Post pictures of your DNA with your case.

Search This thread

cmay227

Jun 8, 2010
justfinished dying my otterbox commuter. really like it.

Attachments

• IMAG0112.jpg
    IMAG0112.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 1,196
  • IMAG0113.jpg
    IMAG0113.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 1,052

cmay227

Jun 8, 2010
Used idye poly, cant use rit dye anymore they changed their formula. Has to be a disperse dye in order to dye polycarbonate plastic. Just mix with water in a stainless pot and simmer. Check every 2 to three minutes till its the color u want. Takes about 20 minutes total. After words just run under water and rub with a rag to get the excess off.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

Last edited:

B0nes424

Oct 12, 2010
Used idye poly, cant use rit dye anymore they changed their formula. Has to be a disperse dye in order to dye polycarbonate plastic. Just mix with water in a stainless pot and simmer. Check every 2 to three minutes till its the color u want. Takes about 20 minutes total. After words just run under water and rub with a rag to get the excess off.

Thanks, I'm assuming the black parts of the case are the silicone? They are not affected by the dye?

cmay227

Jun 8, 2010
nice, i wonder if I could pull this off with the defender series without screwing up the built in screen protector lol. Might have to get creative!!

just push out the screen protector, replace it after words by applying a little adhesive around the case and reapply it. the screen protector will dye the color as well. also, it's best to do this on a white case, can't dye a black one at all.

B0nes424

Oct 12, 2010
just push out the screen protector, replace it after words by applying a little adhesive around the case and reapply it. the screen protector will dye the color as well. also, it's best to do this on a white case, can't dye a black one at all.

Thanks! Now to decide on a color!...I love the red on black but I may go with a different color!!

cmay227

Jun 8, 2010
Its a trial and error, practice on something else first. Good luck

Hussainally

Sep 22, 2007
Love my poetic atmosphere

Sent from my Super charged Droid DNA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358406485952.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358406485952.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,373
  • uploadfromtaptalk1358406505175.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358406505175.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,251
  • uploadfromtaptalk1358406518602.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358406518602.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,222
  • uploadfromtaptalk1358406573141.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358406573141.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 1,159

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Sherrills Ford, NC
Picked up a Nillkin hard case for ten bucks off eBay. Usually go for more protection, but this one's done a good job so far. I also didn't want something that put a stack of pressure on the sides of the phone:

t5BoF.jpg

cdLR2.jpg

Nw4MB.jpg

68Wwz.jpg

OMDcJ.jpg

Well worth the ten bucks, the included screen protector goes well also.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nillkin-...AU_MobilePhoneAccessories&hash=item3a7cb95a60

I think these pictures (great ones btw) have convinced me to go with this case. Low profile, yet still looks great and provides just enough protection. I thought about the commuter, but I don't think I wanna make my phone any bigger than it is.

Reactions: docfong

crikeycrapper

Dec 15, 2012
Had the poetic case...it's nice...but it eventually broke on me. The back of the case started to detach from the sides. I'm by no means rough with my phone so it didnt take much for it to come apart.

The Poetic Atmosphere case has started to unravel. The gray sides are detaching from the clear part. I haven't had this case for a month. It's really disappointing. I'm going to try and get a replacement from Amazon.

rigmort

Oct 19, 2006
Wiscompton
Picked up a Nillkin hard case for ten bucks off eBay. Usually go for more protection, but this one's done a good job so far. I also didn't want something that put a stack of pressure on the sides of the phone:

SNIP

Well worth the ten bucks, the included screen protector goes well also.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nillkin-...AU_MobilePhoneAccessories&hash=item3a7cb95a60

I just got my Nillkin case. Great fit, looks nice, doesn't add much thickness. The thing that bothers me is it's just as slippery as the soft-touch coating on the phone. Still can't get a good grip. I wonder if there's something I could brush onto the edges to add some grip?

juzz86

Retired Senior Moderator
Here's a few snaps of the Jekod TPU, which arrived just now. Better protection than the Nillkin, a bigger lip around the LCD and proper all-side coverage. Fit and finish is good, the textured back works well and feels good, the camera and 3.5mm cutouts are a little off but you can wiggle them into the right position. Volume buttons are cutout, not covered. Comes in a nice box with a decent screen protector. Overall a good purchase, and will replace the Nillkin as my daily-use case:

