[GUIDE][4.1+][ROOT] Get that Perfect Kikat look!

Search This thread

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
KIT KAT ON ANY ROOTED JELLY BEAN AND UP DEVICES
My bad if there already is a thread already like this, i see some other but they seem a little complicated and decided to make my own.

Hello fellow Flashers, i'm sure most of you where like me when kitkat came out and couldn't wait to have it on your device! The white Colors are very attractive on phones such as the nexus 5 and personally myself My Galaxy s2 or Mytouch 4g. i myself ended up not liking Cyanogenmod 11 for the way it was set up , and just yet to try any other kitkat roms on my devices.) now since CM 11 was not the best experience for me, maybe it was the same for some of you guys too? or maybe you didn't get a Kitkat ROM ported to your device and you just want to get that Look to show it off to your friends who don't have kitkat yet as well :D. i'm pretty sure others have done this before but i just thought it would be Cool to share our little secret and should take about 10 to 20 min if you get everything right, Lets get down to business.

WORKS ON PHONES OR TABLETS THOUGH TABLETS SHOULD USE THEIR STOCK LAUNCHER FOR PREFERENCE

I Have yet to know if this works on a device with Stock nature such as a Nexus 7 which comes with stock android so i dont know if Gravity box will write over the Colors of the status bar so you should try to use a custom rom such as Cyanogenmod if you can, otherwise it would be awesome to tell me if it does or does not work on devices like that.

Requirements

-- Rooted Device (Needed for custom recovery and Xposed
-- Wifi connection or data connection is needed (downloading Framework for Xposed)
-- Needs to be Jelly Bean 4.1 or Higher (Gravity Box Requires Jellybean)
-- Need to have a Custom Recovery (Sorta of has nothing to do with the recovery but Xposed requires you to have one and you should have one anyway just in case something goes wrong.)
-- [Optional] You shouldn't need a computer but downloading some of the files would make it faster than your phone.

Be sure to have a backup ready just incase, if not make one before you start i am not responsible for your Bricks though this is a simple method and you SHOULD not brick it unless you turn off to the wrong road.

Getting Started
Just to show you all, i am starting On Cyanogenmod 10.2.1 on my Galaxy S2 T989 Shown Below:

kAGP20F.png
MTpdOUe.png

First of all we are going to need to get Xposed Framework and Gravity Boxt start with the status bar, You can get it from This link here, its a apk file so you can download it from your phone and let it install.

L7rrLoQ.png
MyiTko7.png
lam2BOl.png

Shown above in the middle your gonna see a couple options and the only one we want for right now is Framework which you will hit and you are going to Tap: Install/update. you will be prompted by SuperSU or Superuser to allow access, hit yes and should be prompted one more time to reboot your device so the framework can install properly.

hp3Ytxr.jpg
SYC4MDU.jpg

Once rebooted go ahead and head back into Xposed and go to the download section and scroll down or type in "GravityBox" Be sure to tap on the JB one and not the one for kitkat. scroll all the way down to the latest version available and download it. (currently at the time of this thread 3.0.0) Once its done downloading it will prompt you will a installation screen (Installing a apk) obviously hit yes and let it install, and go back to Xposed for the last time.

qCSNPNK.jpg

In Xposed go to Modules and make sure to check GravityBox. it will tell you it needs to reboot in order for the installation to work then do so. (i recommend reboot in Xposed so head over to Framework and hit reboot at the bottom) From there we can leave Gravity box alone for now.

Ca42NLw.png
jxf8lDJ.png
DaKRTBb.png

(You might notice you might have 2 batteries on your status bar because for some reason i got 2 Lol) for now we need to get the Google Experience launcher to get the kitkat home screen, it was pulled from a nexus 5 so its the REAL deal, heres a link (Credits go to geoworld_200 for the launcher). Your going to have to install all three of those apks in this order PrebuiltGmsCore.apk Velvet.apk GoogleHome.apk, if one of them does not work then it might be because you already have a higher version of that app and the apps in the zip are just outdated (GravityBox wont make your Status bar Transparent without this Launcher so if you just only want a White colored icons and black status bar go ahead and skip this step untill we get back to gravity box!).

Whew... so much work so far huh? don't worry we are almost out of the ballpark. alright we got this cool homescreen, time to work on the Status bar. We are obviously going to go to GravityBox (i made a error, if your on a custom rom like Cyanogenmod and you have the circle icon as your battery you need to go change it to the normal android icon or you will end up with 2 batteries.) from there you are going to go to Status bar tweaks>Statusbar Colors, once there: Enable icon colors. in here you can play with it all you want untill you urge to get white icons instead. make the status bar icon color white, once done go back to the main screen and hit transparency management and set Status bar for launcher to 100% and if you want it to be the same on your lockscreen set it to 56%.

2WY1WMd.png
wSq87ra.png
7VxOZVz.png

And there we go! got a perfect looking device with that stunning kit kat look, this honestly took me 2 or 2 1/2 hours to make so i hope i helped some people out please enjoy, if i spelled anything wrong or you have problems or theres something missing from the guide please tell me dont Bark at me :)

Reactions: JDaam and exaflare

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KIT KAT ON ANY ROOTED JELLY BEAN AND UP DEVICES
    My bad if there already is a thread already like this, i see some other but they seem a little complicated and decided to make my own.

Hello fellow Flashers, i'm sure most of you where like me when kitkat came out and couldn't wait to have it on your device! The white Colors are very attractive on phones such as the nexus 5 and personally myself My Galaxy s2 or Mytouch 4g. i myself ended up not liking Cyanogenmod 11 for the way it was set up , and just yet to try any other kitkat roms on my devices.) now since CM 11 was not the best experience for me, maybe it was the same for some of you guys too? or maybe you didn't get a Kitkat ROM ported to your device and you just want to get that Look to show it off to your friends who don't have kitkat yet as well :D. i'm pretty sure others have done this before but i just thought it would be Cool to share our little secret and should take about 10 to 20 min if you get everything right, Lets get down to business.

WORKS ON PHONES OR TABLETS THOUGH TABLETS SHOULD USE THEIR STOCK LAUNCHER FOR PREFERENCE

I Have yet to know if this works on a device with Stock nature such as a Nexus 7 which comes with stock android so i dont know if Gravity box will write over the Colors of the status bar so you should try to use a custom rom such as Cyanogenmod if you can, otherwise it would be awesome to tell me if it does or does not work on devices like that.

Requirements

-- Rooted Device (Needed for custom recovery and Xposed
    -- Wifi connection or data connection is needed (downloading Framework for Xposed)
    -- Needs to be Jelly Bean 4.1 or Higher (Gravity Box Requires Jellybean)
    -- Need to have a Custom Recovery (Sorta of has nothing to do with the recovery but Xposed requires you to have one and you should have one anyway just in case something goes wrong.)
    -- [Optional] You shouldn't need a computer but downloading some of the files would make it faster than your phone.

Be sure to have a backup ready just incase, if not make one before you start i am not responsible for your Bricks though this is a simple method and you SHOULD not brick it unless you turn off to the wrong road.

Getting Started
    Just to show you all, i am starting On Cyanogenmod 10.2.1 on my Galaxy S2 T989 Shown Below:

kAGP20F.png
    MTpdOUe.png

First of all we are going to need to get Xposed Framework and Gravity Boxt start with the status bar, You can get it from This link here, its a apk file so you can download it from your phone and let it install.

L7rrLoQ.png
    MyiTko7.png
    lam2BOl.png

Shown above in the middle your gonna see a couple options and the only one we want for right now is Framework which you will hit and you are going to Tap: Install/update. you will be prompted by SuperSU or Superuser to allow access, hit yes and should be prompted one more time to reboot your device so the framework can install properly.

hp3Ytxr.jpg
    SYC4MDU.jpg

Once rebooted go ahead and head back into Xposed and go to the download section and scroll down or type in "GravityBox" Be sure to tap on the JB one and not the one for kitkat. scroll all the way down to the latest version available and download it. (currently at the time of this thread 3.0.0) Once its done downloading it will prompt you will a installation screen (Installing a apk) obviously hit yes and let it install, and go back to Xposed for the last time.

qCSNPNK.jpg

In Xposed go to Modules and make sure to check GravityBox. it will tell you it needs to reboot in order for the installation to work then do so. (i recommend reboot in Xposed so head over to Framework and hit reboot at the bottom) From there we can leave Gravity box alone for now.

Ca42NLw.png
    jxf8lDJ.png
    DaKRTBb.png

(You might notice you might have 2 batteries on your status bar because for some reason i got 2 Lol) for now we need to get the Google Experience launcher to get the kitkat home screen, it was pulled from a nexus 5 so its the REAL deal, heres a link (Credits go to geoworld_200 for the launcher). Your going to have to install all three of those apks in this order PrebuiltGmsCore.apk Velvet.apk GoogleHome.apk, if one of them does not work then it might be because you already have a higher version of that app and the apps in the zip are just outdated (GravityBox wont make your Status bar Transparent without this Launcher so if you just only want a White colored icons and black status bar go ahead and skip this step untill we get back to gravity box!).

Whew... so much work so far huh? don't worry we are almost out of the ballpark. alright we got this cool homescreen, time to work on the Status bar. We are obviously going to go to GravityBox (i made a error, if your on a custom rom like Cyanogenmod and you have the circle icon as your battery you need to go change it to the normal android icon or you will end up with 2 batteries.) from there you are going to go to Status bar tweaks>Statusbar Colors, once there: Enable icon colors. in here you can play with it all you want untill you urge to get white icons instead. make the status bar icon color white, once done go back to the main screen and hit transparency management and set Status bar for launcher to 100% and if you want it to be the same on your lockscreen set it to 56%.

2WY1WMd.png
    wSq87ra.png
    7VxOZVz.png

And there we go! got a perfect looking device with that stunning kit kat look, this honestly took me 2 or 2 1/2 hours to make so i hope i helped some people out please enjoy, if i spelled anything wrong or you have problems or theres something missing from the guide please tell me dont Bark at me :)