how to root and still have stock recovery using adb

Search This thread

balus3u

May 30, 2011
for rooting i usually uses the wugfresh nexus toolkit and it will root the nexus by using a temporary twrp recovery but how do i do the same using adb?
im using linux now so thats why i used adb to flash 4.4 but i couldnt find a way to flash twrp temporarily(the recovery will only last for one time and returns to stock afterwards) . i could flash twrp and install superuser and then flash the stock recovery but im just trying to figure out how the toolkit does it by using two steps (flashing twrp temporarily and installing super su).

Federico_96

Jun 29, 2013
for rooting i usually uses the wugfresh nexus toolkit and it will root the nexus by using a temporary twrp recovery but how do i do the same using adb?
im using linux now so thats why i used adb to flash 4.4 but i couldnt find a way to flash twrp temporarily(the recovery will only last for one time and returns to stock afterwards) . i could flash twrp and install superuser and then flash the stock recovery but im just trying to figure out how the toolkit does it by using two steps (flashing twrp temporarily and installing super su).

The command should be fastboot -c "lge.kcal=0|0|0|x" boot nameofcustomrecovery.img , with this command you can boot in twrp temporarily

Reactions: balus3u

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The command should be fastboot -c "lge.kcal=0|0|0|x" boot nameofcustomrecovery.img , with this command you can boot in twrp temporarily
    Or simply flash the stock recovery when done.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk