[Q] Where is the One X's ambient light sensor?

Search This thread

jaaystott

Feb 9, 2011
Chelsea
www.twitter.com
If you call someone, take a look at the front of your phone. You will see a steady red glow from the top left of your screen, this is where the proximity and ambient light sensor are housed.

Reactions: Supaiku

adamgaltress

Nov 13, 2011
Nottingham
It helps if you angle the phone, you can see that there is almost like a rectangle hole in the paint behind the glass

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Reactions: Supaiku

schriss

Feb 6, 2006
Dublin
If you want to easily see it, enable Face Unlock, then try to unlock your phone in complete darkness, you will see that little red light comes on to the left of HTC logo.

Lawliet

Sep 6, 2008
London
That light seems to be permanently on after I had a viber call. Any ways to turn it off

Edit.: the cause was NotifierPro. Fixed it.

Last edited:

Frepa_AL

Oct 31, 2010
Tirane
www.panci-electronic.com
HTC One X sensors

If you call someone, take a look at the front of your phone. You will see a steady red glow from the top left of your screen, this is where the proximity and ambient light sensor are housed.
Dear Sir!
Do you mean the sensor activated during a phone call? My HTC one X last time has an abnormal behavior when I place a phone call. Normally when you move the phone away of hear it should turn on the screen back light so you are able to hang up the phone call. But my phone still be black after moving away from the hear so I need to push power button to activate the screen back-light and than hang up the phone call. Could somebody help me out on this issue? Any kind of help shall be much appreciated.
Best regards
Fredi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Left of the HTC logo above the screen. It is also where the proximity sensor is.
    It helps if you angle the phone, you can see that there is almost like a rectangle hole in the paint behind the glass

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium