[CWM] CWM-based Recovery for RK3188/RK3066/RK2928/RK2926/RK2918/RK2906

Search This thread

Notonlyeyes

Mar 19, 2012
Hello I finally managed (wrong to give commands to the terminal),
I did wipe all ok and then made ​​a backup for recovery test ...
but says Md5 dismatch!
What could be wrong?

Edit: Now forcing a little did the restore!
I think my mistake was to save the backup on extsd ... now put in the internal memory .. it works. :)

- backup could be damaged
- verify the correct assembly of sd after a reboot
- 1 solution : delete the file nandroid.md5 = risky for restore phone
- 2 solution : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=714114

prav3955

Sep 10, 2013
help

i need to root my i ball slide 6309i tablet which is RK2928sdk android 4.1.1 .....please give me link so i can root

speechless

Dec 5, 2006
i need to root my i ball slide 6309i tablet which is RK2928sdk android 4.1.1 .....please give me link so i can root
here we go
- connect to USB (make sure USB debugging enabled and don't mount the mass storage device)
- The option to activate debugging you find under settings and then development options
-You will find that RK2926 is recognized in the Device Manager and the drivers will be installed (It worked for me in Windows 7 / 8 )
- If your Computer doesn't recognize your device you must Install the ADB driver by yourself
- Usually Universal ADB drivers here work http://adbdriver.com/
download adbtools (google it)
3 download root.bat from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhsvca9epfv53ld/ROOT_icood70pro.zip

Just run the root.bat and your device will be rooted after the device restarts. You can verify your root Access with root checker from the market.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Anyone know where to get the drivers for the RK2928 usb mode for debugging.

Sent from my MID704 using xda app-developers app

http://adbdriver.com/

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Hello could you tell me how to install it because I can not get adb to recognize ...:confused:

http://adbdriver.com/

Reactions: Il Gerry

prav3955

Sep 10, 2013
I tried but it saying no space left on device...I'm having full space nothing installed..I did tried factory reset

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda app-developers app

prav3955

Sep 10, 2013
Hey guys I rooted my tablet I ball slide 6309i with rk2928sdk...but generik image not working for me...I need cwm recovery...plz help

Sent from my GT-S7562

speechless

Dec 5, 2006
Hey guys I rooted my tablet I ball slide 6309i with rk2928sdk...but generik image not working for me...I need cwm recovery...plz help

Sent from my GT-S7562
did u use those steps ?

extract flash_image and recovery.img from CWM.zip
put flash_image and recovery.img into device, e.g.

adb push flash_image /dev/
adb push recovery.img /dev/

enter root shell
flash recovery.img into recovery partition with flash_image, e.g.

chmod 755 /dev/flash_image
/dev/flash_image recovery /dev/recovery.img

prav3955

Sep 10, 2013
did u use those steps ?

extract flash_image and recovery.img from CWM.zip
put flash_image and recovery.img into device, e.g.

enter root shell

i used in cmd....it says adb not recognisde command partition or path

speechless

Dec 5, 2006
i used in cmd....it says adb not recognisde command partition or path

install adb driver if u already did but adbtools folder in C open cmd as admin type :
cd c:/adb and enter then type adb devices if u get numbers it means ur adb can see ur phone continue normaly

enter root shell

if adb cant see ur device try this unplug ur cable press power+volume up or down to go to bootloader if u get blank screen its ok plug in cable
open cmd and type commands u did b4

prav3955

Sep 10, 2013
Thanks for that....I will try...but I'm having only volume up down and power key...no home or back key...is it better to install cwm touch

Sent from my GT-S7562

saleandoli@aol.com

May 8, 2012
West Valley
I used the generic cwm since there was no devixe specific for my tablet though I did post a link to my original firmware.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

mscreater

Jul 12, 2012
weibo.com
http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/
2013/1/19
update updater-script
add images for MK802III and UG007

latest stock rom for MK802III and UG007 has /system/etc/install-recovery.sh. it restores stock recovery on every boot. then, you need to disable it e.g.

Code:
chmod 644 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

otherwise, installed CWM is erased and stock recovery is restored after reboot.

I added above code into updater-script in all my CWM.zip. if you install CWM.zip from CWM or adb sideload, it will be done automatically.
if you flash recovery.img from shell or rk tools, you need to do it manually.
if you update your device, install-recovery.sh may be re-enabled. then, you need to disable it again.

----
at this time all images are updated, but only updater-script in zip is changed. if you already installed CWM, no need to install this version.

can you share your cwm device config , i build a cwm recovery but can't enter into cwm, don't know if my config is wrong, i use cm10.1 branch.

cistamlaka

Apr 9, 2012
Zagreb
I have rooted Yuandao N90S with rockchip 3066 dual core.How can I install this CWM recovery?How to boot in stock recovery?Can I flash it with RKAndroid.exe like in the screenshot below.I just press flash rom after I select only recovery option and recovery.img.Can I do it while my tablet is just connected to pc with usb or do I need to boot in flash mode?

Attachments

• cwm.jpg
    cwm.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 186

saleandoli@aol.com

May 8, 2012
West Valley
Usually mods for custom rom can be found in the same thread as the custom rom. Or you can do a search for them depending on which forum you found the rom on.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit: Link removed
    all credit goes to original CWM author koush and all its contributors. but they have no responsibility for this CWM-based Recovery. use this CWM-based Recovery at your own risk.

this CWM-based Recovery can write raw MTD partition such as kernel, boot, and recovery on RK3188, RK3066, RK2928, RK2926, RK2918, and RK2906 devices without any problem. this can be installed without Windows.

if you want to install zip with edify script which writes something to raw MTD partition, you have to use update-binary and/or flash_image included in this CWM-based Recovery image.

please see my site for detail.
    * Known issues (2013/2/11)

- timestamp
    backup may be named as 1970-01-01.xx.xx.xx. it's just a directory name on SD card. please rename it.

- dump_image
    it says "mtd: read error (No such file or directory)" at the end. please ignore it, it should not be a problem.

* How to controll

- mouse
    move up/down: up/down
    left click: select
    right click: back

- keyboard
    cursor up/down: up/down
    cursor left/enter: select
    cursor right: back

- touch screen
    swipe up/down: up/down
    swipe left: select
    swipe right: back

- button
    volume up/down: up/down
    power: select
    back: back

- remote controller
    up/down: up/down
    left/ok: select
    back: back
    * about tools to make device specific image

you can use any tools which can be used to make custom rom for Rockchip devices. I'm using rkunpack, rkcrc, unpackbootimg, and mkbootimg.

if you don't know how to make custom rom for Rockchip devices, please ask google. many developers are already making custom rom for Rockchip devices, many information is already floating around.
    hi all

I'm sorry that there is no activity for a long time. now I can get some spare time to do some things.

I'm sure a lot of requests/questions are posted on here, PM, and via contact form on my site. but sorry, I can't answer everything at once.
    there are many things todo, I have to refresh my machine, my brain and my code, etc.
    (and, as you know, I'm just an individual person who like this as a hobby, please don't expect too much)

if you still have interest about my work (thanks!), please give me some more time.

thank you for your cooperation!
    following device specific images are added (as 20130213 release)

Amerry Android Stick 2.0
    ARCHOS 80 XS
    bq Curie
    CnM TouchPad 10.1DC
    GOCLEVER TAB R83 MINI
    GOCLEVER TAB R83.2/R83.3 MINI
    PiPO S2
    PiPO S2 (new camera)
    PiPO S2 3G
    PiPO S3
    Ployer MOMO8
    Teclast P88

many other images will be added within few days (hopefully)...