[APP][11.02.09] Youtube v1.6.1820.4128 and VolumeControl v1.6.18192731.0 [DAN|ENG]

Search This thread

whc

Sep 24, 2006
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have made the latest (or the latest I could find) Youtube application from HD, to work on Diamond, the main difference is the option to select "Programguides", like Comedy, Entertainment and so on...

youtube.jpg

I have made two versions, one full install, and one upgrade (just the main aplication and reg).

Download:
Full version
Upgrade version

---

Have also made a cab of the IMO best volumecontrol (that I could find), works very well with youtube, have its own litle "volume meter", so no more full screen volume control in the youtube application, can recommend you upgrade to this two, for best performance on YouTube.

volumecontrol.jpg

The volume in youtube also works in landscape, just could not get a decent screenshot of it.

Download:
VolumeControl

---

FAQ:

Q: Would the you tube app work on a raphael (verison touch pro)?
A: Should work I think, though have not tried it on pro.

Q: How can I see the version of youtube app?
A: To see version, go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\MASD" and look for "YouTube". Alternative go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=473496

Q: Should this work on the HD?
A: No only for VGA screen, this is from HD, so you should already have the "Programguide", if you have the HD, so no need to upgrade.

---

Install note:

Just transfer the cab to your device, click on the cab and install to internal memory (if asked), and then reboot the device at the end of the installation, thats it...

I recommend that you take a backup of your device, using spritebackup or other application for this matter, before installing the cabs, so you can always go back if something should go wrong. Am personally using the apps on my device (costum ROM 2.0.3).

Use the cabs on your own responsibility!

---

Attachments

• VolumeControl_v1.6.18192731.0.zip
    299.8 KB · Views: 1,557
  • Youtube_v1.6.1820.4128_UPGRADE.zip
    983.2 KB · Views: 2,059
Last edited:

Vic5870

Jun 2, 2005
To see version, go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\MASD" and look for "YouTube".

No only for VGA screen, this is from HD, so you should already have the "Programguide", if you have the HD, so no need to upgrade.

Or you can install the app I made. Look under my signature. :)

Giannis86

Sep 14, 2008
Tilburg
i really like the looks of it
i will test it soon when i recieve my phone back from service

i dont know if its possible to do so, but i think that it would look better if you could make the youtube volume function transparent and/or change the colours to match the red/white from youtube

anyway nice work :D

whc

Sep 24, 2006
Copenhagen, Denmark
i really like the looks of it
i will test it soon when i recieve my phone back from service

i dont know if its possible to do so, but i think that it would look better if you could make the youtube volume function transparent and/or change the colours to match the red/white from youtube

anyway nice work :D
Not my work, just have extracted the OEM from some HD ROMs, and made these cabs, cannot take credit for anything but that.

owziee

Sep 1, 2007
EU
I have the new original 2.03 HTC rom and I notice it has the program guide aswell... So what do I gain by installing the Touch HD version???

screen002bk8.jpg

dlee83

Dec 9, 2008
Hi, I installed it on my VZW Touch Pro and soft reset. But I can't find it anywhere, not even in my Programs List.

Thanks!