[ROM] // NexusMod ICS 2 Zero // [RETIRED]

Search This thread

Bionic Beast

Apr 24, 2011
Actually, the battery charged icon is not AOSP at all. It would need to be removed to be considered AOSP.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Lol you got me there, but ive actually come to like the icon and how the screen turns on real quick to let you know its at 100%. Saves me from leaving the phone on the charger the whole night. If it was ICS blue however, itd be perfect!

Just curious,

does everyone else who is running this ROM experience a very slight delay when you press the home button? It's definitely present and I'm just curious if I am the only one.

Do you mean pressing the home button while in an app or what circumstance did you mean?

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Seriously? This is your concern? Wow!

The man wants to fix it himself, he shouldnt be chastised about it, you should be helpful instead of bashing people trying to add some improvements to the ROM. Just my two cents

M0D1441

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2011
ATX
My email keeps crashing like every min when I flash update. Everything works flawlessly on beta 7.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Its a full wipe update either that or you clear exchange and email data and cache before flash

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Razor1973

Jun 23, 2006
Florida
I am pretty sure it is an Instagram thing, not a ROM issue. It never worked on several ROMs, even stock for me.
Really? It's just odd how the same IG version is working for some people on this ROM and not others? I have had about 4 different ROM's on my Skyrocket already and IG has worked fine, as it does on my LG G2x and HTC Desire Z. Odd.

chompy630

Apr 10, 2012
Anyone else get a fc when trying to add weather to the lock screen?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

buff23

Jan 26, 2008
Any news regarding the 14/15 toggle mod? Perhaps add as flash able update.

This is the one thing that would complete this ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

RiPpeR_dUdE

Aug 16, 2006
ATX
Interesting update on the AOSP patch.... while I haven't experienced a single problem this entire week... SUDDENLY today after I had used my phone multiple times (for calls) I began experiencing the FC problem with the dialer; related to the Contacts issue other's have referenced. This along with the data connectivity problem; i.e. where you have full signal but do not receive any SMS or calls.

Basically what I have observed and seems very strange..... its almost like a "timer" within the system in which everything works fine for days (a week or so) then suddenly "issue's" begin to occur. Only thing I can attribute this to is its a leaked version.

desilva79

Jul 1, 2011
Here are the original apks that the AOSP patch replaces for those that need them. DO NOT flash it, use root explorer/etc instead, hahaha.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/69808913/Apps.zip

Thanks Jessical. Restored my gmail. I hated the black background. In case anyone is curious to what I did to restore it. I found a post on the forum and followed it

Here is what I did step by step and it worked lik a charm.

1. Download gmail.apk to sd card
2. Used titanium back up and uninstalled existing gmail
3. Opened root explorer (most recent version) and opened sd card
4. Long pressed new gmail.apk and seleceted copy
5. Backed out and went to system/app (mount r/w was already selected)
6. Selected paste to paste the new gmail.apk.
It worked without needing an install or reboot. I dunno why maybe I just got lucky
Good luck,

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

aznrice2k4

May 27, 2010
Chi-Town
Interesting update on the AOSP patch.... while I haven't experienced a single problem this entire week... SUDDENLY today after I had used my phone multiple times (for calls) I began experiencing the FC problem with the dialer; related to the Contacts issue other's have referenced. This along with the data connectivity problem; i.e. where you have full signal but do not receive any SMS or calls.

Basically what I have observed and seems very strange..... its almost like a "timer" within the system in which everything works fine for days (a week or so) then suddenly "issue's" begin to occur. Only thing I can attribute this to is its a leaked version.

I had exactly the same issue. What caused this was when I tried to use call from Google Maps. Then all of a sudden Phone and Contacts would FC even after multiple reboots. I had to install the rom.

RaudelJr

Dec 10, 2007
is the Build 2 Rev.12 (Beta 12) a non wipe update or a full complete update?

DO I have to install Build 1 first and then Build 2 after?

Please advice.

Raudel

Turbojugend

Jun 1, 2010
Halifax
I had exactly the same issue. What caused this was when I tried to use call from Google Maps. Then all of a sudden Phone and Contacts would FC even after multiple reboots. I had to install the rom.

Same thing for me, in the middle of a call, it dropped, they called me back and it rang, answered it, no sound, they couldn't hear me.

Reboot, tried a few things, nothing, had to restore. Anybody have any idea's?

Last edited:

cmlohff

May 6, 2009
is the Build 2 Rev.12 (Beta 12) a non wipe update or a full complete update?

DO I have to install Build 1 first and then Build 2 after?

Please advice.

Raudel

If you are currently running beta 7 of this ROM then you can get away without a full wipe but it is not advised. If you are not running beta 7 it is full wipe. I did a full wipe just to be sure and everything is running perfectly.

trajik78

Mar 27, 2012
New York City
great ROM.

think it would be useful to have a reserved posting up top for known issues?

as for myself it be great to know if something is still being worked on, or is notably broken from a build.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction to ROM
    -M0D1441

// NexusMod 5 //
    [UCLF6/4.0.4]

Features

-AT&T UCLF2 (Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4)
    -No CIQ
    -Debloated
    -Deodexed
    -Zipaligned
    -Legit battery life
    -Crazy Fast
    -Minimal Touchwiz apps
    -Awesome build.prop tweaks
    -Custom Samsung Messaging from UnNamed ROM (Thank you gtg465x)
    -CM9 Ringtones
    -Kernal: romracer's Unsecure ICS Kernel (thank you romracer)
    -CM9 Trebuchet Launcher
    -No AT&T logo in Status Bar

Included Apps

Apps
    -Quick Settings (Tip: Hold Search)
    -Titanium Backup
    -Rom Manager

Like my ROM? Hit thanks! It takes great dedication and effort to create NexusMod, and a simple thanks can show that you appreciate what I do ;)
    Downloads and Installation

// Downloads //

NexusMod 5 (UCLF6)
    Packages marked with UPDATE are set not to wipe.

[Initial Release] Build 5 Rev.0
    Wipe Advised

Radios

I727UCLF6

// NexusMod Changelog //

Code:
    [CENTER] Build 5 Rev.0

-BLUH
    -BLUH
    -BLUH[/CENTER]

// How to Install NexusMod //

1) Download ROM
    2) Place on SD Card
    3) Boot into ClockWorkMod Recovery Touch (Hold Volume Down + Volume Up* + Power until first SAMSUNG logo disappears) *If on AT&T
    4) "wipe data/factory reset"
    5) "wipe catch partition"
    6) Go to "mounts and storage" and "format system"
    7) Go to "advanced" and "Wipe Dalvik Cache"
    8) "install zip from sdcard" then "choose zip from sdcard" and navigate to the ROM and install
    9) "reboot system now" and enjoy! First boot will take longer than usual

Some Lengthening letters. The non +10char way.​
    Special Thanks

// Special Thanks //

I'd like to give special thanks to the following people. Without them this ROM wouldn't have been possible.

romracer
    DesignGears
    My Therapist :p

By popular request, I have added a donation button
    As i make ROMS for my own pleasure, I do not dare ask for them, but any donation is greatly appreciated :D
    Is there any way to take the theming and apps from this and apply them to the new leak? I'm say this won't be updated since the new leak is a much bigger improvement than the previous was.

Which makes sense because the last one was built like two weeks after the first leak and the new one was built like 6 weeks after.
    Alright, As soon as i get my hands on romracer's base and kernel, NexusMod ICS/Zero 2 is coming :)
    Thanks a bunch MOD! This ROM is running excellent on my T989 with Yaldak's rotate fix and M&S ICS LB7 radio.

For all you guys that want ICS Apps like Contacts and Phone dialer and MMS and what not download the file I included. It includes a bunch of inverted ICS Apps from **Dan_Brutal's** ROM so THANK HIM!

Go check his ICS ROM out as well over at Rootzwiki: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/24434-alpharomsiriusbicsdeficient-development/

These Apps work nice on NexusMod B12 so big props to him.

To download the AOSP files: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39522592/AOSP Patch.zip

List of included apps from HIS rom:
    MMS
    Browser
    Contacts
    Phone
    Camera
    Desk Clock
    Music
    Gmail
    Play Store
    Talk