Beware the N7100/N7105 UK Con

Search This thread

Chivalryyyy

Jun 24, 2009
You're all dreaming......There is no where in any of the Uk stores (t mobile, orange, EE, phones 4 U etc) where you can buy the N7105 for £499 or £450 or any of the prices quoted here.....period! You cannot get it on Pay as you go, and the only way to get it sim free through the retailers is to pay top whack at £999 at a Samsung store or go for a pay monthly contract with EE for a min. of 12 months. Online the best bet in the UK with all the taxes paid etc. is at prepaymania.co.uk at £563 or chance it on eBay and they're currently fetching about £510 but you'll need to buy an unlock code on top of this. So......as of today in the UK that's the best you'll get for the LTE Note II

walked away from 1 in my local orange shop today as they only had the white,, i wanted titanium,,,
The offer was as i have stated in other posts... £450 for the handset on ORANGE payg.... with a mandatory £10 top up.....

would of had that today if i could stomach the white... which i cant.... so a wait till titanium stock comes in :0(

If you STILL dont believe me... just go look on the orange website..... thewy have it listed there for sale on PAYG for 499 although titanium out of stock there too....) factor in £30 quidco or topcashback and its £470 online.. :)

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
when all the networks are running 4g as standard ...That and possibly the ability to use threes hspda+42 add an alternative to 4g

There can never be an "LTE" standard because of all the bands in use worldwide. A "standard" in the UK is worthless anywhere else. HSPA will continue to be the "roaming" standard until a single LTE radio is capable of supporting this laundry list of bands. The Galaxy Note 10 will be out by then.

keith2065

Dec 16, 2008
I went into a 3 store and got to play with a real "3" note 2, this was an N7100 despite "3's" customer service promising me that it was 4G ready for sure, it turns out they are currently only stocking the N7100 :( what is really bad is that 3 are pushing the fact that they are upgrading their network to DC-HSDPA (theoretical 42 Mbps real world 15 mbps) but regarding Samsungs the only DC-HSDPA phone available are the Galaxy S3 LTE and the Note 2 LTE, so the regular note 2 will not be able to make the best of "3s" newly enhanced network.

Three's customer service folk don't have a single bloody clue between them. I was told the exact same bull**** about their Note 2 being 4G compatible. I ended up taking the N7105 with t-mobile, but I'm sending it back because t-mobile simply don't compare to Three in my area. I don't know what to do now! I want the N7105 with Three, preferably without ever having to speak with a Three rep ever again.

Pat.

Oct 9, 2012
I can assure you that Phones 4 U sell the LTE handset only at £459 FACT!!!

Are you referring to the post by Gwelmor ?
I pretty much came to the conclusion the Guy was saying £999 & no cheaper was posting that as a kind of "spoof" post to justify what he is selling them on for.
Its quite a common thing, he only posted once on XDA & there's been an add running on Birmingham Gumtree saying the same, ie that they are £999 & he can sell you one for alot less.
Here's the add its possibly the same person..
http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/b...-may-swap-for-iphone-5-or-simalier/1003982171

Last edited:

Tomo1971

Apr 21, 2012
Fife
Three's customer service folk don't have a single bloody clue between them. I was told the exact same bull**** about their Note 2 being 4G compatible. I ended up taking the N7105 with t-mobile, but I'm sending it back because t-mobile simply don't compare to Three in my area. I don't know what to do now! I want the N7105 with Three, preferably without ever having to speak with a Three rep ever again.

Now there's the thing. ..Three and tmobile share most the sites and the antenna on the sites and as they run from the same frequency then coverage should be the same or at least very similar.

Sent from my Samsung Note II.

jonnybruce

Oct 19, 2008
London
Well I have just got the 7105 on EE in london and am getting 20mbps here.
Well worth the money.
Only problem I've got is the are no custom roms being created for this phone yet. :(

andy a

Nov 20, 2012
Hi mate

Yes I am referring to his post as he is talking nonsense, I was in a Phones 4 U shop the other day talking to the Manageress and she confirmed that the note 2 7100 or 7105 are both available to buy at £459 the 7105 is locked to t mobile so it would need unlocking I will be getting one from there in the next couple of weeks :)

Andy

Are you referring to the post by Gwelmor ?
I pretty much came to the conclusion the Guy was saying £999 & no cheaper was posting that as a kind of "spoof" post to justify what he is selling them on for.
Its quite a common thing, he only posted once on XDA & there's been an add running on Birmingham Gumtree saying the same, ie that they are £999 & he can sell you one for alot less.
Here's the add its possibly the same person..
http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/b...-may-swap-for-iphone-5-or-simalier/1003982171

nyda83

Jun 8, 2011
I can assure you that Phones 4 U sell the LTE handset only at £459 FACT!!!

not true!!! I went in 7 phone4u shops and all want to sell me the lte version for £499+£10 top up :rolleyes:

they tell you that it costs 459 but when you go to pay they scan the box and appears that it costs 510...try to buy it if you don't believe me

Last edited:

artnada

May 27, 2012
Gloucestershire
Hi mate

Yes I am referring to his post as he is talking nonsense, I was in a Phones 4 U shop the other day talking to the Manageress and she confirmed that the note 2 7100 or 7105 are both available to buy at £459 the 7105 is locked to t mobile so it would need unlocking I will be getting one from there in the next couple of weeks :)

Andy
I refer the honourable person tho THIS thread about unlocking your N7105 nice n easy for FREE ;)

andy a

Nov 20, 2012
Well I will keep you posted as I will probably be going in there to get mine this week so my wife can wrap it for me and after telling me it is £459 I will not be impressed if it is dearer and I bet you even if it is dearer I will get it at the price she quoted me, I am persuasive :)
( probably shot myself in the foot there ) Anyway I will keep you posted on how I get on.

Andy

not true!!! I went in 7 phone4u shops and all want to sell me the lte version for £499+£10 top up :rolleyes:

they tell you that it costs 459 but when you go to pay they scan the box and appears that it costs 510...try to buy it if you don't believe me

nyda83

Jun 8, 2011
Well I will keep you posted as I will probably be going in there to get mine this week so my wife can wrap it for me and after telling me it is £459 I will not be impressed if it is dearer and I bet you even if it is dearer I will get it at the price she quoted me, I am persuasive :)
( probably shot myself in the foot there ) Anyway I will keep you posted on how I get on.

Andy

If you can take it at that price I ask you to take ones also for me :D
I talked with them for 20 minutes in every shops but no way to have it at 459 :(

Pat.

Oct 9, 2012
Guys, people on this forum did pay £459 for it when it was first in p4u but i think the stores had made a pricing error with it selling at N7100 price & soon after the reports of it at £499+10 started surfacing & that's is now the case.
But, everything is negotiable & Orange sell it for same price so that's where i would start with my haggling.

andy a

Nov 20, 2012
I will mate :) the thing is she quoted me £459 and if she doesn't do it at that price i won't buy it and I bet you she will relent I am a salesman and there is always something the seller can do to make the deal happen I will keep you posted but I will get it at that price I can feel it :) She won't let me walk out of the shop without a sale :)

Andy

If you can take it at that price I ask you to take ones also for me :D
I talked with them for 20 minutes in every shops but no way to have it at 459 :(

ste1164

Jan 16, 2010
Darlington
Sorry if this has been said I didnt see it. But does the N7100 have DC-HSPA? Not too bothered about LTE personally but I was curious. Ok I completely missed it on the OP my bad D:

maverick1103

Jun 16, 2011
Kidderminster
So I have the Note 2 7100, got it from 3 direct, before I brought it 3 sales told me that the model was LTE enabled, I knew it was wrong as I've read so much about it.

Now I rang up 3 CS today to ask when they were launching DC-HSPA+ in my area to be told it wasn't coming out, asked the guy again if my phone will support it, he said that my phone will support LTE as per there info. Got him to notepad it down as the more info I have the better for me even DC-HSPA+ is out!

3 haven't a clue what they are talking about!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Pat.

Oct 9, 2012
So I have the Note 2 7100, got it from 3 direct, before I brought it 3 sales told me that the model was LTE enabled, I knew it was wrong as I've read so much about it.

Now I rang up 3 CS today to ask when they were launching DC-HSPA+ in my area to be told it wasn't coming out, asked the guy again if my phone will support it, he said that my phone will support LTE as per there info. Got him to notepad it down as the more info I have the better for me even DC-HSPA+ is out!

3 haven't a clue what they are talking about!

Get email confirmation they sold you a Note2 that will work on UK LTE & support DCHSPA+ then you can prove you were misinformed about the product & maybe they will swap it for a N7105 that actually does do those things.

maverick1103

Jun 16, 2011
Kidderminster
Get email confirmation they sold you a Note2 that will work on UK LTE & support DCHSPA+ then you can prove you were misinformed about the product & maybe they will swap it for a N7105 that actually does do those things.

That's a good point, I will see if I can get them to send me that. Thing is they don't sell a 7105, don't know when they will, but if I get it in stone now then I should be ok.

Pat.

Oct 9, 2012
I'd not be put off by them not stocking the LTE model if they came up with that excuse i'd suggest that that is their problem, not mine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I hit the high street today in search of an N7105 to go on three's network with the hope of being 4G ready, this is what I found

1) I went into a 3 store and got to play with a real "3" note 2, this was an N7100 despite "3's" customer service promising me that it was 4G ready for sure, it turns out they are currently only stocking the N7100 :( what is really bad is that 3 are pushing the fact that they are upgrading their network to DC-HSDPA (theoretical 42 Mbps real world 15 mbps) but regarding Samsungs the only DC-HSDPA phone available are the Galaxy S3 LTE and the Note 2 LTE, so the regular note 2 will not be able to make the best of "3s" newly enhanced network.

2) I went into phones 4U as independent phone shops buy their own phones and so in theory will be able to sell you an N7105 on any network you want. This was even worse! where as T-mobile/Orange customers are getting the N7105 direct from their provider if they either start up new contracts or upgrade, if you sign up to a new contract or upgrade via phones 4U they are dishing out the N7100, they don't have any N7105's in stock and when they get them they will be exclusively dishing them out to people signing up to new contracts on EE.

If I was with T-Mobile/Orange and got an N7100 through phones 4U when I was meant to get an N7105 I would be very unimpressed.
    this is no news at all. the LTE phones available in UK now are designed to work with EE network 4G frequencies. your taking a big gamble buying one and hoping it will work with a specific network next year. and as s general advice dont believe what the sales representative will tell you. do your research before going into the shop.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Sorry to say but, you're wrong.
    It's well known what frequencies will be used and the n7105 will work on all of them, plus as the op said it has dc-h+ which means you can get unlimited near 4g speeds with all you can eat data from Three for as little as £12.90 pcm.
    It's £509 for the phone.
    £12 to unlock
    Clearly the best option for the money conscious data hog.

And OP you might not be able to get an n7105 from anyone other than EE for sometime, or they might appear tomorrow. It has about the same likelihood of the 32gb version turning up.
    (Actually Samsung might have said the 32 isn't coming? I'm not sure on that one?)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app
    Newbie to this forum or not, I have to say that you could have got your point across without using the last line.
    I believe EE are to blame for not being able to but the N7105 SIM free they must have a deal with Samsung or something. As I work for CPW and we can sell the N7100 on Pay as u go, Pay Monthly and SIM free. Though we can only sell the N7105 on Pay Monthly with EE!

Though we have stopped being able to sell the N7100 on 3 now, they have instructed us not to, I believe this is because they are only stocking the N7105 model themselves so it stops 3rd party companies misselling etc, though it's a shame we can't sell it SIM free....it's very frustrating!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
    Ok so last week I rang up 3 again to ask them when my Note 2 (N7100) will accept their Ultrafast Internet.... Bearing in mind I knew before that it needs to be the N7105, but plenty of their customer service representatives and a manager all stated my phone is 4G ready. After I while I was told yes it Ultrafast Internet available, I asked is that 4G or the DC-HSPDA? I got no where so I raised a complaint after being miss sold a phone, this didn't get me any further, just wasting an hour on the phone with 3s complaints department with an obnoxious customer service representative who hasn't a clue the difference between 3G, DC-HSPDA and 4G....was I surprised no! After an hour she refused to raise my complaint higher, this didn't go down well.

I then got hold of 3s executives customers services department who rang me back today, they are based in Scotland rather than India. The guy basically admitted that 3 had mislead me and offered me the S3 LTE version for 3 as an exchange as they don't sell the Note 2 LTE version. I declined as I don't really want to go backwards, but took the Sony Xperia Z instead as it's the only phone out there other than the Note 2 which is fairly decent.

So I suggest if there is anyone else on 3 and have been told that your model is 4G ready, get it noted on your account and then complain!

:thumbup: