[Q] Ota not possible because of customized device

Search This thread

Sankaboy

Apr 29, 2013
Today I found out that there is a new update to my phone that is running stock 4.3 rom.
I have only rooted the phone but I can't update it with ota any more.

I only gets a message when I try to do a ota update. "Your device is customized. Update is not possible"

Is this because I have rooted the phone or is it because I have used clean up software that replace system apps with updated version?

How do I make ota working again without losing all my data? I have used triangle away but that was not enough. My device status is still custom. But my counter is now 0.

Last edited:

gusm41

Feb 3, 2011
hi

Today I found out that there is a new update to my phone that is running stock 4.3 rom.

I only gets a message when I try to do a ota update. "Your device is customized. Update is not possible"

Is this because I have rooted the phone or is it because I have used clean up software that replace system apps with updated version?

How do I make ota working again without losing all my data? I have used triangle away but that was not enough.

You can still update through kies.

Reactions: Sankaboy

Piyush Pastor

Nov 4, 2013
Bilaspur
First aff all i would like to tell you that you cannot ever update a rooted device from the OTA provided by the manufacturer.
So unroot your device and you can surely update after that.

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012

How do I make ota working again without losing all my data? I have used triangle away but that was not enough. My device status is still custom. But my counter is now 0.

1. Ur warranty is void (Knox 0x1) for sure.
2. U can't update ur phone via OTA coz u have rooted ur phone.
3. U can use ODIN for flash the latest firmware for ur phone :)

Piyush Pastor

Nov 4, 2013
Bilaspur
1. Ur warranty is void (Knox 0x1) for sure.
2. U can't update ur phone via OTA coz u have rooted ur phone.
3. U can use ODIN for flash the latest firmware for ur phone :)

but he can also update after unrooting device.....
sorry for any mistake but i have read about it on xda that if u unroot then u can update and then u can again root........

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
but he can also update after unrooting device.....
sorry for any mistake but i have read about it on xda that if u unroot then u can update and then u can again root........
He is running 4.3 and he rooted it ...... Knox 0x1... or maybe I didnt understand the first post :confused:. I mean if he void the warranty is a lil stupid lose the time unrooting, then updating by OTA/KIES and rooting it again... if u can flash it with ODIN, no?

Last edited:

Piyush Pastor

Nov 4, 2013
Bilaspur
He is running 4.3 and he rooted it ...... Knox 0x1... or maybe I didnt understand the first post :confused:. I mean if he void the warranty is a lil stupid lose the time unrooting, then updating by OTA/KIES and rooting it again... if u can flash it with ODIN, no?

Yes you are right sir....
But I really dont know about the guy whether he is a noob or one genius like you ......
so i just suggested some safe metod as sometimes odin may result in hard brick .. . . ......
But as i am only a 13 boy you are always correct but i may make mistakes

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
But I really dont know about the guy whether he is a noob or one genius like you ......
so i just suggested some safe metod as sometimes odin may result in hard brick .. . . ......
Im not any genius. And Im happy one guy of 13 years old is learning with us. Im 40 and Im still learning things everyday. Enjoy :highfive:

Reactions: Piyush Pastor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi

How do I make ota working again without losing all my data? I have used triangle away but that was not enough.

You can still update through kies.
    Im not any genius. And Im happy one guy of 13 years old is learning with us. Im 40 and Im still learning things everyday. Enjoy :highfive: