have LG messed up ?

Search This thread

BackDaws

Oct 19, 2011
England
ive been playing about with the video camera and lgs Audio Zoom and it just doesnt work, then i noticed we are missing a 3rd mic from the rear next to the camera, so basically the two mics either side (landscape view) are just acting as noise cancelling, how can LG advertise this as a feature for the lg802 when its clearly lacking the forward facing mic ?

AUDIO ZOOMING
Audio Zoom lets you zero in on a specific audio source by zooming in on your subject while recording video. Afterwards, you can hear it more clearly during playback.

This unique feature uses three stereo mics, which amplify sound from the specified angle and reduces the surrounding noise, so you can zoom in on the sounds you want to hear, and tune out those you don’t.

Roars21

Mar 10, 2011
Cape Town
I have it on my D802, and it worked really well yesterday I was playing with it. couldn't understand how, but it was pretty cool.

B

bachera

really, thats cool, where is your third mike?
Which country btw?

the dutch one doesnt have it mentioned on website. however google does have hits, curious
I should have rtfm

Audio zoom

Increase sound sensitivity in zooming area and decrease noise when recording.

1 Open the Camera application.

2 Change to video mode, tap settings > Audio zoom > On.

3 Tap Record to start recording.

4 Zoom in a certain area to increase sound sensitivity and decrease nois

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

BackDaws

Oct 19, 2011
England
really, thats cool, where is your third mike?
Which country btw?

the dutch one doesnt have it mentioned on website. however google does have hits, curious
I should have rtfm

Audio zoom

Increase sound sensitivity in zooming area and decrease noise when recording.

1 Open the Camera application.

2 Change to video mode, tap settings > Audio zoom > On.

3 Tap Record to start recording.

4 Zoom in a certain area to increase sound sensitivity and decrease nois

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

this is what im on about, how can the audio zoom feature actually work on my phone because its missing the 3rd mic.

and im in the UK