[ROM][01.12.2011][WWE]Jackos S3 WM6.5 21913 + Sense 2.5/2.1|TF3D2.1

Search This thread

iris_aim

Mar 10, 2006
Lahore
Thanks Jackos

Jus wanted to say thanks

ive been on ur rom for couple o weeks now and these are the best of lot...

Thanks Jackos

justince777

Mar 2, 2010
Minnesota
keep coming back

with my addiction of flashing roms:) i tend to try just about all of them but to be honest this is the one that I keep coming back to (jackos s2 full cht). I have had the best results with this rom versus any of them thank you. Now I'm sure I will flash again but I would not be surprised if I keep coming back to this one every time.

iris_aim

Mar 10, 2006
Lahore
of the topic..nbut i wanna know if you guys have tried " uptodate 18.1 " with this rom..cuz i cant get it to work

so far ive figured this out that it has something o do with the rom default internet browser which it uses to render its stuff(its 1.6Gb software for upto date advancement in medicine) and i really want this to work...thought i'd ask here(people say it has something to do with custom roms)

please help me with it if possible

Jackos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open

pjw29

Jul 10, 2008
Lancaster
Ok, So I dont want to start with a critisism, so I wont, THIS ROM IS FAST, I had been trying loads and the only other slightly fast but stable one I was happy-ish with was an old one from Ark666, R3 or something like that, this rom is about 10000% better (no exageration) sorry Ark its true.

Now comes the problem, My music tab is playing silly buggers. It will stop playing the music after around 2 mins of playing, so I cant really enjoy it. I am currently hard reseting to see if I can get it working before I **** it up with my customization,

The Audio_Manager is just generally a bit laggy as it always has been and was wondering how recent a version is it? I have seen this reasonably recent update http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=671204 that was issues for the HD2 that obviously wont work on the rhodium roms, but could it be reverse engineered if it hasn't already?

I have attached a copy of the fix file but PLEASE rename to be exe, sorry rules are there to be twisted its safe, promise!

Thanks

[UPDATE] (Currently none of this update is valid anymore) Ok, as an update, I am currently listening to the music, and its fine after a hard reset, though it means something I installed last time is conflicting. Is there any posibility of the CHT music widgets being a problem? as i experienced the issue with both the music tab and the CHT music things.

[ANOTHER UPDATE] Right scrap what I said above, as soon as I tried shuffle it stopped working! This is the only single issue I have found with an otherwise brilliant rom! - I believe its only happening in standby!

Attachments

• LEO08733.cab
    405.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Showtime7

Dec 31, 2008
Virginia Beach
Hey Jackos I just saw this start menu mod, looks nice... Maybe it will save RAM? I'm going to try it and see how it does. ;)

EDIT: Looks like it saves about 1 MB of RAM... Maybe cook it in a future release? Then again you can't organize it into folders. I don't know I think I will stick with it for the little bit of extra RAM. It certainly opens faster and scrolls faster than the windows start menu.

Last edited:

Jackos

Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
Hey Jackos I just saw this start menu mod, looks nice... Maybe it will save RAM? I'm going to try it and see how it does. ;)

EDIT: Looks like it saves about 1 MB of RAM... Maybe cook it in a future release? Then again you can't organize it into folders. I don't know I think I will stick with it for the little bit of extra RAM. It certainly opens faster and scrolls faster than the windows start menu.
I looked at some other Start Menu for Sense 2.5, but none of them worked with the latest core. I'll check this Kenia one too. Later of course ^^

Jackos

Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
[UPDATE] (Currently none of this update is valid anymore) Ok, as an update, I am currently listening to the music, and its fine after a hard reset, though it means something I installed last time is conflicting. Is there any posibility of the CHT music widgets being a problem? as i experienced the issue with both the music tab and the CHT music things.

[ANOTHER UPDATE] Right scrap what I said above, as soon as I tried shuffle it stopped working! This is the only single issue I have found with an otherwise brilliant rom! - I believe its only happening in standby!
So it does stop the music when you turn on shuffle? :confused:

Hmm, never tried that, I prefer to listen to my songs sorted by albums ;] I'll have a look.

Jackos

Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open

OK, so this actually works, but it doesn't hook the Start Menu button. Just the start menu icon...

pjw29

Jul 10, 2008
Lancaster
So it does stop the music when you turn on shuffle? :confused:

Hmm, never tried that, I prefer to listen to my songs sorted by albums ;] I'll have a look.

Im really not sure, I didnt have time to reflash last night, but it deffinitely didn't play full songs, it just stops playing, leaves the pause button there as if its playing and the time stops increasing. I tested it before i put anything on, so a virgin rom if you will.

The rom is great, but I listen to my music heavily, and was reasonably glad to get away from the iphone styled s2 solution in favor of the sense music tab, CHT and the CHT lockscreen (oooh yeah, that wasnt even activated when it failed.)

