N7105 factory mode

Search This thread

skyred5

Feb 9, 2013
Hi guys, i seriously need help here. Please refer to attached screenshot.

I came here after flashing sokp 4.2.2 rom, and it prompted me an error saying encryption was unsuccessful. After which, i wasnt able to use my phone since then.

I tried to flash stock rom, and I end up with this. Please dont tell me to search the forums because Ive been to them countless times. I suppose this is a efs issue, because baseband and imei are unknown and I do not have a backup for it. Tried with the writing tool for imei, doesnt work as well.

Pls ask me for any info u might need/i missed out to help with this issue.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 159
S

sawdoctor

I think it's in the efs folder, you have to use a root browser and edit factory mode to off instead of on. It's been a long time since I saw factory mode so I'm not 100%

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

skyred5

Feb 9, 2013
I think it's in the efs folder, you have to use a root browser and edit factory mode to off instead of on. It's been a long time since I saw factory mode so I'm not 100%

Thanks for your reply. But even if I off factory mode, will the baseband and imei be unknown?

S

sawdoctor

I'm not sure but if it doesn't the 2 things that might be worth trying are, emergency firmware recovery with kies or mskips toolkit has a rescue package but I think you have to go to skipsoft.net now as the thread was closed

driqbd

Apr 13, 2011
It's current value is "OFF"...u have to write "ON"...i know it sounds weird but that is the value. Amd if u don't have any previous back up of EFS then there's nothing u can do at home to bring it back. Same thing happened to mine and i got it repaired from a local shop for cheap...they used z3x box...the problem is my IMEI is correct and network works fine...but everytime i flash a ROM i have to take it to the shop and get the modem patched or else it doesn't connect to network. So go to Samsung service centre and get it fixed by them...they'll charge u more but their fix is permanent.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

skyred5

Feb 9, 2013
Alright, it seems like i have a backup of the efs, bt the nv_data.bin file is not included, and i read on other threads that this file is responsible for the imei and all? This backup is dated in aug2013, but it doesnt help in restoring my phone because the efs pro software doesnt see this as a backup file. Im actually looking for one of the thread that actually taught how to edit the nv_data.bin file, but no luck till date.

skyred5

Feb 9, 2013
is it safe to flash the file that is intended for i9300? i dare not do that in case it doesnt work coz is different models.

skyred5

Feb 9, 2013
ok my phone's all fixed up now. If anyone is interested to know, samsung kies original firmware helped.