Please excuse the mammoth post, and please remember to pull out the image links if you quote this message!

aOfZCOo.jpg

0iuVkV2.jpg

2I5aZIa.jpg

MVizTGl.jpg

ptjowMQ.jpg

OoqHdRD.jpg

fecNlMh.jpg

Tn8J8oD.jpg

NprbO3r.jpg

ShelW

Mar 25, 2009
I just got my Nillkin case. Great fit, looks nice, doesn't add much thickness. The thing that bothers me is it's just as slippery as the soft-touch coating on the phone. Still can't get a good grip. I wonder if there's something I could brush onto the edges to add some grip?

Yeah... this is why I ended up purchasing the Incipio Feather case.

It has the same design as the Nillkin, which I personally love, but it comes with soft touch finish, which gives it much better gripe, in the hand.

I also prefer the gray color.

Only complaint is that they didn't provide a cut-out for the rear notification, but the same is true with the Nillkin case.

x4sper

Jun 15, 2010
Yeah... this is why I ended up purchasing the Incipio Feather case.

It has the same design as the Nillkin, which I personally love, but it comes with soft touch finish, which gives it much better gripe, in the hand.

I also prefer the gray color.

Only complaint is that they didn't provide a cut-out for the rear notification, but the same is true with the Nillkin case.

do you see it being a issue of the sides of the case scratching the bezel by the screen"??

ShelW

Mar 25, 2009
do you see it being a issue of the sides of the case scratching the bezel by the screen"??

My phone doesn't show any scratches or damage to the bezel at all. I also was originally concerned about how difficult it might be to remove this case,but, while it takes some slight dexterity (you have to use your finger nail to pull one edge away from the DNA's screen, then it pops out) it really hasn't been hard to remove the case at all.

Putting the DNA in the case is very easy!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    justfinished dying my otterbox commuter. really like it.
    Red Seidio Active case

Just got this yesterday. Thought I would post pics in case anyone was interested in getting one
    I have a couple. A standard case with a built in stand. It came with a holster, which i would never use. Purchased directly from Verizon corporate store. It has a nice design that aids in gripping the phone.
    DSC_4702_zpsdc1ce3bc.jpg

Not too much of a lip
    DSC_4703_zps633f4bd9.jpg

I like how designers gave the user a little extra room past the vol up and vol dn rocker
    DSC_4704_zpsc2caf905.jpg

Corner protection leaves much to be desired
    DSC_4705_zps98368972.jpg

Is everyone's flap chipping away like mine? I had to let a fingernail grow out just to pop this thing out
    DSC_4706_zps8a65c1a5.jpg

Here's how the back looks with the stand pulled out
    DSC_4707_zps0932ff75.jpg

DSC_4710_zps6698cde5.jpg

Then there is the Otter Box, again purchased from the Verizon store.
    DSC_4712_zps87a1f64a.jpg

DSC_4713_zpsfab3801d.jpg

The standard 3-piece fare
    DSC_4714_zpsd92ace0a.jpg

DSC_4715_zps3a522a9b.jpg

DSC_4716_zps6f8257c7.jpg

DSC_4717_zps4cb1b264.jpg

DSC_4718_zpsd8b2d70e.jpg

Finally, fully clothed
    DSC_4719_zps7790d5b5.jpg
    Here's a few snaps of the Jekod TPU, which arrived just now. Better protection than the Nillkin, a bigger lip around the LCD and proper all-side coverage. Fit and finish is good, the textured back works well and feels good, the camera and 3.5mm cutouts are a little off but you can wiggle them into the right position. Volume buttons are cutout, not covered. Comes in a nice box with a decent screen protector. Overall a good purchase, and will replace the Nillkin as my daily-use case:

Please excuse the mammoth post, and please remember to pull out the image links if you quote this message!

aOfZCOo.jpg

0iuVkV2.jpg

2I5aZIa.jpg

MVizTGl.jpg

ptjowMQ.jpg

OoqHdRD.jpg

fecNlMh.jpg

Tn8J8oD.jpg

NprbO3r.jpg
    White/clear TPU case from eBay on Employee Edition DROID DNA.

Posted from my Verizon Employee Edition DROID DNA #01749.