[DISCUSSION] Xperia S battery life

Search This thread

Scratchling

Feb 10, 2012
Dublin
Try resetting the battery stats and see if it gets itself back in line.

You arent using any kind of weird charger are you? If you had a high power 12V cigarette socket charger that could cause issues.

Also, Hi from another Dublin XS user :)

kaosdroid

Feb 2, 2011
caen
Looks normal since I see your phone's display sucked up the battery like a vampire :eek:
Reduce the brightness, might help a bit :rolleyes:

I know that man but my brightness is alway at 0 because at my home in a dark room :-D

But I made another test and just swipe the home and install some apk and read this forum and BAM battery suck like *****!

I have an x10 but my battery is dead on it cause I use it with charger pluged in(big error)
Anyway,when batterie on my x10 goes fine it never drain like this,

And another suck I see is my home is verry lagy on the S with only 5 pane with default widget

On my x10 S it run verry smooth with no lag and 9 pane! With same widget +another one on extend pane(nocustomkernel,no tweak ini.d)just uncap with installrecovery.sh and romtoolbox pro for memory ect...(verry smooth x10 :p)

In conclusion I charge my phone every 3,4 hours when surf on xda and respond on twitter,no play game at this time :-S

My S is not rooted because I get a fuked one by sfr
unlockbootloader allowed =no

And I have some strange things on it
Eg:for have the gmail timescape to work you need gmail 2.3.0
So I have it!install it and ok timescapegmail run perfect,
But after reboot bam my gmail disappear and return factory buggy 2.3.5 :-S

I never have this on my x10

This new phone have a lot security system that nerve me
Day by day I see APPLE BEHIND MY PHONE! !!:-S

In compare,
When receive my x10
I said YHEA
really good phone I love it

When receive my XPS
I said YHE......
WHAT!,NOOOO,ARGH!!!
Sony fuc me pretty good :-D

End

Last edited:

gm007

May 29, 2011
I know that man but my brightness is alway at 0 because at my home in a dark room :-D

But I made another test and just swipe the home and install some apk and read this forum and BAM battery suck like *****!

I have an x10 but my battery is dead on it cause I use it with charger pluged in(big error)
Anyway,when batterie on my x10 goes fine it never drain like this,

And another suck I see is my home is verry lagy on the S with only 5 pane with default widget

On my x10 S it run verry smooth with no lag and 9 pane! With same widget +another one on extend pane

In conclusion I charge my phone every 3,4 hours when surf on xda and respond on twitter,no play game at this time :-S

My S is not rooted because I get a fuked one by sfr
unlockbootloader allowed =no

And I have some strange things on it
Eg:for have the gmail timescape to work you need gmail 2.3.0
So I have it!install it and ok timescapegmail run perfect,
But after reboot bam my gmail disappear and return factory buggy 2.3.5 :-S

I never have this on my x10

This new phone have a lot security system that nerve me
Day by day I see APPLE BEHIND MY PHONE! !!:-S

In compare,
When receive my x10
I said YHEA
really good phone I love it <3

When receive my Xperia S
I said YHE.,..
WHAT!ARGH!NOOOO!****!BASTARD!
Sony Really **** me pretty good!

And now what can I do with a phone that I can't root it?

NOTHING!

End

Hello my friend ;)

You can try to flash generic firmware maybe the bootloader unlock will be possible, I am not sure but you have to try.

For battery firmware .73 is the best.

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

kaosdroid

Feb 2, 2011
caen
Hello my friend ;)

You can try to flash generic firmware maybe the bootloader unlock will be possible, I am not sure but you have to try.

For battery firmware .73 is the best.

Hello,man happy to see that you have the "same" phone of me

If my boot is locked I can't flash anything right?

And in doomlord guide this is mentioned

The phone system is completly different now essentially for stop this and user cry at operator warranty and want a new phone!
And in all test provide in youtube nobody speak about this before the phone was release in all country !
just for Sony be sure to sell their phone.

If before by this phone I have see that the phone need unlock operator and blablabla for use it like my X10

For sure I take a nexus

BtW I'm on 67 firmware and lot of user of this have unlock yes

In pcc or seus no updates for me :-(

And sfr said no updates,your phone is normal and run perfect for us :-D

And in case I get a Christmas FW by sfr unlock yes(not possible,but just for exemple)
After that I need to go on Sony web site for give my imei(hahaha in the past BE SAFE ! PHONE USER DON'T GIVE YOUR IMEI AT NO ONE THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT)

But just for that I hate that someone follow all my trace,
again more by Chinese :-D(joke)

So,welcome in 2012 the last year of your poor tiny Pocket money get empty by the big hungry money politics :-D

Humm,sorry guys:-S

For now,
I call my operator to change my phone because I have 15 day to try it

Or I pray for the dev that find an easy safety way to root this dam phone!

I don't want flash anything if it not safe especially the unlock satus,

Again I never do this on my x10 for lot of good reason
Well,I not plan to do this on a new 48 hour phone :-D
And if it for get "my phone cannot start,my phone reboot,my phone cannot get signal,my phone have. ....blablabla)

I prefer wait :)

And for battery where you see that 73 is the best? Again plAcebo for people have root on 62.67
Because 73 is just an security updated to kill easy root and force user to give imei on Sony web

No log on 73 FW

Correct me if i'm wrong somewhere,
Maybe all the post :-DDD

Ciao

Ps:
I have psvita3G SFR(BTWsame fuc)
psn account,inside vita member,ect...
ID AXLtrip

Last edited:

gm007

May 29, 2011
I don't want to quote your long post :D
Yes you can flash any firmware with flashtools even if you have locked BL.
The latest firmware.73 has solved the battery issue for most users so you have to try it.
I have unlocked BL but not sure if you flash a generic firmware will allow you to unlock your BL??

kaosdroid

Feb 2, 2011
caen
I don't want to quote your long post :D
Yes you can flash any firmware with flashtools even if you have locked BL.
The latest firmware.73 has solved the battery issue for most users so you have to try it.
I have unlocked BL but not sure if you flash a generic firmware will allow you to unlock your BL??

Seriously man,you sure that I can flash any firmware on my hard locked phone?
Because doomlord say to me currently no way!
But I rewrite to him what you say to me and I waiting his respond.

Don't be offence man it's just to be have more opinion on that run because I'm really septic about that.

Because if my operator made 2month for release the phone after all operator with his subfirmware and lock the phone accordingly with sony(like ps vita 3G vodaphone)

So just download FW and flash in flashtool like on x10
I think it's to easy for me

But I hope you right man because stay with this crap phone locked nerve me very high

Ciao

roby200487

Nov 10, 2009
the 0.73 doesent resolve anything for me.! same thing like 0.67

juic defender does!, bluetotoh always on(bluetooth hands free), data always on, 3g always on, about 110 minutes talk, 30 pictures , gta3 game, some angri birds, contected to tv on hdmi, and i have at 11pm 10% juice, i think its good,

i have the phone from one week aproximatley :)

kaosdroid

Feb 2, 2011
caen
Yes like I said before. 73 is an security update ! not resolve anything

Anyway,

gm007

you right
for flash any STOCK firmware in FT
but unlock status
is based on the imei of the phone
and cannot be change!even with FW
Like a car you cannot change id appart if you a bad guys and plan to enter in bank
With gun :-D

But I wait doomlord respond about this even if he tell me NO WAY

I think my phone keep return to his right place >trash<

But after read another imform
If I plan to keep a nexus in place of this suck phone by sfr
it seam that the same crap occur :-S

APPLE GET AWAY FROM SONY! !!!!'

:-$

Reactions: madhouses

gm007

May 29, 2011
I hope someone will get a solution for you guys with locked BL and I think nothing impossible here @ xda ;)
Anyway each phone has his own craps :D

xach

Aug 14, 2010
Hi guys,

my battery life has recently (since a week ago) took a hit and started draining really quick even on standby mode.

i checked the service menu and this turned up :

screenshot_2012-04-20_2212.png
screenshot_2012-04-20_2213.png

Can anyone assist and check their service menu as well? Is there an error with the start level, min level and new battery (mAh)?

Thanks guys

Last edited:

xach

Aug 14, 2010
Phone off, then hold power down button + volume up button till the phone vibrates three times...
After that start and recharge your phone :)

so far it only changed the values on the battery health test page (actual batt uAh) to 1750000.
the values on the battery test page still remains..
battery percentage did jump from 63% to 59% after the 3-vibrate though.

naughtb4

Apr 9, 2012
Hi,

Getting this phone today but an terriefied about battery life and that.

Any tips as to how to intially charge the phone?

Am afraid ill do something stupid:eek:

kaosdroid

Feb 2, 2011
caen
I hope someone will get a solution for you guys with locked BL and I think nothing impossible here @ xda ;)
Anyway each phone has his own craps :D

Yes i hope so,
but with the imei system security i think it's really difficult now

BTW,
Doom respond me that about flashing on locked,

"You won't be able to flash custom Roms/kernels if u have locked bootloader....

Also currently there is no exploit to root the GB build of Xperia S...

Sent from my LT26i using"

Well,
at this time I'm disappointed about flashing on my phone

kaosdroid

Feb 2, 2011
caen
Ok,for people have eyes burning on the batterie stats

In service menu the good processing is :plug the charger a test start for charging mode(down a message in green appears)charge til 100%(maybe a new message say unplug but i'm not sure but not important at this point)then when 100% unplug and now a second test appear for discharge mode!

If your phone have no trouble the test go completely dissarge your phone with no message and the background of the screen stay as his colors and finally you have a result(unplug before 10%)or your phone go off and test is lost

If your phone battery have a problem
Then the background off the screen goes RED and a message appear tha say battery damaged 80%or90%or100%like me on x10:-D
In this case your battery is die

In this test -1 is because you not starting the test at 100 %

Outch! !!!

