Best Audio Configuration : ROM+Kernel

Search This thread

cesarleeds

Nov 8, 2011
Hi guys

Thinking about giving the Note 2 a chance since it has Wolfson.

Sound means a lot for me, i still have my old Nexus S with Voodoo Sound just because i love the sound out of it.

I would like to know which is for you guys the best combination for audio purposes, meaning ROM and Kernel, also which player u use and how happy u are with the sound, how u describe it, which are the strongest points, what are u missing...just your general opinion about it.

berkos

Dec 25, 2008
Depends what you like. personally I'm on Perseus kernel, which lets you change gain of volume and freqs but it doesn't color the sound, beats, xperia etc mod are not for me. ROM wise, It doesn't matter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cesarleeds

Nov 8, 2011
Depends what you like. personally I'm on Perseus kernel, which lets you change gain of volume and freqs but it doesn't color the sound, beats, xperia etc mod are not for me. ROM wise, It doesn't matter.

I have and old Nexus S, with CM11 and DSP Manager, i have direct access to the DAC, which is what Boeffla Sound does for the Note 2 as far as i know.

That would do it for me, pure Wolfson experience, then find the best audio settings and ready to go.

agrttc

Jan 8, 2009
Roma
Custom rom, agni kernel (with boeffla sound) + viper sound mod + neutron player :)
for me the best combination ever :)

Reactions: catdog78

bunglebp

Nov 2, 2010
Kangaroo Country
Yeah. You are right.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100

I Personally would use Jet Audio as has alot of Audio tweaks which are awesome, I have used Different kernels and they do a great job especially with Eargasm turned on, as for VIPER or similar they are great but i found that they muffle the sound and reduce volume so i actually prefer it without and use Jet audio to edit my audio as for ROM well it depends on what you like and what Android version you want maybe try Sungsonic or Sensonic :) I personally use JellyKat with JetAudio and sounds great for me :)

GreenMug

Mar 30, 2013
I had the original Galaxy S, and also used the voodoo tweaks. The Note II sounds broadly very similar to my ears, it really is very good. No chance of driving my HD650s without an amp or anything, but the quality is great.

I'm still on an old ROM - Omega v18 with Perseus kernel. Easy to tweak the volume levels and access the HW equaliser for adding a notch of bass for the stock earbuds. :)

HluscuAndrei

Feb 3, 2015
Doncaster
I need some help guys.

Hey guys so i am kinda newbie in this things,but i installed a lot of roms till now. By just folowing carefully step by step everything. Never messed up,ocasionally got some phones into a boot loop but managed to revive them. Also bricked a Nexus 4 but revived that as well. Anyway. My question for you guys is....how do i know if my Note 2 (n7100) Has the boeffla or as a matter afact ANY Sound mods installed on it ? All i know is i have this:
Android 4.4.2
Baseband N7100XXUFND3
Kernel version
3.0.31-3569041
dpi@SWDD5607 #1
Fri Dec 12 20:16:40 KST 2014
Build number
KOT49H.N7100XXUFNL1
SE for Android status
Enforcing
SEPF_GT-N7100_4.4.2_0035
Fri Dec 12 20:32:09 2014

And it wasnt rooted. But somehow it had TWRP installed on it. So i went for it and rooted straight away and first i tried installing Viper4Android 4 but it kept giving me error on installing via TWRP so i installed the old one (2.3 i guess) Witch sucks actually cus the sound is very ... distorted and un-natural. I cant seem to find any setting that would sound good and i wanna get the most out of my Note 2 on sound as i am a huge basshead. I`m frustrated cus i bought a pair of Monster DNA In ear,Skullcandy Ink`D,Skullcandy Smokin`buds Skullcandy 50/50 and Skullcandy Holua Wood. And none of them sound that good. (I thought with some good earbuds problem will be solved but NOPE).
So please .... Please guys have some heart and help me out...

darthvedor

I have pretty much tried DSP Manager, Viper Mod, Beats Audio Mod, Sony Clear Audio Mod, Noozxoide and so on. But from my experience I found the best combination is "Dolby Digital Plus" combined with manual "Audio improvement Mod" in default_gain.conf file itself. Without any distortion I can hear crystal clear notes even if they are very low on frequency. I am on Dr. Ketan V14 Rom, Music FX and Default Music Player. Its worth the try. Follow these 2 threads:

Step 1) Install Dolby Digital Plus
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-2/themes-apps/dolby-digital-plus-note-2-t2918922

Step 2) Audio improvement for N7100 : (here you change the DAC values)
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-2/general/audio-improvement-n7100-break-vol-power-t3044738

Settings listed by Julian67 is more than enough, atleast for me. Good Luck.

Kanuki

Jan 18, 2008
Cyberjaya

Where can I get the latest version of Perseus kernel for note2?

charan reddy1

Apr 8, 2023
Hello guys can anyone please help me iam newbie for this I wanted my mobile to play audio like iPhone (if any left sound comes it should play in left speaker aka earpiece & if any right sound comes it should come to right speaker aka main bottom speaker) I done everything but my both left and right speaker are engaged in left audio & for right audio only right speaker is engaged. Can anyone say me how to play left audio to play in earpiece my device - Asus Zenfone max pro m1 , custom rom oxygen OS 9 ,rooted
At first my mobile didn't give access to play media in earpiece. now it has that permission but even bottom speaker is working in left speaker command

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Custom rom, agni kernel (with boeffla sound) + viper sound mod + neutron player :)
    for me the best combination ever :)