[TUTORIAL] [ICON CHANGER] [UPDATE :- 27.01.2014] Changing Icons All Android Devices

Search This thread

Rajeev

Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Xiaomi 13 Pro

2jf0xsp.jpg

Hi Friends,

This is a little Tutorial about changing app icons permanently. There was a lot of applications available in Playstore like
“ icon changer free” etc etc to change the app icons. But the problem is that u cant use that changed apps in ur app drawer. U can only use that in ur home screen as a shortcut.

So I just decided to put a little tutorial to do that easily. I know everybody will know this already. But it will help for someone I am sure….

CREDIT:-

@dewanshu93 For Some Cool Tips
@Why So Serious? For The Icons

• One PC
  • 7 zip
  • Some good icons
  • Little Creative Mind

(1) Get some cool icons from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2207136 and save it ur PC. Give him big thanks for the work.

Edit:- If u need some cool Galaxy S4 icons means go here: - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2216289 Please give thanks for his work..

(2) Put the apps u want to change the icons to a Folder in ur PC. For example SemcAlbum, Phonebook, Browser etc

(3) Here I am taking the Phonebook app for Example..

(4) Right Click the Phonebook apk -> Open With -> 7zip File Manager. Then U will get a box contained some files like this

a521gr5zr5itr58fg.jpg

(5) Then double click on the res folder and u get another box like this

sbtc1g963e2a71zfg.jpg

(6) Find the folder named “ drawable-xhdpi “ and open it. U will get This

12171362163_8f26a62b4c_b.jpg

(7) And most important thing is u need to find the original icon and its name of the phonebook.apk or whatever apk u take …

(8) For that an easy way is create a new folder in ur PC’s Desktop and select all the images from the box ( Image 3 ) then drag it to the that new folder in the desktop.

(9)Then open that folder then search for original the apk icon. like this

tze6cas29wwn7krfg.jpg

(10) In my case the name of the Phonebook.apk’s icon is “ic_launcher_contacts “. So just note down the icon name and then open the folder that contains the icons that u downloaded. Like this

ku3hi9vo4jh5v8sfg.jpg

(11) And choose which icon u need and select it. Then rename it to the exact name of the original apk icon. ( For example ic_launcher_contacts )

(12) After that just drag that renamed icon to res/drawable-xhdpi. It will ask for overright. Press Ok or Yes. That’s it. Copy the apk to ur phone and move it to the System/app with correct permission…

Check this Attached Images for your reference .

i9ua75dcc6zp3qrfg.jpg

U can do it with almost all the apks. But I cant guarantee that it will work with all apks. Some System apks did not worked for me…

And also u can take icos from other apks too..

Press The Thanks Button If You Like This

Last edited:

salda

Jul 16, 2012
S.O.S Semcphone

Does not work with semcphone, I changed all the icons (HDPI xhdpi HMDI) and so far I fail, I even resized the images and either.

I annex my apk to see if I can help in editing.

I'm sorry for the English. i am Colombian

Attachments

• SemcPhone.apk
    3.3 MB · Views: 296

Rajeev

Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Re: Tutorial :- Changing App Icons

Does not work with semcphone, I changed all the icons (HDPI xhdpi HMDI) and so far I fail, I even resized the images and either.

Simple. Just compile the apk and then change icon then decompile it and sign it.. Done.. The same i done..

My Reddish Xperia S With XZX 2

cities516

Dec 19, 2012
Taipei

SemcPhone.apk\res\drawable-xhdpi\clh_launcher_phone.png

If you still fail: resize the image to 96 x 96.

Hope I can help you:)

cities516

Dec 19, 2012
Taipei
Did.
Still the same.

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

Change icon in Phonebook.apk:
\res\drawable-xhdpi\ic_launcher_phone.png & ic_launcher_contacts.png (if you want)

Hope I can help you:)

izuall187

Aug 24, 2012
Cainta
Tried desktop visualizer but it's only shorcuts. For ninjamorph,mvoid, it works but semcphone.apk doesn't change. Don't know why ninjamorph pro doesn't work well. I'm thinking that it's gettimg conflicts from busybox. Btw, how do you change the icon resolution again? Mine's a bit bigger when using the extensions for fb and camera.

Sent from my LT18i using xda app-developers app

cyrusalmighty

May 30, 2009
Hartford
Nice tutorial. You will help many to change icons. You may want to warn people about changing the resolution for Conversations.apk or else the add attachments icons look like this: uploadfromtaptalk1365644253830.jpg
Lol.
I just fixed it by lowering the conv_take_photo.png resolution(72x72 or whatever works for your phone) and changed whatever else would show up when attaching things to message.:) Here it is fixed.
Edit* Tapatalk wont let me post another pic :eek:

~Darklords Development Team~

Last edited:
Reactions: Rajeev

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2jf0xsp.jpg

Hi Friends,

This is a little Tutorial about changing app icons permanently. There was a lot of applications available in Playstore like
    “ icon changer free” etc etc to change the app icons. But the problem is that u cant use that changed apps in ur app drawer. U can only use that in ur home screen as a shortcut.

So I just decided to put a little tutorial to do that easily. I know everybody will know this already. But it will help for someone I am sure….

CREDIT:-

@dewanshu93 For Some Cool Tips
    @Why So Serious? For The Icons

• One PC
    • 7 zip
    • Some good icons
    • Little Creative Mind

(1) Get some cool icons from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2207136 and save it ur PC. Give him big thanks for the work.

Edit:- If u need some cool Galaxy S4 icons means go here: - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2216289 Please give thanks for his work..

(2) Put the apps u want to change the icons to a Folder in ur PC. For example SemcAlbum, Phonebook, Browser etc

(3) Here I am taking the Phonebook app for Example..

(4) Right Click the Phonebook apk -> Open With -> 7zip File Manager. Then U will get a box contained some files like this

a521gr5zr5itr58fg.jpg

(5) Then double click on the res folder and u get another box like this

sbtc1g963e2a71zfg.jpg

(6) Find the folder named “ drawable-xhdpi “ and open it. U will get This

12171362163_8f26a62b4c_b.jpg

(7) And most important thing is u need to find the original icon and its name of the phonebook.apk or whatever apk u take …

(8) For that an easy way is create a new folder in ur PC’s Desktop and select all the images from the box ( Image 3 ) then drag it to the that new folder in the desktop.

(9)Then open that folder then search for original the apk icon. like this

tze6cas29wwn7krfg.jpg

(10) In my case the name of the Phonebook.apk’s icon is “ic_launcher_contacts “. So just note down the icon name and then open the folder that contains the icons that u downloaded. Like this

ku3hi9vo4jh5v8sfg.jpg

(11) And choose which icon u need and select it. Then rename it to the exact name of the original apk icon. ( For example ic_launcher_contacts )

(12) After that just drag that renamed icon to res/drawable-xhdpi. It will ask for overright. Press Ok or Yes. That’s it. Copy the apk to ur phone and move it to the System/app with correct permission…

Check this Attached Images for your reference .

i9ua75dcc6zp3qrfg.jpg

U can do it with almost all the apks. But I cant guarantee that it will work with all apks. Some System apks did not worked for me…

And also u can take icos from other apks too..

Press The Thanks Button If You Like This

Simple. Just compile the apk and then change icon then decompile it and sign it.. Done.. The same i done..

Exactly!

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

Bro Check ur PM...

What icon do yo want to use? I can give it a try.

Try Semcphone.apk

We can use Desktop visualizer though, to change all of them. ;)

Yes. U r correct. But cant use that in ur app drawer. Only a shortcut in ur home screen. Am i correct?