[q] Confused about returning to stock

Search This thread

cueballkrill

Jul 9, 2012
Hello everyone,

Couple of weeks ago I had a problem with soft-bricking my phone (thanks to the help on here I managed to fix it) But I now want to return my phone to stock. (I want to unlock the sim so I can use any sim card, and it seems the only way to do that is by having the phone in stock condition).

I have tried several RRU's but they always come up with an unknown error (155 I think) I have also managed to relock my bootloader (but that doesn't seem to help. Here are my phones details:

INFOversion: 0.5a
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.39.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 5.1204.163R.30
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main: 3.16.110.4
INFOserialno: --------------------------
INFOimei: ------------------------------
INFOproduct: endeavoru
INFOplatform: HBOOT-T30S
INFOmodelid: PJ4610000
INFOcidnum: T-MOB005
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 3903mV
INFOdevpower: 66
INFOpartition-layout: None
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: None
INFOhbootpreupdate: 2
INFOgencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

So where do I start? I've lost the original backups of the phone and although I made a backup of the original rom I'm not sure I backed-up the right thing! (last time I tried to use it, it bricked the phone)

I've tried this RRU RUU_M7_UL_JB43_SENSE50_MR_TMOUS_3.24.531.3_Radio_4A.21.3263.03_10.38m.1157.04_release_336982_signed_2(2)

Thank you for your help. I really want to use this phone but I can't seem to get past this sim lock! :(

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
When you restore a nandroid backup you flash the recovery.img and the boot.img from the nand folder. That way you always restore the nand with the correct recovery

Reactions: cueballkrill

cueballkrill

Jul 9, 2012
Right. 100% back to stock (except for bootloader)

Still not taking the sim unlock code. -____- Should I try to get a new code perhaps? Or contact t-mobile and get it directly from them?

cueballkrill

Jul 9, 2012
Have u tried with stock recovery? Cause the nandroid has been done with custom one.

Sent from my HTC One X

Sorry for kicking this up again.....

Managed to get the unlock directly from the provider and it still refuses to unlock.....

You mention stock recovery - what is that??? - maybe this is the answer to my problem?

Thank you in advance.

cueballkrill

Jul 9, 2012
Reactions: Mr Hofs

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
So..... this might be the key to unlocking the phone......

I'll give it a try..... errrrr sorry to be a twat but I've forgotten the process. :silly: The file you have told me to get is 6.66mb.

What do I do with it?

Sorry in advance, and a virtual drink being sent your way.

Jon

rename the file to recovery.img and flash it

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot erase cache

and thank you very much, its highly appreciated !

Reactions: cueballkrill

cueballkrill

Jul 9, 2012
rename the file to recovery.img and flash it

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot erase cache

and thank you very much, its highly appreciated !

Totally stumped.

I have absolutely no idea on what I am doing wrong with sim unlocking (never had a problem before ever)

I've returned the phone to stock (as far as I am aware) got the sim code directly from t-mobile/ee and yet the phone still wont unlock the sim.

Is there anything anyone can think of that I have missed (in terms of getting this phone back to 100% stock?) Could it be related to fastboot/cwm should I remove them and relock the phone as well? Will that help?

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
If you have stock rom, kernel and recovery it should unlock fine. But i have seen many of these reports lately that the phone just don't accept the code.

Maybe going to the carrier shop can help you ?

cueballkrill

Jul 9, 2012
If you have stock rom, kernel and recovery it should unlock fine. But i have seen many of these reports lately that the phone just don't accept the code.

Maybe going to the carrier shop can help you ?

I'm probably going to end up sending it to t-mobile. However, if they wanted to check they will see that I have fastboot on the phone.... Isn't that a dead give away that the phone has been rooted?

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
They will always know it's been messed with because the bootloader says relocked (or still unlocked)

But unlocking does not necessarily means no warranty or service.

Top Liked Posts