[Q] LG G3 Headphone Volume

Search This thread

anc1en7z

Jun 23, 2014
Currently looking at purchasing the G3, but as I listen to music a lot, I need to make sure that the volume of the headset is loud. In the past, I've owned android phones that haven't been loud when playing music through the headphone port compared to iDevices / Laptops.

When I mean loud, I don't mean to the point of deafness, but on some of my previous phones it is difficult to hear music in urban areas.

Would someone who has a G3 be able to measure the max volume output of the G3 using headphones, and compare it to an iOS device? Unfortunately there is not a lot of information online comparing this, and its an essential part of a phone IMO

iLHaNroID

Apr 21, 2010
Along with that, I wonder how the sound quality is when the phone connected to eg car stereo via aux (3,5 mm phone jack) and also in case it is paired via Bluetooth? Thanks to beats audio my OneX delivers decent, satisfying sound quality both through earphones and via cable connection (not used with bt though). Afaik there is not such an addition in G3 (?)

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

flaring afro

Jul 11, 2011
If you buy it through a US Carrier, you should be able to return it within 7-14 days which will give you plenty of time to evaluate this. But here's what I've found when looking for this as well.

LG G3

Galaxy S2

It's a little louder than my Note 2 which is good for me. I don't listen often, but wish it were louder when I do. Another option would be to get headphones that require less power, or get a nice headphone amp.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The F400K has a volume limiter, but there's an xposed mod in beta (not yet in the xposed db), see this thread, that removes this enforcement. It's different than pure Android, the enforcer that LG uses.