[d2vzw][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
Philz has an option to use the newer updater script or an older legacy script. If your rom has an older update binary, it uses that script to flash your file. Newer update binaries run on the new script and don't need that step.

Basically, it's a work around to make any file flashable, because not every file out there has an updated update binary to work on the newer recovery versions. Philz is the only recovery with that kind of a workaround, cwm would simply throw an error and won't flash the file.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

No
New version detects that and there is no more issues. Get latest binary from a CM11 nightly

Reactions: BadUsername

Casper34

I tried flashing KTkernel (4/3 I think is the latest) and I got the system 7. I am on the latest philz. I didn't have this issue with my ROM or installing earlier versions of KTK, say 4/2 or the last one in March.

Sent from my ghost white SGS3!

Mystique

Oct 1, 2010
Uncheck the old update binary setting..

It does not save, so you'll always have to select it..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
What do you mean "get latest binary from CM11 nightly"? I flashed the latest SuoerSU. I still get the same message "update binary."

Download the latest cm11 nightly.

Unzip the file, navigate to META-INF/com/google/android

Pull the update binary out of it, and use that to replace the other update binary in every zip you want to flash. Every flashable zip has an update binary in that location.

Reactions: Phil3759 and jlokos

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
    It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
    Read the features, and check if you are missing something

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
    Last version can be found here:
    Now: one common recovery for all: d2lte
    The below specific variants are no more updated, use d2lte common variant

d2vzw
    http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition
    Now: one common recovery for all: d2lte
    The d2vzw specific variants are no more updated, use d2lte common variant
    Any one notice a bug where it will ask you to restore settings to default when rebooting? If not then I will provide a log.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

it is a feature when you have a backup in sdcard while settings file was wiped from /data
    you can enable auto-restore option to skip prompt and always restore backup when settings are gone in a wipe /data
    Just an FYI, having some issues flashing the newest modem for the new TW 4.3 rom. I flashed the Rom fine but I get a status 7 error when trying to flash the modem.

Copy the update-binary from that rom and replace the one in the modem zip with it, then it should flash.

What do you mean "get latest binary from CM11 nightly"? I flashed the latest SuoerSU. I still get the same message "update binary."

Download the latest cm11 nightly.

Unzip the file, navigate to META-INF/com/google/android

Pull the update binary out of it, and use that to replace the other update binary in every zip you want to flash. Every flashable zip has an update binary in that location.