[UNLOCKED!!!] Bootloader unlock bounty

How about to donate a dev who'll try to unlock and support O4X then?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

juanacevedo

Jan 15, 2011
Re: [UNLOCK SOON!] Bootloader unlock bounty

Those articles are from the beginning of the month. There's more articles stating that it's the 1st half of the year

someth1ng

Aug 12, 2012
I got a global version of the phone - bought in Australia. Reckon it can still unlock its bootloader using the EUR kdz?

alekthefirst

May 19, 2012

I got a global version of the phone - bought in Australia. Reckon it can still unlock its bootloader using the EUR kdz?

As dexter_nlb has said. The unlock method is probably on LG`s website or it is released as a tool or something. Where you have to agree to warranty-loss

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

reas0n

Dec 23, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Odp: [UNLOCK SOON!] Bootloader unlock bounty

As dexter_nlb has said. The unlock method is probably on LG`s website or it is released as a tool or something. Where you have to agree to warranty-loss

Nope. I think it will be like in P990 (2X), they gave new bootloader with new version of firmware. And that new bootloader is unlockable via nvflash or somethin'.. I haven't read about that. Whatever, that won't be a method after we lose warranty.

@down yep, somethin' like that. They will just open the way to unlock it. Or they'll do somethin' that we don't know about for now.
The question is, how it will be if they will do like it was with 2X? nvflash didn't work with our phone, it will be suddenly start working? o.o
Anyway, if the new bootloader will be attached to V20A .kdz, then You, Dexter will be able to unlock our phone? 'cause kholk as we know won't do it, we have to wait to His 'recovery' :(

Last edited:

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
And that new bootloader is unlockable via nvflash or somethin'.. I haven't read about that. Whatever, that won't be a method after we lose warranty.
i believe i am correct, if you believe that "something or nvflash" is the provided LG solution to unlock the device, This is similar to an App or a partition that unlocks it. Options are many, but an external program (app / nvflash / kdz flasher ) will be the solution to unlock. i do not think OTA update alone will open it.

L7 with a different chipset, still got it opened by flashing a partition with bootloader, so lg do not make it easy.

mfsr98

Nov 26, 2011
Porto

Obviously fake.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

faisal222

Apr 13, 2012
Step by step guide to unlock Bootloader should be Includded in the INDEX GUIDE..can someone do it ? Things should be organized..it will prevent from multiple same threads i think:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    he may be eccentric and disappears for days but i hope kholk cracks this case ala Sherlock Holmes

I'm sorry if I gave that impression, I'm not eccentric at all. Just...understand my words and why I do talk that way sometimes.
    About disappearing, unfortunately, I'm an university student too.. and you might know how much time that takes. I also live alone and that's another time-killer.

@Kholk make a thread with the request, people will help you for sure, also try to explain how people can get the stuff you need..

Also kholk.. Do you like the phone?

Not needed, I've got what I need now :°)

here is mine 10e
    that is the least version in the middle east

After reading this email reply, I have a little question.
    It written that the bootloader will be unlocked AFTER next update.
    So is it meaning that maybe bootloader wouldn't unlocked while the JB update release ?:confused:

I passed through this while I was on Motorola. Remember that OEMs are always vague because they don't want you to complain about them "not being sincere" or lying.
    Until you see an official communication on their website (and not via email/chat/anything else), almost anything can happen.

/* ---- Status update ---- */

Thanks to the guys who gave me the libraries. Those have helped to understand that I need to develop a RIL "interpreter" and that I can't use Android's standard one.

Just as a side note, that thing will be needed when the BL will be unlocked, too, since LG have (badly) customized their crappy RIL library.
    I usually get angry when I see badly engineered components and bad code... and this is _that_ time when I would like to see an OEM to literally implode after suffering under torture for days.

That apart....

