[Q] Asus FHD 10 ME302C (x86) boot windows 8?

Search This thread

noisavni

Aug 20, 2013
I know it's possible to unlock the bootloader for the FHD 10 but how would I boot windows? I noticed people flash rooted images after they unlock bootloaders, would booting windows be the same? Would I need to create a windows image and then flash it like one would a rooted image?

Here's how to root the FHD 10 . Flashing full versions of windows 8.1 on and android x86 device seems like something no one has done yet. It will be awesome when it happens though.

danbjorklund

Sep 20, 2010
Technically the hardware could support Windows 8, but I doubt we'll be seeing anyone trying to bring the OS to the ME302C. There just aren't enough developers interested in the tablet and it's not as simple as putting windows onto a new computer is.

drpilot

Jan 10, 2014
windows on mobile devices (all versions) does not get as much support as android. and they are not open source so their hacks and mods are very few.

noisavni

Aug 20, 2013
A $250 Win 8 tablet will draw in developers. I believe a lot of Asus Transformer Prime Devs will be interested.

As for installing windows, your right, tablet bios' are very basic.Either a bios will need to be ported or something like twrp2 could be used to make flashing a windows image manageable.

The biggest problem is getting things to work on x86, even the asus bootloader unlock was written for ARM and needs to be recompiled.

noisavni

Aug 20, 2013
Windows 8.1 has a minimum storage requirement of 16 GB. Installing programs would be best on a micro sd card. Although the fhd comes in both 16 and 32 gb. Enough to install microsoft office and some other productivity apps without a sd card.