Tethering / hotspot not working on stock 4.4.2

Search This thread

boxcar8028

Mar 15, 2011
Seattle, WA
Tethering and portable hotspot does not work with my stock 4.4.2. It would just error and gray out. But the odd thing is that tethering works find with bluetooth and when i install a custom rom like cyanogenmod 11 the hotspot would works just find. I google this problem and it seems to be common but I can't seem to fine any answers to this. Any help is most appreciated.

PsychDrummer

Nov 29, 2012
Tethering and portable hotspot does not work with my stock 4.4.2. It would just error and gray out. But the odd thing is that tethering works find with bluetooth and when i install a custom rom like cyanogenmod 11 the hotspot would works just find. I google this problem and it seems to be common but I can't seem to fine any answers to this. Any help is most appreciated.

What provider are you on and does your plan support it? I feel as though it shouldn't grey it out, but just not work if your plan does not support it. I'm on 4.4.2 and T-Mobile and I have no trouble with it.

Reactions: boxcar8028

boxcar8028

Mar 15, 2011
Seattle, WA
What provider are you on and does your plan support it? I feel as though it shouldn't grey it out, but just not work if your plan does not support it. I'm on 4.4.2 and T-Mobile and I have no trouble with it.

Thanks for your reply. I'm also with T-Mobile and my account is in good order and my plan does support tethering. I think its something with my settings in stock 4.4.2. Im hoping that 4.4.3 will fix it because I really like stock Kit Kat.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.