Its nice to see CHT cooked in, i tried it as a cab on my last rom and it was the least stab le thing ever, it needed around 20 soft resets today, cooked into your rom is 100% stable! congrats

Jackos

Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
Its nice to see CHT cooked in, i tried it as a cab on my last rom and it was the least stab le thing ever, it needed around 20 soft resets today, cooked into your rom is 100% stable! congrats
Man, it's soooo heavy X_X That's why I cooked a SkrobPRO ROM, it's the latest CHT that fits our devices. CHT1.8.5 is a bit too sluggish for me. Maybe someday I'll switch back.

pjw29

Jul 10, 2008
Lancaster
Man, it's soooo heavy X_X That's why I cooked a SkrobPRO ROM, it's the latest CHT that fits our devices. CHT1.8.5 is a bit too sluggish for me. Maybe someday I'll switch back.

If you think that is slow, you should try and see the rhodium handle the android sense ui, now that is slow, I find that 1.8.5 has a reasonable enough pace, what would features would I loose going back down to 1.7 or whichever it is in SkrobPRO?

Jackos

Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
Is there already a Android rom with Sense released? Hmm, I should give a shot.

If you install SkrobPRO instead of JackFULL you lose the HTC messager client, tasks on home screen and the music player on home screen.

pjw29

Jul 10, 2008
Lancaster
Im afraid that you will try it, youll think it looks really pretty, then you will throw your phone at the wall cos it runs soooooo slow, and then you will go out and buy a hero or something! Then you wont be able to fix roms for me! lol

Dont think i could sacrifice the music player from CHT, i love having it on my lockscreen, which if i remember correctly thats a new feature too, is that on SkrobPRO?

pjw29

Jul 10, 2008
Lancaster
Hmmm, so I have you repeated my issue? I am on a unbranded uk rhodium as far as I am aware, just incase that helps. Thanks

Showtime7

Dec 31, 2008
Virginia Beach
OK, so this actually works, but it doesn't hook the Start Menu button. Just the start menu icon...
Start menu button? Oh that's right I don't have one of those :p Keyboard remap can't do this??

Also yes Android is horrid on the Rhodium... Especially with SenseUI. I tried it and I kid you not almost tossed my Rhodium across the room.

Last edited:

Jackos

Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
Hahhaa, stupid T-mobile version ;D :cool:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can map this Start Menu to a button with a keyboard remapped. No time to search for it now ;)

Busy with the start menu and packing for a move.

Jackos

Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
LOL, I just watched a T-mobile Touch Pro2 review... You have access to a MicroSD slot outside the cover... And a nice hole to reset the device without removing the cover X_X Pff, I'm so jealous... :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please read the fifth post before flashing my ROM.

Download:
    Jackos ROM repository

GSM ONLY, DO NOT FLASH ON CDMA

All those roms have exact the same base, just some components are changed to fit anyone.

Goals for my ROMs: (ordered by importance, descending)
    1. Reliability
    2. Battery life
    3. No memory-leak (or at least trying to minimize this issue)
    4. Memory friendly, multitasking ability
    5. Stock speed

ROM versions explained:

JackFULL
    - CHT2.0.0

JackFULL legacy
    - CHT1.8.5

SkrobPRO
    - CHT1.7.1

ManilaRUSH
    - Sense 2.5 only (4 column quick links [CHT1.6.1])

ShowLITE
    - Sense 2.5 only

SmartMOVE (bonus release)
    - Sense 2.1 only (some mods to make it feel like Sense 2.5)

SleekBASIC (bonus release 2)
    - TF3D 2.1 only
    Hi Jackos. First of all thanks for nice clean ROM, seems to me works pretty well for my needs. Just one little strange problem. I can not find SIM Manager anywhere. Am using Vodafone in Ireland. Have you any idea why?

The SIM mangager is present in the system (as \Windows\SIM_MGR.exe), only a link is not placed in the Start Menu. A quick fix is:
    Copy a file \Windows\SIM_MGR.lnk into \Windows\Start Menu\Programs (or subfolder of Programs) and you will have it in Start Menu.

Or you can go to Windows Contacts (Start Menu -> Outlook -> Contacts) then Menu -> Sim Manager

hey guys dont forget to thank jackos,seem and other great people
    use the new thx button dont be afraid just remember that you have 5 thx per day (didnt read about that till i wasted mine lol) ;)

Seems like the "thanks" feature works only in new xda layout. I was about to write that it disapeared but I still work in the old style (I got used to it...).
    I finished compiling, compressing and uploading all my 1.6.0 roms.

No big changes for this releases, but a lot of work has been done to improve my kitchen. Also a new visual change is to be noticed together with a StartMenu grid changer developed by ultrashot and featuring my layouts. There aren't many of them, but I may release a cab file to insert more possibilities.

For EVO roms the WM6.5.x build has changed to 21690. This is just a cosmetic change - I'm a huge fan of ultrashots work and if he picked this build there must be a reason for that :D Nevermind, I didn't find any downsides of this build so lets keep it for a while ;)

Standard cleanup as always.

Have fun and enjoy my latest releases, feedback is always welcome (especially if there are any complaints :D)!
    Hello Jackos,
    do you think you can keep the promised timeline for releasing S3 this weekend?
    I'm very eager to try your new ROM!
    I don't want to strain you, I'm just a big fan and every time I try another cooker's work I always repent and come back running to this thread...

I don't know yet. Got 5 out of 6 roms finished.
    In regards to the question about Android not running. It is probably due to the overclocking. If you disable the OCT first, then Android should work. (I had the same problem)

Sent from my MSM using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

Good to know, makes sense because Android does overclock the device too.

Thanks and have a nice day :)