[Q] Battery Life

Search This thread

racer25x

Feb 26, 2011
Hola :)

I looked around and didn't see any threads dedicated to this, so I hope it's not a duplicate.

After rooting and doing the ad-hoc wifi patch, the battery life is one of my few remaining complaints about the a100

Some of the reviews that I've read (for other devices that have received a stock ICS update) have mentioned noticeably improved battery life. I was wondering if anybody who's tried out any of the leaked updates has noticed an improvement and if so, you wouldn't mind sharing some stats to give the rest of us an idea of what to expect.

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
I noticed an improvement in battery life by quite a bit, after upgrading to ICS, but as with a lot of things battery life is subjective. Spend all day gaming and your battery life will take a massive hammering. I don't game a lot on mine but I use it like a laptop and I guess I get a decent day out of it with full brightness and a fair bit of YouTube

There's so,e tweaks to the build.prop on ICS that add some helpings to the battery life, also if you're rooted you can use setCPU etc to lower the screen off CPU freq thus saving battery there:)

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

Reactions: racer25x

luthifer

Dec 29, 2011
Spanish Town
I haven't really noticed any huge difference in battery life when it comes to heavy usage. I get around 4 - 4.5 hours of gaming at medium low brightness. I think with the custom build prop I get more standby time and more battery life for light usage on wifi, however, I find the best way to get the most out of my battery is use airplane mode for gaming and readding.

NoSudo

Feb 2, 2012
Kalifornia
I noticed battery management changes in general. It seems more efficient at conservation. It also shows you what apps are consuming your battery in settings now.

Reactions: racer25x

racer25x

Feb 26, 2011
Thanks for the feedback. Now that I've read that the devs are working on a CM9 release, I'm totally willing to wait to see what goodness they have in store for us!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I noticed an improvement in battery life by quite a bit, after upgrading to ICS, but as with a lot of things battery life is subjective. Spend all day gaming and your battery life will take a massive hammering. I don't game a lot on mine but I use it like a laptop and I guess I get a decent day out of it with full brightness and a fair bit of YouTube

There's so,e tweaks to the build.prop on ICS that add some helpings to the battery life, also if you're rooted you can use setCPU etc to lower the screen off CPU freq thus saving battery there:)

Sent from my A500 using xda premium
    I noticed battery management changes in general. It seems more efficient at conservation. It also shows you what apps are consuming your battery in settings now.