Zerolemon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 10000mah

Search This thread

prudhvi kanna

Jun 20, 2014
zerolemon

guys can anyone get a zl for me as for my place (india) shipping was not possible ..i would like to have one as my battery was worn off .can any one help me getting one zl? :)

ghost495

Oct 22, 2015
Hello guys!:) Please give more your information, using experience abou zerolemon on note 3 sm-n900 on android 4.4.2 and 5 android. How many times of working smartphone and display times etc. Intersting in android 5.
Thanks.

Jul 8, 2015
The battery drain is the same amount as the stock battery but 3x larger + a little. So whatever you are getting now you will get a little more than 3x the amount.

ghost495

Oct 22, 2015
I have this battery . I think that consumption between 4.4.2 and 5.0 is more difference. I want the experience of using zl on kitkat and Lollipop by xda users. Thanks.

Jul 8, 2015
I don't think you understand ghost. If 5.1.x drains more than 4.4.x on the stock battery it's going to do the same on the ZL. If you're wondering if lollipop drains faster than kit kat you're in the wrong thread and need to find some general note 3 thread. FWIW I don't notice any difference however I was running stock touchwiz on 4.4.4 and now I'm on a custom rom for 5.1.1 (AICP)

I had a ZeroLemon for about 1.5 years. Then the battery started to drain noticeably. This may have been due to my charging the battery every night, after only about 20-30% drain every day.

I looked for a replacement, but could not find a ZL, so I went with another battery (that is only 2+ times the charge) but immediately noticed the slower drain.

Cheers,
B.D.

djhulk2

Nov 15, 2010
What does it look like? Is bascially as big as the back cover? Because my current battery is 4200, 2 power cases at 5200, and a power bank that is 30,000

QlimaxWarex

Oct 10, 2013
1. question : has anybody noticed that this battery starts draining fast after two years (except that 1 guy)?

2. I'm thinking about replacement it - does somebody has some idea about using an external charger as battery replacement? :)

vja4Him

Jan 16, 2011
I've been using the 10000mAh ZeroLemon battery with my Note 3 for around 21 months now. Still going strong. I charge it every two or three days, with medium use. Sometimes will go for four days with light use. I got the same 10000mAh ZeroLemon battery for my Note 4, but even after breaking in the batter correctly, had to charge twice every day !!! I sent the battery back for a refund. I will get another 10000mAh ZeroLemon battery for my Note 4 and hope that it performs similar to the one in my Note 3. Unfortunately the Note 4 is known for serious battery drain problems. Even the stock battery will only give me 3-4 hours of screen on time. I have to charge the stock battery two or three times each day !!! So, I'm still using my Note 3 for heavy use, and still get more than 24 hours of actual use (not counting sleep time at night in Airplane Mode).

Last edited:
Reactions: QlimaxWarex

Mr.Salman

Oct 24, 2013
Hyderabad
Bought this BEAST a day ago and lovin it.though the shipping was ****ty,delivered the package in 10 days(Shipped to India)

It Was written on the package to charge it for 12 hours prior to use. but mine got charged in 6 hours(indicating green led) so i plugged out.

here is the results.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-30-22-31-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-30-22-31-02.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 198
  • Screenshot_2016-01-30-22-31-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-30-22-31-08.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 195
  • Screenshot_2016-01-30-22-31-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-30-22-31-15.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 195

syhrzl

Nov 2, 2015
Johor DT
My personal review that this extended battery design is ridiculous compare to note4 case design. But somehow after few day go along with its u find that u loved its power. Just use the clip belt. Its look more rugged with it. And now am using this brick with pride + power = no powerbank!

vja4Him

Jan 16, 2011
When you first charge your ZeroLemon battery, you need to continue charging for 12 hours, even though the charge reads "Full" or "100%". If you only give it a 6 hour initial charge, your battery will not be correctly charged. And you need to charge 5 or 6 full cycles at first.

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

I have been using my ZeroLemon 10000mAh Battery in my Note 3 for a little more than 22 months now, and still going strong !!! I am impressed with the ZeroLemon 10000mAh battery. I never need to worry about my Note 3 going dead. Unfortunately, my Note 4 has the know issue of serious battery drain. So I use my Note 3 for watching movies, YouTube, playing games. Still get at least two days on my Note 3, even though the battery is going on two years old now.

Mr.Salman

Oct 24, 2013
Hyderabad
When you first charge your ZeroLemon battery, you need to continue charging for 12 hours, even though the charge reads "Full" or "100%". If you only give it a 6 hour initial charge, your battery will not be correctly charged. And you need to charge 5 or 6 full cycles at first.

we'll thats not the case with me. im on 3rd day n the SOT is 10 hours with on calls 5 hours already with 32% left and the battery is goin pretty solid
though i dont want the fone to die or to wait til it drops to 1% and then charge ,i've plugged the fone now ..

