[Q] Touchless Control

Search This thread

MakoVince

Feb 4, 2011
Victoria
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hey everyone, I just recently made the switch to the Moto X and I love it. One of my favorite features is definitely touchless control. Unless I'm mistaken it's only supposed to respond to my voice yet after several attempts to train it to my voice it will still respond to other people's voice and even sometimes to ambient noise such as the TV.

Strange thing is a coworker of mine also has a Moto X, (it responds to his voice almost every time) yet his voice won't respond to me. Anyone else getting this issue? It's certainly not make or break but it's kinda annoying.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

DanRyb

Jun 6, 2010
Los Angeles
Hey everyone, I just recently made the switch to the Moto X and I love it. One of my favorite features is definitely touchless control. Unless I'm mistaken it's only supposed to respond to my voice yet after several attempts to train it to my voice it will still respond to other people's voice and even sometimes to ambient noise such as the TV.

Strange thing is a coworker of mine also has a Moto X, (it responds to his voice almost every time) yet his voice won't respond to me. Anyone else getting this issue? It's certainly not make or break but it's kinda annoying.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Does it do it very often? Did you train the phone in a quiet room? Mine does it every once in a while but not often at all. I trained it with no ambient noise. Very rarely will someone else make it wake up but I read if you train it in a loud room or once with a lot of ambient noise, you may have a problem.

aldouse

Jul 14, 2010
Milpitas
My Moto X at first was perfect.. then i wiped it clean after i upgraded to 4.4 and re-trained my voice. and then it started picking up everyone elses voices and recognizing them as commands as well. I locked myself in the closet and retrained my voice a couple of times. now it's perfect once again. give that a try!

h1ghland3r

My Moto X at first was perfect.. then i wiped it clean after i upgraded to 4.4 and re-trained my voice. and then it started picking up everyone elses voices and recognizing them as commands as well. I locked myself in the closet and retrained my voice a couple of times. now it's perfect once again. give that a try!

I did this and it's really better here.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk