[ROM][ICS]MEGAMAX™ A90S / A90 V1[Custom ROM for MICROMAX A90S / A90][11-02-2013]

Search This thread

shahulakthar

Nov 28, 2012
chennai
Re: [rom][ics]megamax™ a90s v1[custom rom for micromax a90s][11-02-2013][new release]

YaY... I flashed the ROM yesterday and I'm very impressed with the new look of my phone now. Thanks a lot Shahul for the awesome ROM. But there are a few bugs (very minor) i would like to report. Don't know if they are in my phone only or in everybody else's. So here we go....

1) Data traffic button from the tools widget doesn't do anything. I have to go to the pull down thing and switch the data traffic ON/OFF from there.

2) When i tap on the 'back light' button, it says "unfortunately, tools has stopped".

and there are few others, I don't know how to tell them in text, will upload with pictures.

And Shahul, please don't get me wrong for this or pls don't think I'm whining. Its with these little feedbacks only a better and bug free s/w can be created.

And again, its an awesome ROM and i'm loving it. Thanks for creating it. Cheers. :)

EDIT: and there seems to be a problem with album. When swiping images, after 5 or 6 images, it gets struck, it doesn't go to next image or previous image. Is it happening with only my phone or ...???

Yes on/ off widget has some problem bcoz this is specially designed for xperia z jb. This bug was reported in launcher forum itself.

Regarding album. It takes a minute or 2 to capture all images and videos at first startup. After that it will work faster. If u still find problem follow this step and report back.
Settings->applications->all->album. Now clear data.

Sent from my A90S using xda app-developers app

Reactions: hotbaggy

BHARDIK

May 27, 2012
Rajkot, Gujarat
www.hardikahir.in
Good Work

Shahul proudly presents you modded custom rom for micromax a90s

Megamax-lable.jpg

FEATURES

Procedure to flash in CWM

Credits

Feedbacks

Download link Below

Small appreciation from you are always welcome

wow man finally u made it... looks nice definitely try tonight... then tell feedback.... btwn thanks really nice work its really appreciate for A90s users... never stop development... keep going and keep it up... as u know A110 have got JB rom cuz kernel source found... so try to find kernel source for me if u can then definitely i"ll port JB on A90s
any help is appreciated for me...

Reactions: raxitahir

subhajit

Jul 2, 2011
Your ROM rocks....It seems like I got a new phone :)
Apart from the issues which you already clarified, I did not face any problems.
Just a generic question on LMT: In lgCamera, I am not getting the PIE. Is there a trick available to get it?

EDIT: I am facing the same problem in other full-screen apps like MX Player (while in playback mode). I understand that it has nothing to do with the ROM. But I am unable to figure out how to make the PIE appear in full-screen apps.

Last edited:
Reactions: ssakil

shahulakthar

Nov 28, 2012
chennai
Re: [rom][ics]megamax™ a90s v1[custom rom for micromax a90s][11-02-2013][new release]

wow man finally u made it... looks nice definitely try tonight... then tell feedback.... btwn thanks really nice work its really appreciate for A90s users... never stop development... keep going and keep it up... as u know A110 have got JB rom cuz kernel source found... so try to find kernel source for me if u can then definitely i"ll port JB on A90s
any help is appreciated for me...

Welcome back bro, nice to see u here. I always welcome ur feedback. We need kernal source I hope we will get soon. We have to contact gionee for its source.

BHARDIK

May 27, 2012
Rajkot, Gujarat
www.hardikahir.in

gionee will already released their kernel source for his GN868 AND GN868H the H one is A90s and only 868 is A90 one... but dont know where.... btwn thanks

Sent from my A90S using xda premium

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

we only need to do this

find GN868 OR GN 868H JELLY BEAN CUSTOM ROM then we take kernel from that rom... but still m not find.... i only find gn868 ics rom....

shahulakthar

Nov 28, 2012
chennai

Your ROM rocks....It seems like I got a new phone :)
Apart from the issues which you already clarified, I did not face any problems.
Just a generic question on LMT: In lgCamera, I am not getting the PIE. Is there a trick available to get it?

EDIT: I am facing the same problem in other full-screen apps like MX Player (while in playback mode). I understand that it has nothing to do with the ROM. But I am unable to figure out how to make the PIE appear in full-screen apps.
Subhajit this screen shot specially for u. Normally if u r viewing in landscape it appears like this. Lg camera app.

Image not uploading from xda app. I will upload with my pc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-13-17-08-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-13-17-08-42.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Reactions: lopestom

akhil neela

Feb 13, 2013

Hey I installed your rom. It is superb nd awesome Bro. But only problem is no soft keys. And I am unable to use gestures also. Plz upload screen shots or YouTube video on how to enable soft keys. Plz I am eagerly waiting. I am impressed with your rom. Thanks in advance Bro.

shahulakthar

Nov 28, 2012
chennai

Hey I installed your rom. It is superb nd awesome Bro. But only problem is no soft keys. And I am unable to use gestures also. Plz upload screen shots or YouTube video on how to enable soft keys. Plz I am eagerly waiting. I am impressed with your rom. Thanks in advance Bro.