Anyway on the S the battery is the PROBLEM why :-S

For exemple on my vita 3g that have 1800 battery(i think)
And hardware more big

4/5hours in game with 3G on BT on brightness 80%

On this phone 2.30 hours with no internet no game brightness at 0%
Only swipe the phone and set it :-o

WARNING!!
When your phone is new normally the right process is imediatly power on the phone and plug the charger in wait 100% then unplug set your phone use it til it automatic off when 1% and now plug the off mode and wait 12hours or more if you can

EG:me I wait 8hour and when on the phone it at 95% :-(

Now I can't pass this in off mode and give me some FC in battery stats

Argh!!

Ciao

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just did some tests on browsing time 15% brightness vs. 50% brightness and got some interesting results.

I did test in Dolphin with "tab reload" add-on set on 1minute. The site I was reloading was technobuffalo which is really heavy to load. But before testing brightness I was curious what is difference in battery usage desktop vs. mobile website on 50% brightness. And the difference was really obvious.

Desktop site was so power consuming, that the phone got a bit hot. And in 30 minutes it ate 15% of battery. So, 3 hours of browsing and only 10% to spare.

But luckily mobile sites are a lot friendlier. In 30 minutes 12% on 50% brightness, so 4 hours of browsing and 4% to spare. But the most interesting part was when I changed the brightness to 15% and I got the exact same results. 30 minutes 12%...

And then I wanted to isolate web browsing so I tried the same tests in airplane mode in case of mobile network eating battery.
    Without network connection half an hour of browsing mobile sites ate 10% of battery with 50% brightness. So, exactly 5 hours of browsing to 0%. But what happens with 15% brightness? Nothing much, 30 minutes 9%. That means 5 hours and 10% to spare, or 5 hours and 30 minutes and 1% left.

Is it really worth to hurt your eyes on 15%???
    Do you know what? It irritates me reading you people moaning about battery life, it's a high definition phone with an awesome screen, if you want your battery to last a few days, go get a cheap phone that does nothing but txt and calls:mad:

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium
    As I said I did battery tests with the new Jelly Bean in web browsing and video playback and I must say that difference is really really obvious.

I did the same tests as before with ICS and compared them.

All my tests in browsing were done in dolphin browser with auto reload plugin put on 1 min reload. Website I tested was TechnoBuffalo because it is quite a heavy load. Brightness was at 50%.

To quicky freshen up, my previous results with ICS are found here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37103064 and I will include them for easier comparison.

In ICS browsing desktop pages was really battery consuming so the first test I did was this.
    Half an hour of reloading desktop version of TechnoBuffalo every minute did consume 15% in ICS. So in 3 hours 90% would be gone, not a very good result.

But in Jelly Bean the same test ate only 10% of battery. Pretty good improvment right? 1 hour 20% so 5 hours till the phone dies. Almost 2 hours of improvement which is really great.

screenshot2013-05-30-18-.png
    screenshot2013-05-30-18-.png

And next is mobile version. My previous result on ICS was 12% in 30 minutes so in 4 hours you would be left with 4%. Not that good but at least better than desktop sites.

Result in Jelly Bean was so surprising that I had to redo the test once more, because I couldn't believe my eyes. In 30 minutes only 7% of battery was gone so 1 hour 14% and if we calculate, we get 7 hours with 2% to spare. WOW, right? This is whole 3 hours more which is pretty huge improvment.

screenshot2013-05-30-19-.png
    screenshot2013-05-30-19-.png

And I got curious what would really heavy load do to battery usage. I did another test with the same mobile version but with 15 second reload which is pretty hard because it loads almost all the time. It loads the page and there it goes again.
    The results aro also pretty good. 10% in 30 minutes so basically the same as desktop site - 5 hours of browsing but I don't know who would load new page every few seconds in real life.

screenshot2013-05-31-01-.png
    screenshot2013-05-31-01-.png

Last test was video playback. I tried 720p video in mp4 and mkv to see if there is any difference. And I also tried if there is any difference between Sony's movie player and BS player. But in all tests I got the same result - 9% in half an hour. So 5 hours with 10% to spare. In ICS I got same 5 hours but with 0% to spare so some improvment is there but not that amazing as web browsing.

screenshot2013-05-30-22-.png
    screenshot2013-05-30-22-.png

So Jelly Bean is a massive improvment in terms of battery usage comparing to ICS and I am really happy with it.
    You guys should've bought the Xperia SP, S is sooo outdated and weak

You're absolutely right, I should've hopped on my time machine, gone to the future, and gotten that phone

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I m gone... stay with your beautyfull piece of ... and stay at least two years behind good technology... lol. Bye bye looser.
    |
    |

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Virgin detected.
    Fap less, read more.

Desde el celular.