I9300 doesn't read sim card

Search This thread

lukasrsn

Apr 24, 2014
Hello, I just bought samsung galaxy s3 and tryed to put in sim card, but it doesn't recognize it. I tryed to do factory reset lot of times but it doesn't helped it still writting no sim card. I tryed to put in my friends card who is in other network, so I think its not a sim slot problem. First think - it locked. Today I went to the salon of my operator and they sayed that my phone is not locked or black listed, so maybe somebody knows the solution for it ?
Really sorry for my english
Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

lukasrsn

Apr 24, 2014
It worked for me for a while, but after one night I saw the message that phone lost my sim card and need to be rebooted

lukasrsn

Apr 24, 2014
Maybe I need to change kernel or something else ? I'm new on android and I realy need help :eek:

dxppxd

Feb 6, 2012
Proble might be hardware: sim slot or sim card. Does your sim work on other phones? Do other sims work on your phone?

If its software, a fresh firmware flash with wipes should fix it.

lukasrsn

Apr 24, 2014
I tryed to put sim to my brothers galaxy s2 and it worked, and we tryed to put other network sim to my phone and its too worked, but sim with the same carier like my didn't worked, if its a software can u give me link where I can find tutorial how to fix it ? :)

dxppxd

Feb 6, 2012
I've known some weird bug to happen (1 in a million or more) where a specific sim won't work on a specific phone, a friend working for movistar had that happen. Don't know why, just that sim won't work in that phone. They had to make a duplicate of the sim with a different format.

Check with your carrier to see if a different sim might work. And make sure its not a problem with the phone being locked.

James5q

Nov 12, 2011
Can you tell us. Is the phone 2nd hand or brand new?

I was thinking that if it is 2nd hand, maybe the previous owner flashed Custom Roms and may have damaged the 'EFS partition' when they flashed Stock firmware back onto the device before selling to you.

lukasrsn

Apr 24, 2014
I tryed to put in maybe 4 cards with the same carrier and it didn't worked, yes phone is for 2nd hands :/

lukasrsn

Apr 24, 2014
I have done that thing with kies but it didn't helped :/

dxppxd

Feb 6, 2012
Now, when you say it doesn't recognize the sim cards, do you get a "sim not inserted" message?
Or does it recognize the sim but won't allow making calls or connecting to mobile data?

You say with different carrier (your friends sim card) it works. But with your sim card and others from the same carrier it doesn't work. That sounds just like a network locked phone.

lukasrsn

Apr 24, 2014
Now, when you say it doesn't recognize the sim cards, do you get a "sim not inserted" message?
Or does it recognize the sim but won't allow making calls or connecting to mobile data?

You say with different carrier (your friends sim card) it works. But with your sim card and others from the same carrier it doesn't work. That sounds just like a network locked phone.

When I turning it on it loading about minute and in that place where is network bars is pic like phone blocked I think, but after loading it shows me a perfect connection, but in my task bar writting "No SIM" and under it with lower letter "Insert SIM card". On the lock screen is too writting "No SIM card - Emergency calls only"

I know that it's sounds like network locked, but I was gone to the salon operator and they sayed me that phone is not locked, but I did not understand, or only to their network, or general. Where can check it ?

paulsm

Aug 10, 2013
I tryed to put sim to my brothers galaxy s2 and it worked, and we tryed to put other network sim to my phone and its too worked, but sim with the same carier like my didn't worked, if its a software can u give me link where I can find tutorial how to fix it ? :)

This totally looks like a sim locked phone.

What you already know is that the phone works with your brother's sim card, so the phone works with your brother's carrier. You know it doesn't work with your sim card or any other sim card of your carrier.

But you are still not sure if it is a simlock.

Just check with a sim card from another different carrier (one that is not your carrier, nor your brother's carrier). If the phone is simlocked it shouldn't work with that 3rd carrier.

lukasrsn

Apr 24, 2014

This totally looks like a sim locked phone.

What you already know is that the phone works with your brother's sim card, so the phone works with your brother's carrier. You know it doesn't work with your sim card or any other sim card of your carrier.

But you are still not sure if it is a simlock.

Just check with a sim card from another different carrier (one that is not your carrier, nor your brother's carrier). If the phone is simlocked it shouldn't work with that 3rd carrier.

Yea, it worked :(( but I'm not understand why my network operator sayed that it not locked ://
maybe somebody have an idea how to unlock it by my self ? I tryed: GalaxSim Unlock ; SGS Unlock Tool ; Galaxy S Unlock but no of them work in my phone, it just stuck and I need restart my phone :///