[GUIDE][SS/DS][LB/UB] How To Theme SystemUI.apk (NOOB FRIENDLY)

Search This thread

paper13579

Oct 11, 2013
dublin
Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro (Redmi K30 Pro)
Hey guys, i figured i should make this step by step guide to show people how to theme hour systemui.apk file. This is for example, making your status bar transparent or changing status bar icons... Etc. This guide will be fully fleshed out, even a day one android user should understand. :D

NOTE:

MIND YOU GUYS I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR-
Bricking
exploding
data loss
loss of hair
or any other problems*

you do this at your own risk,though if you follow exactly, there should be no problems.

RULES:
1. One rule only: Backup any file you use. You have been warned.

PHONE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Fully rooted
2. Busybox installed
3. Need to be doedexed

APP REQUIREMENTS:
1. ninjamorph. (by stephen. free version is fine)
2. Root explorer. (or any other root enabled browser)
3. {optional} any photo editor/resizer

THE GUIDE:
1. Open root explorer
2. Navigate to /system/app
3. Scroll down till you find the file SystemUI.apk
4. Copy (do not move it, just copy) it to anywhere you like on your internal sdcard
5. Close root browser and open ninjamorph
6. Click start checks and allow root permissions
7. Click*new project*after it initializes this will create the Folder*Androidthemes*on your sd card
8. Locate where you just copied the systemui.apk on the internal sdcard and click on it
9. Allow the app to extract the apk (may take a few*seconds)
10. once it has extracted on your SD inside the*Androidthemes*folder there will be a sub-folder called Workspace*thats where all your extracted apks*NEED*to be
11. After extraction is complete, you should be presented with 6 files/folders as bellow:
View attachment 2740483
12. android manifest.xml<-DONT TOUCH
Assests<-DONT TOUCH
META-INF<-DONT TOUCH
res<-OPEN THIS
resources.arsc<-DONT TOUCH
13. When you open res, you will be presented with many folders, in this tutorial, we will concentrate on the drawable-hdpi folder. Be aware, most of the folders in the res folder are actually pretty useful for more modifications.
View attachment 2740485
14. Once drawable-hdpi is opened, you will be presented with many pictures. Look through them and identify the ones you want to modify.
15. You can either edit the pictures from ninjamorph by press and hold on the picture and pressing edit (this will give you basic edits like colour, height, rotate & width). Or you can use a photo editor/resizer to modify the picture beforehand and then just replacing the old picture with the new one using ninjamorph.
16. Once you got all images you want themed go back to*Ninjamorph*home and press*FINISH PROJECT
17. Press on the systemui folder that shows up.
18. Let it create the package
19. Click yes on the next three confirm action text boxes. This will remove the old apk in the internal sd and replace it with the new one you just made, zipalign the apk and delete the systemui folder in /sdcard/android themes/workplace.
20. Locate the new systemui.apk, it will have replaced the old one that you copied from /system/app in step 4
21. Move it to /system
22. Set it's permissions to rw-r--r--
23. Move it to /system/app and when it asks to overwrite, click yes.
24. Reboot phone
25. Enjoy your modifications.:D. VICTORY

Sent from my C2004 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1399940818458.jpg
    1399940818458.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 537
  • 1399940839002.jpg
    1399940839002.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 481
  • 1399940856551.jpg
    1399940856551.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 476
Last edited:

Kuato

Sep 30, 2012
nowhere
Hmmmmmm..... How abou *.9.png files? This method will break 9png when it replaced did u?

Posted using XDA apps mobile

paper13579

Oct 11, 2013
dublin
Hmmmmmm..... How abou *.9.png files? This method will break 9png when it replaced did u?

Modifying .9.png is a whole different process, sorry, i should have said that in the thread. GUYS DONT EDIT .9.png IMAGES WITH THIS GUIDE, IT WILL BRIVK YOUR PHONE

Reactions: Kuato

Kuato

Sep 30, 2012
nowhere
Modifying .9.png is a whole different process, sorry, i should have said that in the thread. GUYS DONT EDIT .9.png IMAGES WITH THIS GUIDE, IT WILL BRIVK YOUR PHONE

Bukam Brick om, tapi break PNG, maksudnya nanti yg tadinya bisa fit malah jdi blurred ga jelas acak2an, sorry Im too lazy to write in english :p

paper13579

Oct 11, 2013
dublin
Bukam Brick om, tapi break PNG, maksudnya nanti yg tadinya bisa fit malah jdi blurred ga jelas acak2an, sorry Im too lazy to write in english :p

Im sorry, i know ur too lazy to write in english but i can only speak english, arabic, french and irish sooo... You might want to translate that for me to understand it

Sent from my E15i using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, i figured i should make this step by step guide to show people how to theme hour systemui.apk file. This is for example, making your status bar transparent or changing status bar icons... Etc. This guide will be fully fleshed out, even a day one android user should understand. :D

NOTE:

MIND YOU GUYS I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR-
    Bricking
    exploding
    data loss
    loss of hair
    or any other problems*

you do this at your own risk,though if you follow exactly, there should be no problems.

RULES:
    1. One rule only: Backup any file you use. You have been warned.

PHONE REQUIREMENTS:
    1. Fully rooted
    2. Busybox installed
    3. Need to be doedexed

APP REQUIREMENTS:
    1. ninjamorph. (by stephen. free version is fine)
    2. Root explorer. (or any other root enabled browser)
    3. {optional} any photo editor/resizer

THE GUIDE:
    1. Open root explorer
    2. Navigate to /system/app
    3. Scroll down till you find the file SystemUI.apk
    4. Copy (do not move it, just copy) it to anywhere you like on your internal sdcard
    5. Close root browser and open ninjamorph
    6. Click start checks and allow root permissions
    7. Click*new project*after it initializes this will create the Folder*Androidthemes*on your sd card
    8. Locate where you just copied the systemui.apk on the internal sdcard and click on it
    9. Allow the app to extract the apk (may take a few*seconds)
    10. once it has extracted on your SD inside the*Androidthemes*folder there will be a sub-folder called Workspace*thats where all your extracted apks*NEED*to be
    11. After extraction is complete, you should be presented with 6 files/folders as bellow:
    View attachment 2740483
    12. android manifest.xml<-DONT TOUCH
    Assests<-DONT TOUCH
    META-INF<-DONT TOUCH
    res<-OPEN THIS
    resources.arsc<-DONT TOUCH
    13. When you open res, you will be presented with many folders, in this tutorial, we will concentrate on the drawable-hdpi folder. Be aware, most of the folders in the res folder are actually pretty useful for more modifications.
    View attachment 2740485
    14. Once drawable-hdpi is opened, you will be presented with many pictures. Look through them and identify the ones you want to modify.
    15. You can either edit the pictures from ninjamorph by press and hold on the picture and pressing edit (this will give you basic edits like colour, height, rotate & width). Or you can use a photo editor/resizer to modify the picture beforehand and then just replacing the old picture with the new one using ninjamorph.
    16. Once you got all images you want themed go back to*Ninjamorph*home and press*FINISH PROJECT
    17. Press on the systemui folder that shows up.
    18. Let it create the package
    19. Click yes on the next three confirm action text boxes. This will remove the old apk in the internal sd and replace it with the new one you just made, zipalign the apk and delete the systemui folder in /sdcard/android themes/workplace.
    20. Locate the new systemui.apk, it will have replaced the old one that you copied from /system/app in step 4
    21. Move it to /system
    22. Set it's permissions to rw-r--r--
    23. Move it to /system/app and when it asks to overwrite, click yes.
    24. Reboot phone
    25. Enjoy your modifications.:D. VICTORY

Just tried it, working absolutely fine and an awesome step by step guide, good for the noobs. Keep up the good work and thanks :cool:

Sent from my C2004 using Tapatalk