...on Twitter I have been really synthetic.
    Since I need to take 5 minutes of pause, I'm writing what happened in those two days:
    Premitting that I've studied only the --bootloader security--, when I flashed CM10.1-EPRJ for the first time I've seen that they're using a really, really bad system protection, too.
    That thing can be easily circumvented, as Dexter_nlb showed me (and he saved me a day or two of tampering!), and it has been circumvented "multiple times" on the various custom ROMs that you can find in the Development section.
    By the way, I've had a talk with Dexter_nlb and we've had the occasion to make some team work and speed up the development of a little bit.

Coming now to the actual development status...
    ...CM10.1-EPRJ boots (as you've seen on the really early screenshot).
    I've had the occasion to test (and fix) various parts of the phone and as of now, all the sensors (including accelerometer, gyro, proximity and light) are working just..perfectly.
    WiFi is working too, I've enjoyed some navigation using the normal Android browser app, and I haven't had any problem.
    Bluetooth isn't still working fully: Discovery works, pairing sometimes does, sometimes not... but that should be an easy fix.
    Sound works... and 2D/3D HW acceleration works too.
    HW codecs should work (didn't really test) and thanks to this playing 1080p videos will be smooth and won't make your phone to overheat.

From what I've understood there was a paths problem for the internal/external storage on other custom ROMs, and that problem doesn't exist on CM10.1-EPRJ.

The really remaining problem is about RIL.
    RIL is the Radio Interface Layer, aka, the component that makes our Intel XMM6260 BP (If You Don't Know What Am I Talking About, read that as "phone") to communicate with the AP OS (IUDNWAITA, read that as "Android").

Btw, as said some lines ago, LG are f&#$*n b&£$%°*s other than pigs, so, when an unneeded (known) component of their crappy proprietary RIL library receives a "bad reply" or doesn't receive a reply at all, it will CRASH the RIL Daemon and boot the BP in Recovery Mode (IUDNWAITA, eh, can't tell that in an easier way) -- that implies that the BP stops working "forever" (until reboot).

That rild crash, however, happens only when you make/receive a call. Other parts of the telephony layer are working just .. "okay".
    As I don't want to distribute something not fully working (and rild is something really important too) I won't obviously upload any CM10.1-EPRJ release prior solving that problem.

Anyway, that problem needs me to code a RIL "interpreter", so that LG's RIL library will feel happy and won't crash the ril daemon.
    That will take from 30 years to 30 minutes (no, really, surely not 30 years :p) depending from my luck :p

Jokes apart, that's practically the only problem that stops us right now and as soon as I'll finish to code that component, it'll take me 5 to 10 minutes to solve the intermittent BT problem (I already know what to do for solving it and it's a joke).... so...
    ...since I know that I'll receive 300 "When will you release blahblah?" per day, well, I'll reply to this question right now.

Q: When will you release CM10.1-EPRJ?
    A: When it's ready.

Then... my pause got to an end... and I'll continue to work on the O4X now.

Have a good time!

The EternityProject Team Manager & Main Developer,
    --kholk
    Got it today.
    Let me play with it for 2-3 hours prior getting my hands dirty :p

P.S.: I've used the NFC for transferring random things - and some other useful things - from my HTC One X to the 4X HD. It's the coolest thing I've ever seen xD

Btw, the bootloader game starts today! :°)
    EternityProject's CyanogenMod 10.1 for LG Optimus 4X is ready to be distributed.

The first release will contain only 2 out of 33 EternityProject OS Performance Optimizations and it will be an almost fully functional Beta.

There will exist two bugs, still to solve:
    1. Bluetooth not really working (Needs new kernel module)
    2. External SD not accessible without ROOT (download a root file explorer and you'll be happy).

Everything else is working, or at least everything I tried, and there shouldn't be any problem or unstability.

The release will take quite some time, though, because I'll have to cleanup the files, upload the sources to my public GIT and then upload the package, write the instructions... blahblah.....

....So, currently, the ETA is 2 to 3 hours and it may vary.

Happy waiting!

The EternityProject Team Manager & Main Developer,
    --kholk
    1.jpg

BOOTLOADER IS OFFICIALLY UNLOCKED.
    GO GET IT HERE:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2180138
    Well, I've ended up with reverse engineering the LG RIL library.........
    ....and I've also found the cause of the crashes.
    Looks really time promising.