What do you guys think about this deal (Asap)

Search This thread

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
But that's my worry do you think lg might not get root??

That's why I kinda held back..?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Not the best source but, http://www.droidviews.com/root-lg-g3-using-one-click-root-tool/

In the article:

The root tool has been tested on the Korean model of the G3 (F400K) but we have no doubt that it’ll also work on other variants like International G3 (D855), Sprint G3 (LS990), Verizon G3 (VS985), AT&T G3 (D850), T-Mobile G3 (D851), Canadian G3 (LG-D852) and others.

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
Thanks, oh god..?what are the chances of it having a locked boot loader?? I mean have they done this b4?

There's always a chance, no one really knows. You would have to wait for someone to get their hands on the tmobile version and test it out. In the mean time, you could always just use a $50 Lumia 510.

Slicktune

May 7, 2010
There's always a chance, no one really knows. You would have to wait for someone to get their hands on the tmobile version and test it out. In the mean time, you could always just use a $50 Lumia 510.

Thanks but I will be using my moms s4 for the time being (mmmm lots of luscious aosp Roms) still don't know If I should do it, do you as well have the s5 thinking of another phone?

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
Thanks but I will be using my moms s4 for the time being (mmmm lots of luscious aosp Roms) still don't know If I should do it, do you as well have the s5 thinking of another phone?

No, I'm perfectly happy with the S5. No lag at all even with all the TW bloat. 100% satisfied. Towards the end of the year, I'm probably going to switch to the iPhone 6 though. (I switch every few years and I'll always have some android phone or another to develop on)

DistrictDigital

Sep 24, 2011
Colorado
districtdigital.tk
Most likely a CM11 official ROM isn't so far away from now, they are working on it.

LG G3 seems to be really nice. I'd get one if they sold it here.

That's why I'm saying that I think there will be one by the end of June.

Question is will they make a cm11 on the lg g3 a bit faster than the s5 based on security? Or could it be about the same? Lg nexus's and lg g2 have massive production... So idk... What do y'all think?

Thanks in advance!!

I don't know about the speed of the G3 (haven't looked into it at all. I just don't trust LG as a phone manufacturer.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 G900P running R.D.D.T Mystery Build v1.1 using Mystery Build Stock Kernal

Slicktune

May 7, 2010
No, I'm perfectly happy with the S5. No lag at all even with all the TW bloat. 100% satisfied. Towards the end of the year, I'm probably going to switch to the iPhone 6 though. (I switch every few years and I'll always have some android phone or another to develop on)

Nice, to each it's own, because I hate this touch jizz software, ive been following Garrwyn on google plus and twitter and it Seems like he's been working hard on it... But I keep hearing that the camera is impossible to solve at least for now.. Bit how long is for now? So I'm very impatient and seeing that the lg g2 had massive amount of Roms available makes me guess its a no beginner to switch to the g3 but idk because that's why I was so excited about the s5 because the development on the s4 was massive as well, but if lg g3 will have a locked boot loader than I might as well not sell my s5 and wait.. But that quad HD tho...??? imagine cm11 or paranoid android on a QHD DISPLAY.......???? crazy sharp, but idk man I just don't know...

Slicktune

May 7, 2010
That's why I'm saying that I think there will be one by the end of June.

I don't know about the speed of the G3 (haven't looked into it at all. I just don't trust LG as a phone manufacturer.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 G900P running R.D.D.T Mystery Build v1.1 using Mystery Build Stock Kernal

I'm sorry I ment the process of development...will it be faster on the lg g3 being that the lg g2 has successful Roms...

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
I'm sorry I ment the process of development...will it be faster on the lg g3 being that the lg g2 has successful Roms...

No one knows till they start trying. No one knew that the camera was going to be so hard to fix until they started trying on this device.

Side question: Why not get the Moto X or something that has a close to stock UI if you have 3rd part UIs so much?

Slicktune

May 7, 2010
No one knows till they start trying. No one knew that the camera was going to be so hard to fix until they started trying on this device.

Side question: Why not get the Moto X or something that has a close to stock UI if you have 3rd part UIs so much?

Because for that I would stay with my mom's s4 (that I handed to her after buying the s5) and she'll take my brothers note 2 while I wait for the lg g3... But idk...

bnight

Nov 26, 2010
Sofia
I personally don`t get it why people switch to custom roms ? I had bad experience with my X8 phone but it has really poor support for new versions of the Android OS however it`s still with the 2.1 software it works perfect. On the other hand did you consider staying with the S4 permanently for me it`s almost as good as the S5 even better to some extend because of the older TW software on it. G3 looks in specs almost exactly like S5 only 1GB of Ram more which will have a bit of difference in performance.
But for me personally the S4 is great phone however build quality from what I saw on the phones of my co-workers is really bad and my S4 mini suffer from the same issues.

Slicktune

May 7, 2010
I personally don`t get it why people switch to custom roms ? I had bad experience with my X8 phone but it has really poor support for new versions of the Android OS however it`s still with the 2.1 software it works perfect. On the other hand did you consider staying with the S4 permanently for me it`s almost as good as the S5 even better to some extend because of the older TW software on it. G3 looks in specs almost exactly like S5 only 1GB of Ram more which will have a bit of difference in performance.
But for me personally the S4 is great phone however build quality from what I saw on the phones of my co-workers is really bad and my S4 mini suffer from the same issues.

What???!!! The g3 has a
2k display
optical image stabilization
3gb of ram
Laser focus
All screen no physical buttons
Bigger batter...the list goes on...

MadManMark

Nov 7, 2010
What???!!! The g3 has a
2k display
3gb of ram
Laser focus

Physical buttons are a plus for me personally, on-screen annoys me. The battery may be bigger, but the screen is more demanding so the s5 will last longer. The screen will also probably give the phone worse performance.
Sent from my LT22i using XDA Free mobile app

bnight

Nov 26, 2010
Sofia
What???!!! The g3 has a
2k display
3gb of ram
Laser focus

I have FullHD tv for 3 years now never ever I watched a FullHD content on it.

I doubt that 2k display on a 5.5 inch display will be noticeable difference and the 2k content is really really big so the 128 GB SD Card must be used. For example 5 minutes of FullHD video recording on the S5 is more then 500 MB`s which mean 100 MB per minute.

Optical image stabilization and 3 gb of Ram are really useful.

For me Bigger is defiantly not better as I hardly put my S5 in my jeans pocket.

Same for the physical buttons I do prefer them.

But I personally doubt that LG 3 will be better then S5.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It'll be your luck, you'll trade and a AOSP ROM will release the next day. I would only make the sell if I had enough to buy my next phone outright and with at least 50 to pay towards paying off the s5. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    No aosp Roms for this phone... And no one has any idea when....

I'm sorry that makes no sense what's so ever.... If I use jump, I'll have to have paid half the phone ($336) hand in my Galaxy S5, Get the Lg G3 let's say for arguments sake it retails at $600.00 so that's

$336.00 (other half I owe for the S5)
    $600.00 (new balance for Lg G3)

Ah. You have the new jump. I have the old one so I pay nothing when I upgrade :)

Before this horrible scam that they call "JUMP 2", there was actually good plan that let you wipe out the entire balance of the phone and pay nothing at all when you upgrade up to 2 times a year.