[app][Root][plugin][liveview] Reboot Plugin

Search This thread

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
This is my first android plugin for the sony ericsson Liveview
It has some Rooted-Phone-Only features that are watch-sided User-Interface only, its features are

-Reboot System (or a normal reboot basicly)
-Reboot Recovery
-Reboot Bootloader (if phone compatible, otherwise it will most likely reboot into system)
-Power Off

This app uses on-screen words when you move the left and right border touchpad area(s) to switch between the options then hit select to reboot/power off to the option on the screen, nothing more, nothing less

**note** after the phone is rebooted u WILL need to re-sync your liveview (as a reboot stops the bluetooth connection of course, not to mention a power off) :p

Download:
Google Play Download Link

Last edited:

kixaze71

May 20, 2013
Thank you for that. :) can you add 'shutdown' too?

Gesendet von meinem LT18i mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

devinpatterson

Jan 28, 2012
Hmmmm not working for me. I hit the reboot icon, the liveview screen goes off for a second, then turns back on with the reboot icon (plugin), as if nothing happens. No change to liveview or phone.

kixaze71

May 20, 2013
Hmmmm not working for me. I hit the reboot icon, the liveview screen goes off for a second, then turns back on with the reboot icon (plugin), as if nothing happens. No change to liveview or phone.

This bug is also on my second device (Arc S). I think i know what is wrong. Reboot a phone needs root acess. But my phone does not ask me, wheter I want to give the plug-in root acess. Has your phone ask you, wheter you want to give the acess (superuser/superSU)
@jkok: is it possible to add a Action-button, in the Plug-in-Preferences on Phone, which enables the rootacess without the liveview? Also there could be a Test Button, which shutdowns the phone for testing.

devinpatterson

Jan 28, 2012
This bug is also on my second device (Arc S). I think i know what is wrong. Reboot a phone needs root acess. But my phone does not ask me, wheter I want to give the plug-in root acess. Has your phone ask you, wheter you want to give the acess (superuser/superSU)

Nope, never asked me for root either. Samsung S3, rooted :eek:

kixaze71

May 20, 2013
The strange thing is, that it works on my Arc s, (SU question after clicking reboot on Liveview), but it does work on Xperia Play (no SU question). Both on ICS. But it works well on arc. Great work!

Send from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
ok new version is uploaded, i couldn't add a setting to check, but i have it now to check (and send request if not granted/denied) every time the app opens, and/or onCreate()'d. hopefully this will help better then when the function is initiated (e.g hit select after reboot option is visible)

kixaze71

May 20, 2013
ok new version is uploaded, i couldn't add a setting to check, but i have it now to check (and send request if not granted/denied) every time the app opens, and/or onCreate()'d. hopefully this will help better then when the function is initiated (e.g hit select after reboot option is visible)

I will try it! :cool::D

Send from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

damitch300

Dec 18, 2011
Julianadorp
It has some Rooted-Phone-Only features that are watch-sided only, its features are
-Reboot System
-Reboot Recovery
-Reboot Bootloader (if phone compatible)
-Power Off

This app uses on-screen words when you move the left and right border touchpads to switch between the options then hit select to reboot/power off to the option on the screen, nothing more, nothing less

Download:
Reusable Download Link

Thanks! Will use it on my new Xperia Z1 when it comes in ;)

jkok

Jan 26, 2013

Thanks! glad to have helped, its one of the simpleist apps ive done tbh it just runs in android's shell (with root permissions, or else it would have to be a system app to reboot, only with different code then i used) so the way i did it you dont need it to be a system app, but requires rooted phone.

P.S. Thanks for bumping this the overall downloads went from 23 all the way to 98 since u posted 0.0... lol

edit: nvm i didnt see it on the front page of the portal lol

Last edited:
Reactions: ClearD

damitch300

Dec 18, 2011
Julianadorp
Thanks! glad to have helped, its one of the simpleist apps ive done tbh it just runs in android's shell (with root permissions, or else it would have to be a system app to reboot, only with different code then i used) so the way i did it you dont need it to be a system app, but requires rooted phone.

P.S. Thanks for bumping this the overall downloads went from 23 all the way to 98 since u posted 0.0... lol

Well the homepage of xda shows your app but the link to your topic was broken.
And np on helping aswell haha.

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
here you go liveviewers i posted this app also on Google Play, the Version is Considered FINAL as its fully working as intended without any bugs as long as u have a good connection, and ARE ROOTED+ALLOW SUPERUSER AT LEAST ONCE :p

but heres the link, the OP's Link has been updated too, if you need an alternitive download incase u are play-store blocked or cant download it feel free to reply here and ill post the old link in addition to the playstore link =)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KittleApps.plugins.liveview.RebootPlugin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It has some Rooted-Phone-Only features that are watch-sided User-Interface only, its features are

-Reboot System (or a normal reboot basicly)
    -Reboot Recovery
    -Reboot Bootloader (if phone compatible, otherwise it will most likely reboot into system)
    -Power Off

This app uses on-screen words when you move the left and right border touchpad area(s) to switch between the options then hit select to reboot/power off to the option on the screen, nothing more, nothing less

**note** after the phone is rebooted u WILL need to re-sync your liveview (as a reboot stops the bluetooth connection of course, not to mention a power off) :p

Download:
    Google Play Download Link
    Thank you for that. :) can you add 'shutdown' too?

Gesendet von meinem LT18i mit Tapatalk 2
    its under "power off", sorry for the confusion