[ROM][2.4.12][2.2.1 FROYO][v1]----StockMOD ROM™---- For the Buzz! ODEXED/DEODEXED

Search This thread

saranhai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Nowhere
StockMOD ROM | Wildfire Edition

Usual Disclaimer:We are NOT responsible for anything that happens to your device.

Please Don't ask for ETAS Thanks :D

Team Inferno Presents

.::StockMOD ROM::.
---Redefining Stock---

6826580281_10180ace5e_b.jpg

This is Stock Wildfire ROM with most of Sense removed...

~THERE ARE TWO VERSIONS: DEODEXED, AND ODEXED~

WHAT IS AN ODEX FILE?

In Android file system, applications come in packages with the extension .apk. These application packages, or APKs contain certain .odex files whose supposed function is to save space. These ‘odex’ files are actually collections of parts of an application that are optimized before booting. Doing so speeds up the boot process, as it preloads part of an application. On the other hand, it also makes hacking those applications difficult because a part of the coding has already been extracted to another location before execution.

THEN COMES DEODEX

Deodexing is basically repackaging of these APKs in a certain way, such that they are reassembled into classes.dex files. By doing that, all pieces of an application package are put together back in one place, thus eliminating the worry of a modified APK conflicting with some separate odexed parts.

In summary, Deodexed ROMs (or APKs) have all their application packages put back together in one place, allowing for easy modification such as theming. Since no pieces of code are coming from any external location, custom ROMs or APKs are always deodexed to ensure integrity. Thanks to slymobi's post

Features:
-Android 2.2.1
-Based on Stock
-SENSELESS :D
-Custom Launcher
-zipaligned
-deodexed/odexed

Bugs:
-You tell me :)

Instructions on Flashing:
1) reboot into recovery
2) DO A NANDROID BACKUP!!!
3) wipe data/factory reset, cache, and dalvik cache
4) flash ROM
5) flash optional mods *reboot first*
first boot will take awhile. PLEASE BE PATIENT AND WAIT :)

Changelog:
Code:
[B][I]StockMOD ROM v1 (2.4.12)[/I][/B]
-[I]Initial Release[/I]

DOWNLOAD:
IF YOU ARE GOING TO POST MIRRORS, PLEASE GET MY PERMISSION FIRST. THANKS

DEODEXED:
buzz_StockMOD ROM_v1.zip

md5: c24cdb5dffaa74955ec33293d0f88597

ODEXED:
buzz_StockMOD ROM_v1_odex_signed.zip

md5: 8430bfe8d8044e20fb2994fdaf8ff236

-Google/HTC for original ROM
-dsixda kitchen
-UOT kitchen
-xda community

MODS AND EXTRAS IN SECOND POST
FAQ in third post

IF YOU LIKE THIS, PLEASE HIT THANKS! :D

OLDER DOWNLOADS~
-none at this time

Last edited:

saranhai

Mar 5, 2011
Nowhere
FAQ​

Why called "StockMOD ROM"?
this is called StockMOD ROM because it is Stock with out Sense and bloat. that's the whole idea behind the name. (and also i thought it was cool :rolleyes: )

Why no Sense? i LIKE Sense
if you want Sense, then don't flash this ROM. with Sense removed, the ROM performance increases.

What is this ROM based off of?
latest official HTC Release, Android 2.2.1

How to make a NANDROID BACKUP?
Reboot to recovery, backup/restore, backup

Do i need to wipe before flashing?
YES! it's always recommended that you wipe before flashing. saves you lots of headaches.

Will i get hot girls/guys with this ROM?
sure.

Last edited:

aggourodolmas

Sep 24, 2010
Athens
This is very interesting and promising! It reminds me of Leaf ROM which all the useless HTC sense stuff had been removed. What about camrecorder? Is it functional?

saranhai

Mar 5, 2011
Nowhere
Reactions: aggourodolmas

sahasa

Dec 23, 2011
Zagreb
i just flashed deodexed version and it seems fine...but...can't send messages...calls works fine.
wifi and bluetooth works.
mobile network is connected but can't go online. When i look in settings i don't have any apn's.

rocker86

Aug 12, 2011
Kolkata
i just flashed deodexed version and it seems fine...but...can't send messages...calls works fine.
mobile network is connected but can't go online. When i look in settings i don't have any apn's.
You should configure your APN... Ask your operator to provide the same or save it manually...

The Archangel

Sep 2, 2010
Virginia beach

I'll keep that in mind for the next release.
If you go restore a back up ROM, you can use apn manager (not sure if that is right) to backup your apn. Then when you flash over this ROM, use that app you restore your apn

If I helped, give thanks, if you please.
........Death before dishonor........
Team MS

saranhai

Mar 5, 2011
Nowhere

manually add them in. :)

-Team INFERNO

Sent from my Streak7 Honeycomb using xda premium

auleu

Jan 31, 2011
this rom is pointless

if you do not want a sense rom , why not use the latest non sense 2.3.7 ?
why use an old non sense 2.2.1 ? people still use 2.2.1 because of the sense interface..

saranhai

Mar 5, 2011
Nowhere
this rom is pointless

why use an old non sense 2.2.1 ? people still use 2.2.1 because of the sense interface..

