+cwm then try the below link..
Its stock e988 rom only (deodexed)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2584192

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk HD

I have tried that My Friend but my Problem of no 2g signals coming still perisits.

It would be of great help if you could give me the latest BB to flash for E988 India.
My BB when phone came was - APQ8064/MDM9x15M
then after a week my 2G stopped after rooting
So I flashed E988 10a my BB was stll showing -APQ8064/MDM9x15M ais it nd problem didnt solve
So i flashed E988 HK BB my BB is still showing -APQ8064/MDM9x15M
is this okay ?
Can i flash E980 BB just to check whether that works or not ?

prabhjitsinghwalia

Dec 11, 2011
Bangalore , Delhi
I have tried that My Friend but my Problem of no 2g signals coming still perisits.

It would be of great help if you could give me the latest BB to flash for E988 India.
My BB when phone came was - APQ8064/MDM9x15M
then after a week my 2G stopped after rooting
So I flashed E988 10a my BB was stll showing -APQ8064/MDM9x15M ais it nd problem didnt solve
So i flashed E988 HK BB my BB is still showing -APQ8064/MDM9x15M
is this okay ?
Can i flash E980 BB just to check whether that works or not ?

Nothing i did Helped solve the problem , tried everything which was possible , finally flashed stock rom and gave to service center , they replaced MotherBoard(Thier olution to everything) and voila its now working!