[Q] my touch 4g slide pyro ICS no turning on

Search This thread

deepchhaya1

Jan 29, 2012
Hello.
I installed the PYRO ICS. it works great. thanks for all the effort. I have one issue, If my phone shuts down due to law battery, it does not turn back on by pressing power button. i have to remove battery and sim card and only then it powers on.
This is reproducible every time. i have wiped the cache once and also have 5.0.2.7 cowomod.

Please advise.
Thanks.

Braccoz

Dec 2, 2011
you mean after you recharge it?

or just after it shuts down? because that would be intentional behaviour then

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
Are you running a stock battery or an Anker? If I run my Anker down to nothing and it shuts down it won't
charge on USB. I have to pull it and put it on the external charger that came with my two batteries. I don't have this problem with the stock battery.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

deepchhaya1

Jan 29, 2012
I am not sure of the different types of battery. I think my issue is that the phone does not turn on. it charges fine.

Thanks.

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
Stock battery is black and has HTC printed on it. The Anker is White and has, well, "Anker" printed on it. If you have a bad battery it could cause any number of issues. You might try flashing back to your stock nandroid and see if that helps (Isolating software issues from hardware symptoms).

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

yellowjacket1981

Mar 12, 2011
Tucson, Az
Are you using the old madaco recovery? If so update your recovery in rom manager, that should fix it.

Sent from my Bulletproof_Doubleshot using XDA App

tbalden

Recognized Developer
i think your problem is different. Isnt the lights of your phone on the buttons still on when this happen? Are you sure the battery is off?

It might be "just" the blackouts of screen that some users have. I had some too, but changing to Trebuchet launcher seems to help with that. In the upcoming 1.0.2 release ROM will run Trebuchet, hopefully it will help with your problem.

Last edited:

deepchhaya1

Jan 29, 2012
I read your 1.1.0 thread where you mentioned that the phone cannot be turned on when plugged in. thats what i was doing. I didn't try removing the charger and then turn on. thanks for the help.

akaSurfer

Apr 17, 2011
have an issue about powerin phone on when i completly drained my battery. after i put it for chargin, notification led was blinking for a long time not like usually (u cant power phone on before orange light is solid).reloaded battery and was waiting like for 10-15 min for led stay solid. gud thing its finally happen.

was on pyr`o`ice 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 dont remember exactly