Haters gonna hate...
Would you rather have many ROMs to choose from, or not have any at all?
Fine. I'll drop support for this device.

-Team Inferno

"Quality, not speed"

The Archangel

Sep 2, 2010
Virginia beach
this rom is pointless

We are not here asking bout you opinions, if you don't like don't use it, but don't go talk down our work.

If I helped, give thanks, if you please.
........Death before dishonor........
Team inferno
Leader

aggourodolmas

Sep 24, 2010
Athens
I agree. I believe wildfire is for 2.2 and not for 2.3 android. that's the best for that low end device because that's its limits.. that's the truth. what's the point using a non full functional rom on your device when camrecorder doesn't work, fm radio is off, get force closes etc. of course, everyone gets what it's best for him. some find Froyo suitable for the Wildfire and some others find Gingerbread suitable. I admit that Froyo is no longer an updated version but let's face it.. wildfire is also outdated..
conclusion: every project for a new ROM is accepted, as long as it gives something new and not just only provides a different costumization

Slymobi

Jan 29, 2011
Here
What is odexed and deodexed?? can u please explain clearly to me??

WHAT IS AN ODEX FILE?

In Android file system, applications come in packages with the extension .apk. These application packages, or APKs contain certain .odex files whose supposed function is to save space. These ‘odex’ files are actually collections of parts of an application that are optimized before booting. Doing so speeds up the boot process, as it preloads part of an application. On the other hand, it also makes hacking those applications difficult because a part of the coding has already been extracted to another location before execution.

THEN COMES DEODEX

Deodexing is basically repackaging of these APKs in a certain way, such that they are reassembled into classes.dex files. By doing that, all pieces of an application package are put together back in one place, thus eliminating the worry of a modified APK conflicting with some separate odexed parts.

In summary, Deodexed ROMs (or APKs) have all their application packages put back together in one place, allowing for easy modification such as theming. Since no pieces of code are coming from any external location, custom ROMs or APKs are always deodexed to ensure integrity.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    StockMOD ROM | Wildfire Edition

Usual Disclaimer:We are NOT responsible for anything that happens to your device.

Please Don't ask for ETAS Thanks :D

Team Inferno Presents

.::StockMOD ROM::.
    ---Redefining Stock---

6826580281_10180ace5e_b.jpg

This is Stock Wildfire ROM with most of Sense removed...

~THERE ARE TWO VERSIONS: DEODEXED, AND ODEXED~

WHAT IS AN ODEX FILE?

THEN COMES DEODEX

In summary, Deodexed ROMs (or APKs) have all their application packages put back together in one place, allowing for easy modification such as theming. Since no pieces of code are coming from any external location, custom ROMs or APKs are always deodexed to ensure integrity. Thanks to slymobi's post

Features:
    -Android 2.2.1
    -Based on Stock
    -SENSELESS :D
    -Custom Launcher
    -zipaligned
    -deodexed/odexed

Bugs:
    -You tell me :)

Instructions on Flashing:
    1) reboot into recovery
    2) DO A NANDROID BACKUP!!!
    3) wipe data/factory reset, cache, and dalvik cache
    4) flash ROM
    5) flash optional mods *reboot first*
    first boot will take awhile. PLEASE BE PATIENT AND WAIT :)

Changelog:
    Code:
    [B][I]StockMOD ROM v1 (2.4.12)[/I][/B]
    -[I]Initial Release[/I]

DOWNLOAD:
    IF YOU ARE GOING TO POST MIRRORS, PLEASE GET MY PERMISSION FIRST. THANKS

DEODEXED:
    buzz_StockMOD ROM_v1.zip

md5: c24cdb5dffaa74955ec33293d0f88597

ODEXED:
    buzz_StockMOD ROM_v1_odex_signed.zip

md5: 8430bfe8d8044e20fb2994fdaf8ff236

-Google/HTC for original ROM
    -dsixda kitchen
    -UOT kitchen
    -xda community

MODS AND EXTRAS IN SECOND POST
    FAQ in third post

IF YOU LIKE THIS, PLEASE HIT THANKS! :D

OLDER DOWNLOADS~
    -none at this time
    What is odexed and deodexed?? can u please explain clearly to me??

WHAT IS AN ODEX FILE?

THEN COMES DEODEX

In summary, Deodexed ROMs (or APKs) have all their application packages put back together in one place, allowing for easy modification such as theming. Since no pieces of code are coming from any external location, custom ROMs or APKs are always deodexed to ensure integrity.
    OP UPDATED WITH SCREENSHOTS :D

This is very interesting and promising! It reminds me of Leaf ROM which all the useless HTC sense stuff had been removed. What about camrecorder? Is it functional?

just tried the camcorder, and it works :D

Question, how far in does this remove Sense?

mostly the launcher, i will work on removing more bloatware in the next update. :)
    Is there anyone alive...?
    link Is dead...! :(
    Yes. Still remember good old xda days