what earphones?

Search This thread

ties169

Jun 8, 2012
Hippo VB - http://jaben.net/shopping2/Hippo_VB.html

I know I know, weird brand and stuff, but these are AMAZING...
The sub-bass is incredible (better then my $400 Ultrasone pro900 full size headphones, which are known for their awesome bass lol). They will blow beats out of the water, from the solo HD to the Studio's. Actually, as far as sub bass go, they blow everything out of the water. Anything. :victory:

If you don't believe me, look up the thread on Head-Fi. :)

elementaldragon

Feb 21, 2011
I really don't get people who say stay away from beats. I have one myself and I do think they're a little overprice for the sound quality but, I think they are the best looking headphones. I don't want to be walking around with some retarded looking headphones on my head. Its all about preference. Just go to your nearest bestbuy try out all the headphones and see which you like the best. I have the Studio's for anybody wondering about em. Here's a pic. And yes you can hate me for it.

I'm sorry.... but wow. If you buy a $300 set of headphones with what YOU even admit is sound quality that doesn't match the price, simply because the headphones LOOK good.... you must have a lot of money to blow on crap. I'd rather have a better sounding set of headphones (like a nice set of Sennheisers) even if they don't look all shiny and RED (tacky).... also because i'd be less likely to be mugged for them.

rlatjs17

Aug 16, 2012
New Jersey
I'm sorry.... but wow. If you buy a $300 set of headphones with what YOU even admit is sound quality that doesn't match the price, simply because the headphones LOOK good.... you must have a lot of money to blow on crap. I'd rather have a better sounding set of headphones (like a nice set of Sennheisers) even if they don't look all shiny and RED (tacky).... also because i'd be less likely to be mugged for them.

The sound quality is good enough for me. Any better I won't be able to tell the difference anyway and I dont need anything better. If you didn't know they have colors other than red. I'm just a big fan of red. Red sneakers, red hats, etc etc. If you wanna hate for me wanting to look good while having decent sound then go ahead and hate. Haters gunna hate. Also, if you live in an area where your going to get mugged for a pair of beats I think you should consider moving to a decent neighborhood where you won't get robbed for headphones.. Pce

Edit: Reason for my rant is no need to push people away from different choices. You buy what you want to buy. Some people prefer looks over performance. Kind of like spending money on a car. Either you go for stance or performance.

Last edited:

jinosong

Jan 22, 2011
Seoul
You still using wired headsets come on man the Galaxy 3 support apt-X for CD quality Bluetooth stereo sound. If I were you I would invest the money in Jay birds they have a new 1 call Jay bird sprint phenomenal sound quality. Phone call quality is okay, but for media ohh my God these are the best I've ever used!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

+1

elementaldragon

Feb 21, 2011
The sound quality is good enough for me. Any better I won't be able to tell the difference anyway and I dont need anything better. If you didn't know they have colors other than red. I'm just a big fan of red. Red sneakers, red hats, etc etc. If you wanna hate for me wanting to look good while having decent sound then go ahead and hate. Haters gunna hate. Also, if you live in an area where your going to get mugged for a pair of beats I think you should consider moving to a decent neighborhood where you won't get robbed for headphones.. Pce

Edit: Reason for my rant is no need to push people away from different choices. You buy what you want to buy. Some people prefer looks over performance. Kind of like spending money on a car. Either you go for stance or performance.

I actually live in a nice neighborhood. FAR from a city. I work near a city, however.

I'm just saying that it's odd to be talking to someone who's looking for good sound quality, and recommending Beats. If you seem to be able to easily admit that they're overpriced for how they sound... why would you recommend them personally? It's like someone *****ing to people about how horrible fast food is, and you realize that the very same person goes to McDonalds 3-4 times a week for lunch.

Sennheisers may not be the most colorful, but i'd rather pay probably close to $100 less for the same or better sound quality for the sole fact that they're not both marketed by a rapper and sold by a company that also overcharges for A/V cables.

Reactions: ties169

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You could always just buy the same ones
    They're pretty cheap
    $6-$10

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
    I'd stay away from Beats.
    Overpriced, and the sound quality isn't terribly amazing. You pay for the branding essentially.
    A good pair of Sennheiser's or the Klipsch s4as will do so much better.
    Those are my headphones for music.

Otherwise, I have a couple OEM Samsung's for calls and such, they are nice for the price point. $5-10 on Amazon/eBay.

I actually live in a nice neighborhood. FAR from a city. I work near a city, however.

I'm just saying that it's odd to be talking to someone who's looking for good sound quality, and recommending Beats. If you seem to be able to easily admit that they're overpriced for how they sound... why would you recommend them personally? It's like someone *****ing to people about how horrible fast food is, and you realize that the very same person goes to McDonalds 3-4 times a week for lunch.

Sennheisers may not be the most colorful, but i'd rather pay probably close to $100 less for the same or better sound quality for the sole fact that they're not both marketed by a rapper and sold by a company that also overcharges for A/V cables.