[9001][Help] Continuous auto focus video camera

Search This thread

BackDaws

Oct 19, 2011
England
can it be done ? if so how hard is it and why isnt anyone jumping all over this, its a feature that everyone with the Galaxy S and S plus must want ?

acdindia

Apr 15, 2011
I thought this problem will be addressed... I don't think why devs are overlooking it.... Maybe they don't have time to consider this problem in our not so popular handset....

although, Lukiqq tried to help us out, but it didn't work...

C'mon devs, help us out... :)

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium

Reactions: King28 and BackDaws

acdindia

Apr 15, 2011
Heh heh.... Yeah... Interested people are good, interested developers would be awesome... :)

Sent from my GT-I9001 using XDA Premium

MrAndroid12

Mar 30, 2011
Auckland
Guys... i9001 is using exactly the same camera sensor as i9000 - ce147 from NEC. The only difference is its driver in kernel and fw [libcamera.so] (but that shouldn't count in the case of continous AF), and finally camera firmware which is located in /system/firmware. You can try to replace files in that directory with those from the most recent i9000 fw and update them with command: *#*#34971539#*#* and choosing "Phone to CAM FW Write" option. After that continous AF function should work ;) If not, replace Camera.apk from i9000 too.

Good luck!

EDIT:

Latest i9000 camera firmware files are now attached to this post. You may try to push them to your device and flash camera firmware with command: *#*#34971539#*#* and choosing "Phone to CAM FW Write" option.

works well

sgsI9003

Mar 13, 2011
New Delhi
I just make 2 another Videos..i just can say, the AF is extrem SLOW... and sometimes its work and sometimes not...I dont know why:confused:

1. Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25nF9hn6Gjs

2. Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlVYQmowO4I
These video show that you dont understand how autofocus works.
Contrast detection is used in samsung phone so if the contrast is low or shooting in low light then you will have slow focusing where as in high contrast it will be working fine.

After looking 1st video your contrast is too low & moreover you are taking the camera too close, you need macro mode to be used.

2nd video proves that auto focus is working fine but when you focus on indoor wall (right side) it fails to focus again due to low contrast.

So in nutshell I can say the auto focus is working fine, I had similar problems reported for i9003 phones but auto focus was not the problem. I shoot lots of view with my phone & never face problem unless I am in low contrast lighting.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts