[Q] What's a file explorer that can r/w to OTG USB?

Search This thread

zolo185

Feb 9, 2013
Miami
I have the meenova micro SD OTG reader and the only way i can access files from through my phone is from TWRP when i flash roms and such. I want to be able to move files back and forth from my phone using the Meenova but i've only seen peopl;e suggest nexus importer but it doesn't really work for me that well, I'm using root explorer right now and it doesn't let me access my usb otg. Basically i want a file explorer that let's me use the meenova to move files and not have to boot into twrp to have to do it and i dont want to have to pay a fortune for an app that will let me do this.

H

Hammer_Of_The_Gods

Thanks ! Some great results came out
Re,

Yes :D, for my usage I use Stickmount (the free version). Once the USB is mounted I can move, copy, delete the files. With Root Explorer the path is /sdcard/usbStorage/sda1.

:)

Last edited:

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Depends what you want to do. Apps like stickmount are ok if you just want to read/write data on the card through a file explorer. However since these apps dont mount correctly (mount in sdcard for non-root users), they're useless if you want to move game data onto usb otg. Fir that you need it mounting in /storage so custom kernel like chaos is what you'd need

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: zolo185

zolo185

Feb 9, 2013
Miami
Depends what you want to do. Apps like stickmount are ok if you just want to read/write data on the card through a file explorer. However since these apps dont mount correctly (mount in sdcard for non-root users), they're useless if you want to move game data onto usb otg. Fir that you need it mounting in /storage so custom kernel like chaos is what you'd need

How can I tell if its mounting to storage or not. I'm on purity using stock purity kernel.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
How can I tell if its mounting to storage or not. I'm on purity using stock purity kernel.

Im sorry, I don't understand the question. Does purity say it automounts USB otg in its list of features? Most roms / kernels do not offer this.

I only know 1 kernel and 1 rom that does. Chaos kernel and Mahdi rom. This doesn't mean more don't do it but I don't know the features if every rom or kernel.

Browse to /storage on the root of your device to see what's there

zolo185

Feb 9, 2013
Miami
Im sorry, I don't understand the question. Does purity say it automounts USB otg in its list of features? Most roms / kernels do not offer this.

I only know 1 kernel and 1 rom that does. Chaos kernel and Mahdi rom. This doesn't mean more don't do it but I don't know the features if every rom or kernel.

Browse to /storage on the root of your device to see what's there

Sorry, and it does not mention it in the ROM features and I don't have the USB otg with me at the moment I'm in school. But here is what it shows me now.

*note* the SDA 1 is what I just added to see if it would mount there later on as vicking said above.

View attachment 2542308

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
The attachment doesn't work.

If you use stickmount, it will mount to /storage/sdcard0/usbStorage/sda1

Chaos kernel mounts to /storage/USBdisk

You don't create anything yourself. It creates as and when required

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.