Video comes tonight

abhi7395

Jun 14, 2012
Rajkot,Gujarat

Thanks abhi. I expecting you from yesterday.;)

Sorry bro... :D::eek::D

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Great Rom bro! Smooth with a lot of free Ram. This one is perhaps even better than stockonfire and zhao touch based on my testing.
It would be great if you could port JB. You could search for the phone's kernel online. The oem manufacturer of the A90s is Gionee which is a Hong kong based company. The model number is 868H.
Once again, I applaud your work! Keep the good stuff rolling in!:)

Gr8 news bro...:D

Last edited:

shahulakthar

Nov 28, 2012
chennai

Check this for step by step procedure video.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=37852367

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
Kernel - I do not know if it has

gionee will already released their kernel source for his GN868 AND GN868H the H one is A90s and only 868 is A90 one... but dont know where.... btwn thanks

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

we only need to do this

find GN868 OR GN 868H JELLY BEAN CUSTOM ROM then we take kernel from that rom... but still m not find.... i only find gn868 ics rom....

BHARDIK / shahulakthar

Forgive me for the intrusion, but we at BLU VIVO 4.3 also tried with Gionne. Surely GN868 is old, and GN868H is for our phones MMX and BLU.
A member of our forum posted this in a ROM GN868. I certainly did not download the file and do not intend to be because the old one.
But if you want to emulate or look inside the file are the Kernel, the links are below. Whenever I get new information that might help us,'ll let you know too.

MacGyver1138
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1927093&page=23

http://down.cnanzhi.com/rom/gionee/GN868/

http://www.romzhijia.net/romlist/162_0_0_1_10

Reactions: ssakil

BHARDIK

May 27, 2012
Rajkot, Gujarat
www.hardikahir.in
thanks for info

BHARDIK / shahulakthar

Forgive me for the intrusion, but we at BLU VIVO 4.3 also tried with Gionne. Surely GN868 is old, and GN868H is for our phones MMX and BLU.
A member of our forum posted this in a ROM GN868. I certainly did not download the file and do not intend to be because the old one.
But if you want to emulate or look inside the file are the Kernel, the links are below. Whenever I get new information that might help us,'ll let you know too.

MacGyver1138
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1927093&page=23

http://down.cnanzhi.com/rom/gionee/GN868/

http://www.romzhijia.net/romlist/162_0_0_1_10

i downloaded all those ROM files its all Gionee GN868 ROM which are Micromax A90 not A90s or Blue Vivo....
cuz its all in stock 4.0.3 Version we cant get kernel from that ROM cuz its wont able to boot Jelly Bean ROM.......

still thanks for your info dear........
and keep inform us for better developments.........

BR
HARDY AHIR

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

it mean those ROM for GN868 not for GN868H one..........

our device is Gionee GN868H if m not wrong........??? :p :p

shahulakthar

Nov 28, 2012
chennai

Guys, tell me ur requirements that u need in megamax a90s. If it is possible I will try to give u as an addons
( flashable zip file).

pushkar.nagle

Dec 14, 2012

I installed ur rom. And i activated default soft keys by editing build prop editor. But in app drawer, the last row of apps is not clearly visible. Pls see attached screenshot.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360862676537.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360862676537.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 193

shahulakthar

Nov 28, 2012
chennai
I installed ur rom. And i activated default soft keys by editing build prop editor. But in app drawer, the last row of apps is not clearly visible. Pls see attached screenshot.

pushkar, i know that this launcher is specially designed for 5 inch screen. so it appears like that. that is also one the reason for choosing LMT instead of soft navigation keys at the bottom. i try to fix this issue soon. Thanks for your feedback.

Reactions: pushkar.nagle

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Shahul proudly presents you modded custom rom for micromax a90s and micromax a90.

60percent.png

FEATURES
    all Bloats Removed
    Pre-Rooted
    Init.d Support
    Zipalingned
    Deodexed
    Super user added
    LMT for navigation( soft keys at the bottom removed)
    Power options added ( reboot, recovery, power off....)
    Latest SONY MEDIA apps
    Sony walkman music
    Sony album
    Sony movies
    Bravia Engine 2 for media apps
    Miui type File Explorer(root access/user friendly)
    Miui sound recorder with mp3 support
    Torch and note app
    Battery 1% mod added
    Rose Mery font from Galaxy Note 2
    Xperia Z Home Launcher (Modded to reduce lags)
    All new Build.prop tweaks added

Addon Features:
    Android 4.2 Keyboard
    JeallyBean Google Now
    GAPP with GTALK Video/Audio Calling

Note: Do this at your own risk
    Procedure to flash in CWM
    Wipe cache
    Wipe data
    Advanced/wipe delvik cache
    Mount/format system
    Install Zip from sd card
    Reboot

After that Boot logo appears wait 2 minutes, it will take more time for first boot for deodexed Rom.

To activate LMT.
    open app drawer
    open LMT and select start services
    Also select Autostart and enable it.

Credits
    DsiXDA for Android kitchen,yuwang for guide me
    Thilanc for Xperia z Launcher Mod
    Rizal for Sony Media App Mod
    Apoonet for Miui Mods
    noname81 for LMT

Feedbacks
    I re-installed it and done everything as given procedure and now its working fine , it maybe some problem in flashing before i installed.
    Thanks YOU. IT's really a nice rom.

Great Rom bro! Smooth with a lot of free Ram. This one is perhaps even better than stockonfire and zhao touch based on my testing.
    It would be great if you could port JB. You could search for the phone's kernel online. The oem manufacturer of the A90s is Gionee which is a Hong kong based company. The model number is 868H.
    Once again, I applaud your work! Keep the good stuff rolling in!:)
    Finally I got your rom up and running in my gn 868,its the best rom ever,thanks man,you can see in my sig

Sent from my A90 using xda app-developers app
    Bugs
    1.When default navigation key at the bottom is active, app drawer last row icon names are not visible.FIX HERE.
    2.Music player at the lockscreen is not working and no music widget.
    3.In on/off toggle widget, data connection and torch are not working.
    Download link for A90S Below(Dual Core)
    Megamax_A90S_V1.zip - 286.56 MB
    Note: For gn868h devices you need to change boot image in zip with your stock ROM boot image and then you have to flash.
    Download link for A90 Below(single core)
    Megamax_A90_V1.zip - 311.45 MB
    After Download u need to change value in update script.
    unzip ROM zip, navigate to \META-INF\com\google\android\update script. Open it using notepad++. Search for mmcblk0p6 and replace it with mmcblk0p7. Two location u have to replace. Save it, zip it and see video for how to flash it.

Note: For gn868h devices you need to change boot image in zip with your stock ROM boot image and then you have to flash.

I Really Don't Have Anything, But You Are Free To
    thanks.png
    Button & Rate This Thread 5 Stars

Screenshots

Screenshot_2013-02-11-23-44-55.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-20-51-40.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-23-36-52.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-23-37-02.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-16-47.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-20-32.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-21-16.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-22-10.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-23-00.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-25-29.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-26-31.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-44-54.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-45-44.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-46-27.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-51-20.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-21-51-54.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-12-14-40-01.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-22-02-56.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-11-22-05-27.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-06-10-41-00.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-13-09-55-12.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-13-23-15-48.png

Ok what's next? Thanks button :)
    Addons, Videos and FAQ's

Addons

To install Addons go to CWM Recovery and simply do install zip from sdcard. No need to wipe anything.

1. Android 4.2 keyboard

Screenshot_2013-02-14-22-51-21.png

Download link:4.2 keyboard swipe feature

2. JeallyBean Google Now

Screenshot_2013-02-14-23-57-15.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-14-23-45-32.png

Download link:Google Now
    Discussion Thread and source:Here

3. GAPPS Includes GTALK with video calling

GAPPS.png

Download link:GAPPS
    Note1: open downloaded zip go to system/app/ now delete gallarygoogle.apk coz we alreay have sony album so it consume more ram for gallery.
    Note2: after installing gapps, Google now replaced. So after reboot again install Google now

How to Flash Megamax_A90S Custom Rom

Sorry for my language

FAQ's

1.How to activate default soft navigation keys at the bottom?
    Ans: you need build prop editor. Download from play store. In the build prop editor search for qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 and change its value to 0. Reboot your device.now soft navigation appears as default.

2.Is it possible to activate LMT navigation on left side of screen?
    Ans: Actually LMT can be activated to appear on all sides(except top) left, right and bottom at the same time.

To activate LMT in different direction. Open LMT scroll down and select activation area position under pie control. Now u have options for left,right and bottom pie activation.

I really surprised myself with the beautiful images. An excellent work. :good:
    I also found interesting the withdrawal of the lower keys. But I have some doubts about it:
    In some games these keys are required to return exactly the options. Had to put that screen back or side there another way?

Anyway, congratulations, continue with more work and you certainly have a great team to reach MMX A90s with JB.:fingers-crossed:

Thank u. I love to use LMT instead of soft keys at the bottom. There are so many settings in lmt( pie keys, gesture recognition, tasker ......)

I am using LMT more than a week. Initially it was difficult to use. Coz we always look for soft keys at the bottom. after few days I used to it with thumb on the right edge of the screen.
    Still u want soft navigation key at the bottom. U can activate it.

To activate download any build prop editor from play store and search qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 change its value to 0.

That's it.:)

Guys definitely I will update both A90 and A90s Megamax ROM with Aroma installer.
    I already did for A110. Now i am working on few bugs in that. Once i got stable vesion i will make it for you all.