Jul 8, 2015
The whole idea that you need to "train" the phone or battery is archaic now. Some google dude laid it out if you search about it. What you want to do is fully charge it with it. Once fully charged disconnect phone let drain a couple percent and than turn off and recharge it again to make sure it's topped off. Than just FULLY discharge it.

Remember when you got your phone new? The manufacture didn't tell you to do anything. The only reason why we need to do something now is to let the phone know that our 100% is really 320%.

Batteries used to be stupid. Older batteries would “forget” their full capacity, so they wouldn’t be able to fully charge again. So, you’d have to let a battery discharge all the way to 0% before charging it again. That’s not the case anymore, and it hasn’t been for a long time.

Smartphones today have lithium-ion batteries, which don’t suffer from the memory problems of older nickel cadmium and nickel-metal hydride batteries.

http://lifehacker.com/smartphone-battery-myths-explained-1735327089

FWIW I've been using my note 3 ZL for over a year with no noticeable drop any battery performance. Or any problems either. A long 2% is common. (2+ hours)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This makes the phone ridiculously huge. What is the point? I guess to each their own but totally not for me. I would much rather carry a external power supply than install this on my phone.

Call me crazy but I actually prefer the extra heft. It feels less like a fragile toy in my hand and more like a military tool. The battery life is just insane, I never have to worry about it anymore whereas before I had to constantly worry about it.
    This makes the phone ridiculously huge. What is the point? I guess to each their own but totally not for me. I would much rather carry a external power supply than install this on my phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

There few reasons as for why.
    For me, I enjoy superior battery life - tweaked my bricked Note manages two days of constant screen on times - mostly with google maps in navigation mode and either some movie on other window or audiobook/music in background. That's when I don't feel like experimenting and am not running above mentioned apps with Lapse it and some or the other loger of multiple sensors build into this device.
    I also enjoy fact that ZeroLemon made case for this battery a really sturdy thing - and clip-on-belt screen protector/stand is also a welcome addition.
    As for external power suplies - I have two Anker Pro 14mAh powerbanks, of which one is always in my bag. I usually tinker with software on my phone and as a result of that ended few times with empty battery around noon. And because of nice coincidence, both ZL battery case and said powerbank are almost same size...so I ducttape them both for some Back to the future III feelings.

Now, it's not for everyone. Most people don't really need as much battery life as I use <that's 2x 14mAh in Anker plus 4mAh of emergency little pack and ZL 10k backpack for phone itself...that's actually more than my Alienware laptop is equipped with!> but it's nice to have option. Plus, I was using original Note with Mugen battery and can't really use my phone without decent powerpak in it.
    It's on the charger for its second full charge. The first day I hammered it and the second day I went a little easier on it but either way the total usage without having to plug it in once is crazy to me.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zz4l3bxikvg8gxd/2014-08-06 00.26.43.png
    P.S. How the hell do you paste a picture on this forum?

xda app is garbage for posting or attaching pics, try tapatalk pro which grants you better stability,unlimited thanks and easier to post/attach pics that show up!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    A Review Very Thorough Review

Zerolemon 10000mAh Battery Review – Note 3

Introduction
    It’s huge. But that was to be expected for what this product represents. The 10000mAh Tricell Extended Battery certain lives up to its name; it’s the stock battery, but extended in every dimension. For comparisons sake, the battery is rated at 10000mAh – a whole 3.125 times as many milliamp hours as the stock battery included with the Galaxy Note 3. Does it last 3.125 times as long? Pretty much, but at the cost of added weight and size (though somewhat offset by the added protection offered by the included – and mandatory use – Zeroshock Case that comes included in the package).

Background
    For those who are wondering: Yes, this product is compatible with tempered glass screen protectors. Although I’m not entirely sure how thick of a tempered glass screen protector is supported, I’m currently using a Zerolemon tempered glass screen protector (0.3mm thick), and the phone still fits easily into the case. I used to use a thicker screen protector (0.4mm) and I’m not entirely sure that that would fit, but it would be worth a shot nonetheless. Also, the case no longer has a built-in plastic screen protector and instead includes a plastic screen protector to protect as much of the case as possible; this was a great decision and the included screen protector was a nice touch.

Initial Impressions
    The product itself comes in what would best be described as a plastic candy bag. Inside this bag was some documentation, company branding/information, the aforementioned plastic screen protector, an optional back plate (to allow users to use their stock battery and enjoy the protection of the zero shock case), a belt holster (which doubles as a stand), the Zeroshock case, and the 10000mAh battery. That’s some pretty great value considering that most protective cases alone can cost more than this entire package.
    The belt holster is actually very useful as a kickstand. The belt attachment clip can be rotated 360 degrees (with well-defined “clicks” every 15-30 degrees to lock it in place). The clip itself can be snapped back and held open permanently to allow the belt holster to act as an adjustable stand for the device. From my experience, it works great, both as a belt holster and as a stand.
    I really only have two complaints about the Zeroshock case itself. The first would be that it’s very hard to take on and off. If you are someone who likes to switch cases often or require quick access to your SIM or micro SD, then you might want to take into account how well secured the case is on your phone. The amount of locks to snap each of the pieces into place, combined with how solid the rubberized outer layer of the case is really makes it a pain to take off. Besides that, my only other complaint is the fact that there is a piece of the case that comes down and surrounds the earpiece speaker, proximity sensor, and light sensor. I don’t mind the fact that it does this, but it cuts the Samsung logo awkward in half and doesn’t look the greatest. It also makes the LED notification light difficult to see from certain angles.
    The battery is what the battery is. It has a capacity of 10000mAh and has NFC. That’s pretty much all there is to it.

Usage and Details
    After performing the initial 12 hour condition charge as instructed by Zerolemon, I used the phone exactly how I normally would. It lasted for just over 2.5 days with a total of just shy of 13 hours of screen on time. My phone is always connected to either LTE or Wifi, an Android Wear device, and has NFC always enabled. My brightness is set to 50% give or take 10%, and I have all push and syncing services enabled. This level of battery performance is what I am getting consistently now after having had the unit for just shy of three weeks. To compare, I would get approximately 4 hours of screen on time using the stock battery, so the additional battery capacity scales quite well.

In order to keep the testing results as consistent as possible (though they were ultimately more anecdotal than scientific) I tested both batteries (stock and the 10000mAh) using a Touchwiz based rom on the latest Kitkat 4.4.2 build available for my device using a custom kernel as well as on a CM11-based rom (4.4.4), again with a custom kernel. The results were essentially the same and there are too many things to consider to make a conclusion about AOSP versus TW in terms of battery life. However, what held true was that the extended battery lasted about 3 times longer than the stock battery; the extra milliamp hours scale very well.
    I don’t have many comments to make about the case in terms of protection as I do not see myself dropping the phone in the near future. However, what I can say is that the added bulk and the inner rigid frame combined with the softer, rubber, outer layer definitely give the peace of mind that if I were to drop my phone, it would protect my device quite well.

The case also has a pretty hefty lip on the front, so your phone will be elevated off of any surface that it is placed face down on. The camera cut-out is very, very deep, but it does not impede camera performance in the slightest. In fact, I actually like how recessed the camera is; it acts as a pretty convenient resting place for my finger and helps the overall usability of the phone inside of the massive case. Also, the left and right sides of the case have a bumpy texture that helps to make the phone easier to grip.

All of the ports and cut-outs of the device are perfectly aligned. The S-Pen, USB 3.0 female connector, and the headphone jack port are all covered by very well secured, but also easily opened flaps. The S-Pen is still easy enough to access, and all of the flaps stay closed when not in use. The both the volume rocker and power button are very responsive and the volume rocker has a distinct up and down separation on the case (though it is still ultimately one bar) for easier use, especially when not looking directly at the phone. The only thing that may case issues for some users is that the headphone jack is flanked by the case somewhat tightly by the rigid inner frame and so some larger 3.5mm headphone jacks/auxiliary cables may not be compatible with the case.

Thoughts and Conclusion
    So the question remains: Who is this product for? To be honest, I would recommend this product to anyone and everyone looking to extend the life of their Note 3 by a large margin. The case, though not as elegant as it could have been is definitely protective enough for harsher environments. Though the case does add a very noticeable amount of heft, especially with the extended battery, it is definitely manageable and still remains slim enough to fit into the pockets of relatively slim jeans. Though bulky, the case is not entirely unattractive; I appreciate the fact that the back of the case is flat, rather than sloping over the battery like some other manufactures have opted for.

Zerolemon has been around in the extended battery market for a long time and this product definitely shows just how well they’ve mastered this market segment. The battery works wonderfully and I cannot see myself going back to a stock battery any time soon. I’m no longer worried about running out of battery mid-day, and can go 2 to 3 days on end without charging my phone. In fact, I probably use my phone a lot more now, knowing that I’ll have the juice to spare at the end of the day. Although the battery takes about 4-6 hours to charge, the added capacity is definitely worth the bulk. This product is definitely worth all of the attention that it gets and I can easily recommend this case to anyone looking for the most robust extended battery solution available for the Note 3.
    had battery few weeks now .what i noticed is from 100% to 90 or 94% it goes quick then takes ages after that i condition battery about 5 times and do it now and again best lasting performance is just charge it when ever .think its better to charge it every 2 days what ever % its on it does lasy 15 to 20 hours whatever % says ..always evens out somewhere tbh
    a85412cf89e1eb6cc19da1ac43913dcf.jpg

plus try turning phone off over night and charge for some reason it gets better charge