[Q] Is there a way to make google maps works ?

Search This thread

Baltyre

Feb 4, 2010
Hi.
I try to use google maps with no success yet.
I use null rom, and share location with GearLocationBridge (and muck location is enabled)

Google maps launch but i cannot locate myself on the map.
On launch it says i must allow google app to use my location.

I didn't see the location menu on the parameters app from the gear, but i can get to it using google maps, and the sliders for allowing to use my location is ON.
But it didn't seems to have any effect.

I tried with both Maps 6 and 7.

Someone have a idea ?

tony yayo

Oct 15, 2010
Chicago
Hi.
I try to use google maps with no success yet.
I use null rom, and share location with GearLocationBridge (and muck location is enabled)

Google maps launch but i cannot locate myself on the map.
On launch it says i must allow google app to use my location.

I didn't see the location menu on the parameters app from the gear, but i can get to it using google maps, and the sliders for allowing to use my location is ON.
But it didn't seems to have any effect.

I tried with both Maps 6 and 7.

Someone have a idea ?

Maybe because the gear doesn't have a built in gps?

gambit3rd

Jul 10, 2008
There is no offline map program to install on the smartphone so the Gear can get the turn-by-turn text notifications? Maps is not supported as we know. Tried TomTom. I can activate notifications but... TomTom has no notifications at all, lol. Maybe Sygic? Anyone tried it?

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012
There is no offline map program to install on the smartphone so the Gear can get the turn-by-turn text notifications? Maps is not supported as we know. Tried TomTom. I can activate notifications but... TomTom has no notifications at all, lol. Maybe Sygic? Anyone tried it?

I tried Sygic with an older version of Null ROM, the app was starting fine without the maps (but gave an error that they are missing) and when i installed the maps i only got black screen and crash..

gambit3rd

Jul 10, 2008
I tried Sygic with an older version of Null ROM, the app was starting fine without the maps (but gave an error that they are missing) and when i installed the maps i only got black screen and crash..

It seems that some Sygic version is FC on some Note 3. On mine it crashes too. Should try Waze.

I'm on stock rom and unrooted for now. Got the watch a couple days ago so still messing with stock rom. Don't know if I could really get beneficts from Null rom for my kind of use.